Stuckey, Dixon, Hayes, AJ & Sheed

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Feb 22, 2008.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am very cautiously optimistic about these guys on the floor together. They are going to give some teams fits if we utilize this lineup.

Even though I would have liked to pick up a center, we now have shooters and all of the above mentioned guys can play defense with the exception of J.Hayes.

Hopefully, Flip will begin to trust Hermann for his shooting and his defemsive skills in place of Hayes depending on the matchup.

Juan Dixon is a Joe D type player, the guy is tough, and with the right team I have always felt that Juan would be a star in this league. Mark my word, he is relentless, I am so looking forward to him playing with Sheed and some of ther starters.

The fans are going to embrace Juan and HE will be a favorite here in Detroit for years to come. Joe will resign him in the off-season.

2. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

yep, but he is a way better rebounder than I expected, and like Blalock's one three, I saw him reject LeBron hard once... So I'm just going to assume he 'owns' him from now on.

Other than Dirk, who's soft, who has Fabio done a good job against? His twin Noccioni ate him alive.

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I don't see Pistons resigning Dixon. If Afflalo can work on his offensive game, he'd be a better choice with his size.
    Fabio hasn't had many meaningful minutes for us to make any kind of assumption at this point. We'll have to wait and see.

4. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If I was a betting woman, since I am not., Juan will be back next year guaransheed, unless of course he stinks it up which I seriously doubt.

5. mikhail1973

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

6. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Don't know too much about Dixon, but if I can sub Hermann for Hayes, I'd really like this lineup.

I don't know what it is with Flip and instant offense, but he keeps wanting these guys, and they always suck. First Mo, then Delk, Flip, and now Hayes. Hermann can score, and play D.

7. max

max All-Star

I am all for trying something reasonable. I think the 300k savings that Dixon represents after the trade and if that has anything to do with keeping us out of lux tax if another big is signed could have more to do with it than Dixons talents itself. But if Dixon can help us more than Afflalo then that should be looked at.

Problem both Dixon and Afflalo have about next year is that there will be another draft and there will be another mid/min level exception to spend.

8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Wow! Can I have what you're on?

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

you sure are a softie for these DC/Maryland ballers:)

10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Watch it KGREG.................I got armygirl`s back.......:nod:

We ex-Detroit Maryland DC folks stick together!!!!!!

11. Taco John

Taco John First Round Draft Pick

The only reason we would have that lineup out there would be if we were blowing people out and Maxiell, Dyess, and new 12th big man (Magloire, Davis) had fouled out so Sheed had to play for some reason.

I don't see Dixon as anything more than insurance for the possibility that Stuckey and Spellcheck are way out of their depths in the playoffs.

12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I would not be surprised to see Dixon take spellchecks spot in the rotation.

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

No way. AA is by far our best/toughest perimeter defender on the team. Lindsey is overrated these days IMO. He's a ball hawk, and will get the occasional steal against suspect ball handlers, but as far as STAYING IN FRONT OF YOUR MAN, and getting a hand up to contest....AA-All the WAY!!

14. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

We're talking about Flip Saunders here.

If he doesn't go with the vets during this years playoffs I might pass out from surprise

15. Chandragupta

Chandragupta First Round Draft Pick

As far as the playoffs are concerned, I see Stuckey and Afflalo having a big impact in the first two rounds. Assuming we get to the third round (likely against Boston or Cleveland), unless he has some sort of epiphany, I see Stuckey really struggling to play PG against tough defences.

I have a feeling Flip will opt to go with a more veteran backcourt at that point.

I pray that we use Amir Johnson as much as possible in ALL playoff series. I feel he is a difference maker, and ready to play on a highly competitive level.

Any thoughts on this?

16. mikhail1973

We thought that Amir was a difference maker last year as well. It all depends on how much playing time he'll get. Hopefully enough to make an impact. Stuckey has 25+ games to work on improving his offensive game and learning NBA defenses, so hopefully he'll be a contributor throughout. Don't forget, he's only played in 32 game this season. AA is not there for his offense, and as long as he stays within himself he should be getting playing time.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You know, at this point, it doesn't even matter if Amir is ready or not.

Something bizarre happens everytime he gets on the court. We play at a very high level. I mean, this is the kind of effect that KG or LeBron has.

We simply do not have negative +/- during stretches when Amir plays. It doesn't matter what sort of impact he has on the stat sheet, for some reason, we play very well when he is on the floor.

So yes, he is shaping up to be a difference maker, even if I can't put my finger on exactly why. He should play, but please remember, Flip Saunders doesn't coach by [STRIKE]any[/STRIKE] conventional logic.

18. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ok, but Hayes is not there for his defense. So, why are we criticizing him for it?

Sidenote - I am not defending Jarvis for his defensive shortcomings!!!:yellowprison:

19. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Of course that is Michael Curry teaching Amir how to master all of the "intangibles" that made Curry a pro. You take mastery of those intangibles and put them in the hands of an athletic stud like Johnson, and look the heck out!

20. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey