Steve McNair R.I.P. ?

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by G-man, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-man

G-man Starter

I don't get the "they've paid for it" theme?

She murdered him. Shot him while he was asleep. He didn't do anything to be murdered for, she planned it, went out and bought the piece, waited for him to fall asleep and then murdered him. It wasn't a consensual act.

There are very few things one can do on this planet wherein they deserve to have their lives snuffed out. His having a relationship with her regardless of his marriage is not one of them.

She was the frickin nutcase.
    He was a victim of the nutcases wrath.

2. G-man

G-man Starter

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Steve and his girlfriend were hanging out for 8 months...why his wife did not how serious it was between the two is beyond me and everyone else. How could you hide something for that long??

The other thing about this situation is that other players are now rethinking the secret affairs they are involved with as some of those situations can get out of hand and the same results can occur.

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Nothing in life is hidden. It's clear to anyone who wants to see. -hQism

5. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

They didnt seem as though they were hiding it. His wife probably just ignored it. Thought it was a fling and Steve would get over it.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You are probably right. This was probably not his first fling, but certainly his last.

7. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

What is scary is the thought that he could get entangled with this crazy (and murderous) lady, and apparently not have any idea of how dangerous she really was. Was she that good an actress that she could conceal such a dark and dangerous side of herself?

8. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

I'm with NYPiston on this. Regardless of how crazy the girl ended up being, unless she was a young woman that fell in love with a man at a restaurant, (she was a waitress, he was a customer) attempted to seduce him, was rebuffed and then killed him...then Steve got what he got.

Male or female, you have to be cognizant of the chance that when you have an affair, you are risking some sort of harsh payback from either your spouse or your lover. Or in Steve's case, your other lover.

What if his wife had been the one to kill them? Does that suddenly make her a nutcase?

I believe that "the wages of sin is death" was already mentioned and to a certain extent, scoffed at. Then, perhaps, "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" would be more appropriate. No? How about "you reap what you sow?"

Pick one. Any of them. All of them have been repeated and proven since they were originally written. Perhaps, if Steve had heeded one or all of those truths, he'd still be alive.

I know I sound cold, but I guess I have no sympathy for a man that was cheating on the woman that he was cheating on his wife with. I'm sure there's something in the Bible about gluttony too.

9. G-man

G-man Starter

Sorry Star I'll line up on the side of sanity on this one.

You can't justify taking a human life over sex or infidelity or very many things this side of exceptionally heinous crimes.

"Health hath no fury" does not make a sound argument for either commiting homicide or blaming the victim of a homicide, it's unjust rationalization for someones having a screw loose.

Being incapable of rational thought and having such little respect (indifference) for life displays a vast amount of selfishness. It's an incredibly ego-centric crime to commit.

By the way you don't kill a person for an affair of heart, you leave them.
    You don't kill a person period. It's not that a hard an equation.

She was mentally unstable, a veritable nut job.
    He was only guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with a crazy woman.

10. Star Jones

Who invited that person into his life? Who gave that person reason to believe that she would be a part of his life? Who? Steve.

Do I believe in taking someone's life? NO! But, when you put yourself in a precarious situation, you have no one to blame, but yourself. This wasn't random. This isn't something that is unheard of. This, like adultery, is a part of life and something that he willingly and happily pursued.

How about, "you play with fire, you might get burned?" Um, "you can't have your cake and eat it too?" Or, "all "good" things must come to an end?"

I mean, what's next? A gang member shouldn't be killed just because he engages in violence? A drunk driver shouldn't crash just because he drove a car while impaired? People shouldn't get wet just because they go out in the rain?

There are many consequences for your actions, if you don't want to suffer the more permanent, painful or costly ones, then you should carefully consider your actions.

You or somebody asked: how could she have hid the dark and dangerous side for so long? Well, I'm sure she thought: how could this great guy be such a liar? How could I have not seen it sooner?

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive?"

11. NYPistonFan729

Calling Ms. Kasemi crazy is too simplistic just as saying Steve was in the wrong place at the wrong time. These two were a couple for about 8 months. Going on trips, dinner, etc.

Steve was having fun with his PYT. She was enjoying the status of being his girlfriend. They did not hide it. They went to restaurants, bars, etc. Steve's wife and kids lived in Missississippi, not Nashville. So I could see where a 20 year old girl could think that Steve was going to get a divorce and be with her. There was a car registered in both of their names. I think Steve just thought if he gave her those props she would be happy. Then Ms. Kasemi found out about the other woman and it was on. Steve gambled and lost.

The blame is placed on both parties, but Steve has to shoulder most of the blame because he was married with children and a pillar in the community. For me, both of them should be forgiven because they have paid the ultimate price. Hopefully Steve's wife and children will be able to heal.

12. Star Jones

Oooh! You edited your post while I was writing, so I'll quote it this time.

I am so amused by the part that I bolded in your statement. She killed him because of "having such little respect for life...(a) vast amount of selfishness...(and)it's an incredibly egocentric crime to commit."

That's exactly what I think about adultery!

I really wonder about people who forgo their vows to God, their spouse and all of the people that witnessed those vows for some extra sex. Whether it's 12 days of marriage or 12 years, it and your spouse matter so little to you, that you just have to sleep with this person.

Oh, and the cheaters with the families? They are your words squared, cubed, no, infinitied. Nothing matters more to them than a new piece of booty, that satisfaction of getting what they want and when they want it.

They potentially sacrifice their lives, health, spouses, children, money and possessions for sex. Seriously? That's the jerk I'm supposed to feel sorry for?

No, I've never had anyone cheat on me. Nor, do I believe that I would cheat on someone, because I think it is so low and disgusting.

