Stuckey gets the Big 40

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by markie8002000, Dec 23, 2008.

1. markie8002000

markie8002000 First Round Draft Pick

What did you guys think of his performance tonight??

I thought he played absolutely amazing!!
  2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I love stucky....great game, but I am not feeling this team..i knew they would win (14-0 when I do not dvr), there is something missing and sheed's techs are a major problem and distraction. I am not sold on team and curry.
  3. max

max All-Star

I went to the game and started noticing his stats at around 26 points. When he hit 31 with a quarter to go I started thinking 40 but did not think he would get enough chances. He got those chances. Great game.
  4. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

I've always loved Rod. I jumped up and down the day we drafted him (real glad we didn't get Nick Young). I was very happy to see him get 40 tonight. I see him have a great future for the Pistons and in the NBA; he is definitely an All-Star in the near future. His performance tonight should win an ESPY, Academy Award, and an Oscar!! LOL, I just had to put in a way to let everyone know that he was da bomb tonight.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

His aggression is refreshing. A guard who prefers to mix it up in the paint and who is talented enough to finish with all those shot blockers around is fairly rare. If that same guard can knock down college 3's at 40% or better, then it's like a budding Wade.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great game by Stuckey.. Can't say it is coming out game, as he could kay an egg on Friday. However with Curry going with the short lineup of 8 players and AI out nearly all of the second half, somebody had to step scoring wise, and I am glad Stuckey was able to prove to everyone that he can be the man if called on to be it..
  7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

it's kinda disturbing to me that there's no mention about Stuckey's effort on the nba.com front page. I mean, there's a 2nd year player who averages around 10ppg who goes up for 40 and no consideration? Maybe I oversaw the newsline, but I think that says something about how underrated Stuckey still is. Sure, he's no D- Wade, but he's shown that he can be a very, very solid PG if he keeps hitting jumpers and if he adds the 3pt shot to his repertoire (maybe he should spend some time with RIP to extend his range).
  8. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Yeah. He gets no love. All of the posters on boards discussing the NBA are calling the game a fluke and his jumper terrible. His jumper has improved greatly and his turnovers seem to go down in number the more minutes he plays. He did all of this within the flow of the offense, which is even more impressive. The only time he forced shots was when the shot-clock was winding down. He gets himself free for mid-range jumpers effortlessly. But he can't seem to even be mentioned on NBA.com's front page. Disrespek. The thing garnering most attention about the game is Allen Iverson's groin strain. Dear God, AI is overrated.
  9. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Stuck looked great. The Bulls couldn't stop his drives and when they tried clogging up the paint his jumper was on. His body control has improved a lot, as well as that left handed shot. He will be force to reckon with if he continues to improve at this pace. Has he slimmed down? He carries his weight well, CB looked a lot bulkier.
  10. markie8002000

markie8002000 First Round Draft Pick

Ya Stuckey has a really bright future and all the sports channels I've watched today never mentioned Stuckey at all just another player getting 40 points.
  11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Where do you live exactly? I'd like to put a hit out on your DVR. :gun1:

He plays for the wrong team. Had he played for NY or LA, he could have scored 30 and there'd be a full splash page of his accomplishment.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep you need to score 50 now to get a headline....some player gets a 40 ounce everynight :beer:
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

To be fair though, you do got to understand the difference between him getting 40 against a team like Utah, which can defend, and Chicago, which can't. As soon as Stuckey starts scoring 40 on the good teams, I bet he will get some notice. (PS, he did virtually nothing in that Utah game.)

Now, I will give you this though. AI did not make a bucket in the game, on 7 attempts. Obviously, Stuck outdid AI in this game, and they were both playing against the same defense. So you can be happy, but realized there is another level Stuckey has to get to yet.
  14. boozy

boozy First Round Draft Pick

Don't feel like quoting everyone so here we go. A.I. was huge actually in the first half before going out. He had some good assists( behind the back pass again) dribble penetration started the bulls on their foul trouble as well as playing the passing lanes. While I really enjoyed watching Stuckey's performance, it could have been overshadowed for a few reasons. Vince Carter scored 48 for example. Chicago is pretty bad on the road is another. Stuckey was actually GIVEN the forty point game at the end as well. With his last 4 or 6 (can't remember) coming from deliberate inbounds from the pistons and deliberate fouls from the bulls.

I am certainly not trying to take away anything from his performance though. I love his drives to the basket and ability to switch hands in mid air and finish with the left hand. While he does this he knows how to extend his body and draw contact. Also love watching him catch his own boards and finish his missed shots. My favorite thing though would have to be his perimeter shooting. His shot looks so clean and relaxed. With Tay I cringe because he looks awkward and I feel like he can't possibly make the shot fall. With Rip it looks like he doesn't have the strength to make it and I cringe. With Stuckey, more so already than any other piston, I actually expect the 20' jumpers to fall and am surprised when they don't. All in all a good solid performance by Stuckey and the Pistons.

P.S. Kudos to Tay and Dyce on their Double Doubles
  15. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

I agree completely. But the media often rides the jock of young up-and-comers who drop 30+ on anyone, and I don't see why Stuckey isn't given the same jock-straddling. I want his jock straddled, Lee. He dropped 40. 40.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What I don't get, is if Rose scored 40 on Stuckey, it would be a big deal. Stuckey does it to Rose, and we're all supposed to pretend it ain't a big deal.

Chicago is bad, but their strength is in their guards. And no other Pistons has scored 40 this season. Not Tay, Rip or AI.
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

It's because he didn't score 50. If he had done that, we would never hear the end of it. Hell, we're still hearing about Tony Delk.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah i thought a bigger point was that stuckey outplayed rose by a large margin and it wasn't mentioned, but if rose dropped 40 it'd be a big deal (of course, he's also a #1 pick).
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It was the ability of Rodney Stuckey that had me and Armygirl clamoring for Joe to trade Billups over the summer, that and nothing else. It's a bonus to get an exciting player like AI in return (although he totally throws the balance of our team off, and sucks on defense) that comes with a $20mill expiring contract. Although over the summer I felt we'd be better off trading Billups for depth, getting 2 solid bench players for Billups as opposed to a superstar, we did that once before and things turned out great......
    Grant Hill ='d Ben Wallace + Chucky Atkins. What if Houston would've bought the bait and given us Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier. But I think Joe and Billups had a wink and a nod deal that would only send him to Denver if traded.
  20. lk#1

lk#1 First Round Draft Pick

Portland would be a great fit. Too much talent and they need some veterans. Billups + Roy would be extremely slow but it would be one of the best backcourts in the league.