Steve McNair R.I.P. ?

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by G-man, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

I don't think anyone is saying that it is acceptable, at least, I'm not. I'm saying: don't be surprised!

What did James Brown say? I don't know karate, but I know karazy!

You simply cannot toy with someone's emotions and expect no repercussions.You can't alter someone's life and not expect retribution. Sure, everyone would be chuckling if she had only burned his clothes or slashed his tires, but the reason as to why she did it would've been the same: he lied to her and broke her heart.

So that's on him. The murder is on her. But, every action has a reaction.

Just because somebody overreacted, doesn't mean that it should be unbelievable that they reacted.

Perez Hilton called Will.I.Am a %%%got. He thought Will would stomp his feet and call him names back. A reaction.

Instead, Perez got popped in the eye. Something that he believes is an overreaction.

Well, Perez, Steve, since you can only control one person in life and that would be yourself, don't do things to others that may cause their reaction to be much more than what you thought would/should be.
  2. G-man

G-man Starter

4. He destroyed seven lives in a selfish mentally unstable act. His, hers, Mrs. McNair and four boys with the McNair name. She didn't break into the love shack to kill him, she had free access. Access that was given to her by...hold on...wait for it...Steve McNair!

That is the actual crux of your whole thesis. He destroyed 7 lives. Because he fell asleep on his couch in his apartment and she shot him in his head multiple times - "he destroyed 7 lives"...

I see no sense in continuing the discussion as we are on opposite ends of the spectrum. You clearly blame the victim for being the victim. In my mind the reason they're called victims is someone "victimized them", i.e. "shot him in the head while he was defenslessly sleeping"

The "sleeping part" seems like the dead giveaway. I would argue that she destroyed 7 lives when she murdered him.

The fact he had given her a key to gain entrance, which she subsequently used to come in and shoot him in his head, somehow makes it deserving in your mind, is beyond me.

But maybe it's just me, sometimes logic gets in the way..
  3. Star Jones

Well...some people do kill adulterers. May Steve rest in peace.

As to her committing adultery with him, who's to say that adultery is something that she wouldn't have normally done if she wasn't led to believe that this one guy was worth compromising her belief system.

Maybe she was skank that only slept with married men. Maybe she wasn't. But, if she were the latter, then how much more devastated do think that this very young girl must have felt to have given her body, mind and basic core of her soul for a guy that turned out to be the absolute opposite of what he was leading her to believe.

That's how you get someone to shoot you in two temples and then twice in the chest. That's how it goes from burning clothes or slashed tires to murder-suicide.

Granted, this is speculation on what the police found to be facts, but I know that when people are in pain, they like to inflict pain. It's a normal abnormal thing that people do in all walks of life.
  4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It is not that simple. If it was, more people would be alive today. You cannot justify what she did. However, he was with her for over 8 months. My initial reaction was that wow, she must have been crazy. Then after hearing and reading the reports, she must have felt lied to and mislead by Steve. They were considered a couple all around Nashville. She thought they were getting married, she was selling furniture. I can only imagine what went through her head when he found that she had another jumpoff. That went the instability went through the roof. On Thursday, when she left work she told a co=worker that she wanted to kill herself.

Steven did not deserve to be murdered, but this kid was a victim, too. This is a sad story. I hope Mrs. McNair and his family are able to forgive both parties.

My friends and family have been discussing this on and on for a week. I dont know what I would do if I found that my husband had a girlfriend for months. No one knows what stress buster they will use.
  5. Star Jones

No, the crux of my thesis is that you have to accept responsibility for your actions. His actions consisted of truly caring for no one but himself.

He had a wife to love him, make love to him and drive around drunk with. That wasn't enough for him. He needed more. I'm sure he would tell you, if he could, that's he has gotten his fill.

Steve wasn't shot at the bus stop. He wasn't shot at his restaurant. He was shot by one of his lovers. A lover that he wanted. He pursued. He encouraged.

She wasn't a madwoman in the sense of she went on a killing spree. She was a mad woman that somehow justified that the pain he caused her was the equivalent of the pain she was going to cause him.

If Steve had made it out with his life, everyone would be saying: you shouldn't be messing with them young girls. You need to go on home to your wife. You too old to be carrying on like this.

But, since he died for things that he would have been admonished for, you want to absolve him of what he did wrong. What he willingly did wrong.

She. Went. Crazy. I don't disagree. However, his mistake was not choosing a potentially crazy woman to have an affair with. His mistake was choosing a woman to have an affair with.

She. Went. Crazy.

But. He. Was. Wrong.

And his poor decision cost him his life at the hands of a crazy woman. Plain and simple. She didn't kill a man that she didn't know, she killed a man that she thought she knew.

And if that concept is truly unfathomable to you, then I give you the friendly advice of not stepping out on someone that you claim to love. You keep talking about walking away, then you better do it before you buy the other chick a car.

Al Green didn't deserve a pot of hot grits. He got it anyway. Carrie Underwood made millions off of people that understand how it gets when he cheats. You ain't got to be crazy to do something crazy.
  6. G-man

G-man Starter

Everything you're writing is pure conjecture. I have stated the facts.
    You have no knowledge over the health of his marital status. You have no knowledge of how he conducted himself, or she herself in their realtionship.

