Stern: Commish or tyrant?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 24, 2006.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good piece by McCosky, but this is something we all knew by the time round 2 of the playoffs were over and probably before that.

The next question is does Stern have enough power to overturn the 1st Amendment and get McCosky banned to Siberia to do his reporting:laugh:
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

And then probably get suspended for the ENTIRE season :faint2:

I hate that it seems like teams (esp ours) are just screwing themselves trying to adjust to this "new NBA" and that nobody of importance is willing to put themselves out there and criticize. (except Cuban)

I realize most owners are business people and not basketball fans and could care less, but it's still frustrating.
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Yes. Stern's power knows no bounds.
  4. max

max All-Star

As much as I usually enjoy slamming McCosky, I have gained respect for him.

Hopefully this trend will continue and more sports writers will speak their mind about the Commish. The owners obviously have been ignoring what fans think of Stern so perhaps writers representing fan discontent will have more of an impact.

Stern did a lot of great things but most of that was back in the 80's. I am not sure that his influence is currently helping and could be doing more damage than good.

We need a consistant environment where the rules do not keep changing and all fouls are called equally.

They will call them evenly in the World Tourney about to start. Lets see how Wade and Lebran will fare in that.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Himat are you still angry about the loss of BBeen?
  6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would like to see a change of commissioner. Some people get too comfortable once they've been in a position of power too long without any opposition. Then the start making drastic changes (mistakes).
    How bout someone like Rick Mahorn or Bill Laimbeer.
    What direction do you think the league would go in then? Pretty boys would be coming back down to earth rather sharply.
  7. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If this is the way D Stern wants the league to play, TEAM USA will have problems in the Olympics and any other Internationak meet under the FIBA rules. Players like LeBron and Wade won't have any NBA or 'Stern's Refs' to bail them out when they getting out of control with the ball.

Both LeBron and Wade and even Melo will not get away with the palming of the ball, extra steps, etc in such tournaments, let alone whinning to the refs when they can easily get 'T' up.

D Stern is killing them instead of helping them to becoming a 'MAN' and better basketball player.
  8. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

A new commissioner that has played or coached in the N B A would be better that a lawyer. Get rid of Stern.
  9. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

It's all about the $$$. The NBA has just about no integrity left. The Heat will never be 2006 champs to me. I am a fan of the game and my team so I will watch, but as a whole the league is a joke.
  10. max

max All-Star

I keep hearing that. To me it seems like you need integerity to get the money?
  11. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

When you think about it the Heat got 2 huge breaks. Non calls on both wade and shaq. and the two also go lots and lots of whistles. Shaq can elbow Stack in the head resulting in stitches and its ok, but let Stack knock down Shaq and a one game suspension after the fact during the finals???? GIVE ME A BREAK! The referees sucked the heart out of the Detroit and Dallas players. It has got to be an emotional night mare. Look how Dallas absolutely dominated in games one and two. Then they just fell apart. Why do the owners tolerate this? They need to get together and request some changes before the season starts again. Stern and Stu Jackson both should be gone
  12. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

How much money have the networks made off of reality TV? That stuff certainly has no integrity.

Elvis Presley had little or no integrity.

Milli Vanilli.

Vanilla Ice.

Martha Stewart.

Barry Bonds.

Mark McGuire.

Kobe Bryant.

I'm leaving politics out of this.

But you get the picture. It's entertainment.

It doesn't have to have integrity, as long as we keep tuning in and buying the merchandise.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

As long as it's not the playoffs.:laugh:;)
  14. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Stern is blatantly turning this game into scripted, non competetive entertainment