Stat Predictions '07-'08

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by RipBillupsRJC, Jul 5, 2007.

1. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

These are the only stats/players I feel like predicting right now. Might add some more later.

Rodney "Stucknut" Stuckey:

MPG: 22
    PPG: 10
    APG: 3
    RPG: 3
    FPG: 3
    TO/G: 2
    BPG: .5
    SPG: 1.5
    O/RPG: 1

Amir Johnson:

MPG: 19
    PPG: 6
    APG: 1.5
    RPG: 6
    FPG: 3.5
    TO/G: 1
    BPG: 1.5
    SPG: 1
    O/RPG: 2
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Wow.

That`s very optomistic of you to think Stuckey will get 22 MPG.

I like 19 per for AJ though........
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

RS:

MPG: 23.5
    PPG: 13.5
    APG: 4
    RPG: 4
    FPG: 4
    TO/G: 2
    BPG: .5
    SPG: 1.75
    O/RPG: 1

Amir Johnson:

MPG: 23
    PPG: 12
    APG: 1.5
    RPG: 7
    FPG: 4.0
    TO/G: 2.5
    BPG: 2.25
    SPG: 1
    O/RPG: 2.75[/quote]

:hoops:
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm hoping for big things from those two, but I'm going to wait and see what happens to the Piston team roster over the next month before I start predicting how they will fit in next year.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Maybe he thinks Chauncey is going to not be here next season....
  6. celtics50

celtics50 Second Round Draft Pick

When I look at stuckey, I think of Kedrick Brown. maybe better competition than brown but stuckey's competition he played comes to question.

He played extremely well, but in a mid-major conference. Eastern Washington posted a 15-14 record on Stuckey's back. When Stuckey had to play against good competition, he was more average than he was good. Look at his games against santa clara, gonzaga, unlv, and oregon. Those are 4 teams that eastern washington played and those were good teams last year.

I'm not saying stuckey can't or won't be good, and it helps that he's on a good nba team where he can mature and doesn't have to be the man, but I look to him to be a rotation guy at best in the NBA. If he becomes a full-time starter at any point in his career (especially as a piston) then I'd call that a victory.
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Excellent insight c50.

It's nice to have knowledgeable basketball fans from around the league stop in. It helps put things into perspective.

(and I'm not just saying that because you've said some nice things about the Pistons... although it helps.:MusicBigGrin:)
  8. celtics50

well I'm a sports watcher and a celtics fan. I will root for the Celtics but that doesn't mean I don't try to keep up with other teams as well. I noticed that he went to Eastern Washington and absolutlely dominated (only player to average more than 10ppg his last season I believe) and eastern washington is part of the big sky conference which isn't exactly the Big east/ACC/SEC or even the pac-10 which isn't known for being a "major" conference but it is bigger than the big sky.

But like I said, its not like he can't or won't blow up, its just being cautious because he could be the big fish in the little pond. The same could be said about Amir Johnson but there is still that "potential" factor with both players and I know what its like to hope strongly that players that are drafted by your team will succeed in a really big way in the NBA
  9. buddahfan

In two road games this last year against U of Washington (Pac 10) and UN at Las Vegas he scored over 50 points total!

Nothing wrong with that level of competition.

10. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

CB, Flip, Rip, and Sheed 38+ mpg
    Nazr 20 mpg
    Yet to be signed aging pg, 20 mpg
    yet to be signed aging sf, 20 mpg
    Amir, JMax, and Stuckey what ever is left over

Everyone else, DNPs
  11. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Billups - our new 60.5 million dollar man..........

MPG: 32.5
    FG%: 41.0
    PPG: 15.4
    APG: 6.7
    RPG: 3.3
    TO/G: 2.3
  12. buddahfan

So we now have a $57.5 million man and a $60 million man. Adjusted for inflation I would think Sheed got about the same money.

USATODAY.com - Rasheed Wallace signs five-year, $57M deal with Pistons

13. celtics50

So your argument is that Stuckey's level of competition is ok because he played a couple of good games against a mediocre pac-10 team (19-13 and no tourney) and 25 pts on 7 for 20 shooting against a good UNLV team?

Yea I'm still going to question his level of competition, but also if you read my last post I did mention to look at the UNLV game as a compliment because he only has maybe 5 actual games where he plays some solid division 1 NCAA competition.

You can get high on him because you're a Piston fan but he played in a small conference, and tried to carry the team on his back and didn't exactly succeed. He didn't play any teams from the biggest and best conferences against the best competition so how do you actually know how he'll translate to the NBA? like I said, solid rotation guy. To expect more at such an early point in his career is setting yourself up for a letdown
  14. Nemo

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LeBron James never even played in college. He played against high schoolers. Yeah, he was a dominant player, but high schoolers man.

Being a fan is all about setting yourself up for a letdown, not avoiding the emotional hurdles.
  16. Nemo

I thought being a fan was moving a lot of air and keeping your cool.........oops, wrong fan.........
  17. celtics50

lol did you just compare lebron james to rodney stuckey? Lebron James is/was an absolute MAN CHILD. He's 6'8", was built like a man at 18 years old, has great court vision, and an incredible vertical leap. The only thing coming to question when he made the jump to the NBA was how solid is outside jumpshot is, and he's definitely improved it and silenced most critics (although people will always criticize him).

Stuckey is 6'5" 205lbs. Some people draw comparisons between him and Dwyane Wade but that remains to be seen as Wade is more athletic than Stuckey and played at Marquette, not eastern washington. Stuckey was a good player on a mediocre team. A team that needed Stuckey to do all of the offensive work because there was no help.

Rotation guy, maybe a future starter MAYBE