1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Stretch Run

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Mar 19, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

I keep hearing on how the Pistons peaked too early and are not ready for the stretch run. So when did it start?

Whats the official start of the stretch run? Are we there yet? And what defines it?

At what point in the season do you want to go all out and start on a roll for the post-season? When do you want to peak?

Last season the team started to roll when the 11 game win streak started on March 30. Season before that the team started winning on Feb 23 after the Sheed/James trade and kept up for the remainder of the season. Then again they had to after dropping 8 of 9 games prior to the trade and doubts of not even making the post-season started to surface.

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Last 5 games for this group.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Dunno what makes up a stretch run but the last two years we had real easy schedules in April... this one isn't too bad either...
    personally I just want them playing at a peak level the last two games.
    Those game may not even matter if a team has already locked up HCA.

4. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

It would be an encouraging sign if they play hard against the Heat, Mavs, Phoenix and the Pacers. I would like to see if they can "turn it on" when facing the better teams.

5. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Yea, if they don't look like they did earlier in the year during this next strech I will officially be in "worry mode". Against Miami/Dallas/Phoenix especially. If they show up big against those teams it will make me much more comfortable.

6. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

I agree. If we feel we are better than those teams, we need to put them in their place and show the league we are the team to beat. Otherwise I will have to stick with my prediction of a conference finals loss to the Heat.

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

here is where it comes down to. it is the stretch run, but the pistons have played scrappy teams who played us their hardest. If we show the same effort in our bigger games we're not ready. if we do beat them though we have witnessed the pistons not give their all out effort again.