1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Stinging rant on the players:

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Ozarkruffrider, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Hondo is my man with the Lions. Some of you know him from the Spartans and some of you read his OTA reports that I post in the Lions forum. What do you guys think of his observations here?:
    - » Thank God the Pistons season is finally over!

Maybe some of you see the point, like your comments.

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    There are a few good points in there. However, I vehemently disagree with Sheed's assessment. If only half of the Pistons played with heart and emotion he displayed, we'd be talking about the Pistons-Spurs series and not ragging on our team.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Excellent view of our coach, who is not backed by management. Also, liked your opinion of players running coaches out the door. Only difference is that I LIKE Rasheed. I feel he was the emotional leader during the playoffs. That distinction put him on an island as the rest of the team didn't follow his lead of passion...........

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

pretty good rant esp. about joe losing this team. However, I will stand by Rasheed. And doubly so if the alternative is Zach.

5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I would consider having both of them on the team. Sheed could play some center and his playing time would not be excessive.

6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Rasheed and Randolph together? Funny, I don't remember the Trailblazers winning anything that way.

I think the Dumars points are worthwhile. At some point Joe has to back a coach and put a bootprint on the players' butts. But the Rashwhine stuff is juvenile and doesn't sway me. Leaving out Billups was something of a cop-out. It is his attitude, not Sheed's, that ultimately has permeated the team.

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

I like Hondo, but I find his Sheed rants some of the silliest things to ever come out of his mouth. Did he even watch the ECF? Sheed was one of the few bright spots and one of the only Pistons playing to win. Hondo might be better off sticking to the Spartans & the Lions.

8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Who the %%%% is Hondo S. Carpenter Sr.?

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

For those of you who get pissed at Sheed. You would always get pissed at Zach Randolph.

10. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Interesting take. I think it is flawed in some ways. The NBA has changed since 2004. The defensive style that made the Pistons great has been outlawed by Stern. I think we should be more critical of Joe Dumars and Bill Davidson's decisions over the past couple of seasons. Letting young guy's like Okur go and giving away Darko come to mine for starters. Not providing a decent bench has led to the underachievement of this team.

If Rasheed is not on this team the Pistons don't make the playoffs. I believe there is a huge trade market for Rasheed. Any team that feels they are on the brink of a title would take a chance on Sheed. I think Phoenix, Dallas and Golden State would certainly be interested. If you ship Sheed off you have to get someone that is younger and will produce at the same or at a higher level. That is a tough task. We have very little bargining chips to make deals due to the penny pinching by Bill Davidson.

The Zach Randolph talk is just that talk. We don't have enough juice to get Randolph unless they are giving him away. Maybe the 15th overall pick is enough to get Zach. I don't know if Joe would be willing to part with that pick though.

11. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

He's the sports director at the ABC affiliate in Lansing, Mi.

12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed can lose his cool sometimes, but I still love him and want him on this team.

What he needs is a coach that can keep him in line. Brown did that, Flip has no idea how to do that.

The next head coach of this team (hopefully next season) needs to sit Sheed down on day one and lay down the law. You can play with emotion AND brains. Neither is mutually exclusive. I love Sheed's passion, but I can't stand his constant whinning and complaining. I'm sure it gets frustrating for him out there at times. He has a giant bullseye on his back as far as the officials are concerned. But the way he handles it most of the time only compounds the problem and adds to his bad reputation around the league.

I also don't like the fact that Sheed leaves the huddle so early on every timeout. He sits alone at the scorers table while Flip goes over things with the remaining 4. It may be a small thing, but I don't like it.