However, I am not naive or yes, egotistical enough to believe that I don't deserve the wrath of the person I hurt. The person I lied to repeatedly. The person, whose time, life, thoughts, money, well wishes, love, etc., I stole from all over the chance that someone could back up his words about all the things he could do to me.

If adultery were simply about sex, then no one would be killed over it. However, it's closer to what I just described and that's why folks do much more than just walk away.

13. NYPistonFan729

I agree. I don't want this girl to be labeled a crazy person. Her actions were despicable. She killed Steve and herself. No one knows exactly what drove her to do these things. However, from story of her friends, family and colleagues, it can be concluded that she thought Steve lied to her and mislead her.

14. G-man

G-man Starter

Doesn't wash Star. We all take our lives in our own hands every day when we walk outside, we put our lives in others hands all the time, get on a bus or plane or allow someone else to drive. So what. That has no relevance.

"When you put yourself in a precarious situation, you have no one to blame, but yourself"

That's a load of cow manure. You can blame the baztard that plans then kills you in cold blood. This wasn't a spontaneous crime. It was a pre-meditated cold blooded murder. She could'a and should'a checked out on her lonesome if her life was that bad.

I've been in a thousand bars in my life where people are drinking, does that mean if one slaps me over the head with a pitcher and kills me I deserve to die for being in the bar? That's ridiculous logic.

She snuffed out his life in a selfish mentally unstable act.
    She shot him in both temples! Not one, both! She shot him in one side them moved to the other and shot him again! what kind'a whack job does that? Think about it, not to mention shooting him twice in the chest.

She was a coward, she waited until he was sleeping to do it, waited until he was completely defenseless. There is no logical, legal or moral argument that can be made that in any way rationalizes her insane actions.

Whatever moral line he crossed, in knowing her, in giving her gifts, in loving her while married to another, totally pales in comparison her pre-meditated cold-blooded act of murder.

Face it, she was cuckoo, fruitloops, a walking bag of nuts.

He was a victim.

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm with G-man, short of threatening her with, or exercising violence with this woman, she had no moral just cause to use lethal force.

It's not ok even as a crime of passion to kill. It is never acceptable to take the life of another, under any circumstance except, perhaps self defense. Kill or be killed.

16. NYPistonFan729

Yes, Steve was a victim. He was a murder victim. That is true. He died because someone decided to take his life.

But if she was such a crazy person why did he go to the apartment? Why did her share the last 8 months of his life with her? I feel because he thought she loved him, was devoted to him and probably did everything he asked of her, she would always tow the line. This was a 36 year old man with a girl that was two years removed from high school. His son is only three years younger than her. Just listen to all of the reports from people, teammates, coaches, etc...Steve was bigger than life.

Now take that 20 year old girl and she thinks that she is getting married to the famous Steve McNair and she finds out that he has another jumpoff. All of us are capable of rage, and unstable acts. It just depends on how we handle bad or stressful news.....some people seek counseling, some people drink too much, some people eat too much, some people exercise, some people read, some people look for other distractions, some people run away, some people look within for answers, some people just handle it, some people move on, unfortunately for Steve, some people kill.

17. G-man

G-man Starter

I think ya'll are missing the point.

She was commiting adultery with him. He wasn't cheating on her, he was cheating with her. All the morality confab regarding his wife has no bearing because he wasn't murdered by his wife for commiting adultery.

Star, in this country, in the western hemisphere in general, we don't imprison or kill adulterers. If we did roughly 40% of all the married folk living in the USA would be be in prison or be dead.

18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The seven deadly sins are pride, envy, wrath, sloth, avarice, gluttony, and lust (no, I didn't even have to look them up).

I don't think he deserved to be murdered, but I don't feel very sorry for him either. You Do NOT cheat on your spouse.

@ Star, NYP, and Aurora. I really do appreciate the fresh perspective the ladies bring to the forum. I enjoy reading your stuff (both on basketball and the other things like this).

19. Star Jones

1. Living life is not taking it into your own hands. It's living life. So, yeah, you may get hit by a car by living life. You may luck out and not get hit by a car if you're playing in traffic.

There is a difference. Sean Taylor was living life when he was killed in cold blood. Steve McNair was playing in traffic when he was killed. There is a difference.

2. Just as she was under the belief that Steve had made her life great by being his girlfriend. She was under the belief that Steve had made her life that bad when she suspected that she wasn't the only one. He was rewarded with sex when it was good and four bullets when it wasn't.

The ying and yang of life.

3. If you are drunk and get busted over the head by another drunk. I feel bad for you. If you are drunk, talking trash, starting trouble and somebody busts you over the head, I feel bad...that I have to stifle back my laughter as you tell me the story.

It's that living life versus taking your life into your own hands thing again. Some things in life you don't ask for and some things in life you are simply begging for.

4. He destroyed seven lives in a selfish mentally unstable act. His, hers, Mrs. McNair and four boys with the McNair name. She didn't break into the love shack to kill him, she had free access. Access that was given to her by...hold on...wait for it...Steve McNair!

5. He was also a coward. You want the girl? Leave the wife. Two cowards in a pod.

6. Tell that to Mrs. McNair and their two shared sons. His actions were pre-meditated, cold blooded and life ending. His pain, if he felt any, is over. Theirs hasn't even approached the worst part. And that would be the same if he were still living and had merely been caught. His death might actually allow them to misdirect their well deserved anger at Steve.

7. Of his own stupidity, greed, cruelty, selfishness, ego and yeah, the woman that he used to fuel all of the above.

20. NYPistonFan729

I don't think he deserved to be murdered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.