How anyone can use "infidelity" to rationalize this homicide when the person commiting the crime was one half of the "infidelity" is hogwash.
    She was nuts.

Your "poor 2o year old" argument adheres to a double standard that only gives the benefit of doubt to the person that commited the pre-meditated cold blooded murder.

It's illogical. It's illusionary.

Darth, I do feel sorry for the 37 year old murdered victim. I feel sorry for his children who will now grow up without a father. Many marriages breakdown due to marital incompatibility over any number of things, not just sex. Many children come through those break-ups well adjusted. Many divorced spouses support their families, their childeren transition through the difficulty.

I think every child would prefer to have their separated or divorced father or mother alive, rather than dead. It's a sad event for all parties involved including her family.
  7. Star Jones

Oh, you want facts? Okay.

1. The fact is that Steve McNair was married.

2. The fact is that there is no record of him filing for a separation or divorce.

3. The fact is that Steve met this young woman at a restaurant with his wife and kids.

4. The fact is that Steve engaged in a relationship with this young woman.

5. The fact is that Steve bought this chick a whip to tool around Nashville in. Sometimes drunk, sometimes not.

6. The fact is that the chick was sane enough for him to buy the aforementioned whip and continue the relationship for seven to eight months. She was also sane enough to take on vacation and meet her parents.

7. The fact is that Steve conducted himself in a way that the chick felt that it was worth investing eight months in a relationship with him.

8. The fact is that something made the chick follow another chick because she thought Steve was "conducting himself" in a relationship with her.

9. The fact is that she gathered up enough "evidence" in her mind to kill Steve and herself.

10. The fact is, and the most important fact is, that if Steve had merely tipped the girl and tipped out of the restaurant afterwards, facts 3-9 wouldn't have occurred with this particular woman.

The fact is that Steve invited trouble into his life, his home, his bed and his truck.

It's illogical and delusional for you to keep ignoring that. It was delusional for Steve to believe that no one was going to get hurt, even if it was only emotionally. He did not care.

She could've shot him and he could've lived. The fact would still remain the same, she shot him because of something that went wrong in his adulterous affair.

Tell me, what would you say about this situation if he had lived? Shot four times, but he lived? What if he were paralyzed, but alive? Would the wife be heartless if she left him? What if the sons refused to speak to him for the rest of their lives? What if he lost 75% of every dime he had, but was still alive? What if folks stopped going to his restaurant?

What could've happened to Steve that is short of him dying, but more than her happily catching a cab home after the first or 20th time they had sex, that would make his willingness to have an affair worth it? Or not his fault and worthy of whatever happened to him after?

What could've happened to Steve that would finally make it okay to say that the end result is pretty much his fault?
  8. G-man

G-man Starter

"What could've happened to Steve that would finally make it okay to say that the end result is pretty much his fault?"

Nothing. The fruitloops, nutbag cold-bloodedly murdered him in his sleep.
    I know that's hard for you to comprehend.

I think your obvious disdain, dislike and distrust for men in general is coloring your perspective.

Here's the boiled down essence;
    • Plan to murder bad.
    • Murder sleeping person very bad.
    • Hell very hot.
  9. Star Jones

Wow, that's quite a leap, don't you think? Maybe even an overreaction? I haven't shown any disdain, dislike and distrust for anyone or anything other than adulterers.

At no time, did I limit my comments to just men as I don't believe they are the only ones that cheat.

Perhaps, (since we're jumping to conclusions from what has been written and not written) your insistence that the girl was crazy and Steve was a victim is rooted in your own paranoia/gratitude that the woman (women) you've been cheating with hasn't shot or killed you?

Yeah, I think that's it. You do seem to have a difficulty with acknowledging or assessing any blame to Steve.

Interesting.

Be careful. Seriously.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There are a lot of sad stories. I don't think this one is very sad. Everyone is rich, everyone knew that Steve was fooling around.

The sad stories are the ones when someone drops a bomb on small children. It's when the innocent get killed that is truly heinous IMO. Most people only care about the deaths of celebrities

Take the husbank to the cleaners. Make the smart economic choice. :)
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@Everyone, let's try to avoid making this personal, please.
  12. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I would be interested to see how the ladies who have been responding to this thread feel about Bill Clinton fooling around with Monica Lewinsky. No...Not what you think about him as president, but how you feel about his affair. Did Hillary respond appropriately? Is he still fooling around? What if Hillary shoots Bill...Who's to blame?:stirthepot:
  13. G-man

G-man Starter

"Perhaps, (since we're jumping to conclusions from what has been written and not written) your insistence that the girl was crazy and Steve was a victim is rooted in your own paranoia/gratitude that the woman (women) you've been cheating with hasn't shot or killed you?

Yeah, I think that's it." Star

Jolly good guess you little scrapper!

But since I already replaced her live shells with blanks, I sleep pretty soundly. I can't imagine endlessly defending someone who was clearly "mad-as-a-hatter" but to each their own.

If sometime around 2012, the planet devolves into a matriarchal society where men are devalued, enslaved and traded like chattel, my guess is you stand a pretty good chance of being voted the High Priestess. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.