Stuckey, J-Max and ??????

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Apr 17, 2008.

1. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

What I'm interested to see is how the bench players play when 1 or 2 of them are playing with 4 or 3 starters on the floor.

These past few games it's been easy for Stuckey, AA and Maxiell to be aggressive offensively because they know they're expected to be when 5 bench players are on the floor. But will Stuckey defer to the starters and limit his drives to the hoop when he's playing alongside 4 starters? Will Maxiell hesitate to try his jumper and instead look for garbage putbacks like Amir?

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The rediculous part you can please leave on some other board where that kind of discourtesy is accepted. I am sure you will get around to apologising for that though.

I have been to many playoff games. And I study the film from the game even after attending one live.

You are highly underestimating Philly, and apparently, the league in general. Even Miami, the worst team in the league, consists of highly paid professionals who are not going to let you get away with bringing less than your best. Against Philly, less than our best won't even begin to cut it.

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Perhaps, Warthog should've just indicated his disagreement with Lee's opinion. It would've been more polite, I guess. Sometimes, our emotions get the best of us, and it happens to most, if not all of us.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What a ridiculous comment. :MusicBigGrin:

5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Oh yeah? You wanna take it outside, tough guy?
    :pound:

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i wasn't attacking you, i was disagreeing with your opinion. you are way overestimating philly, and everyone else who is picking this series to go 6 games. this series is over in 4 unless some fluke happens like a major injury.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I second that

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No apology? Oh well, its just a bad reflection on you. No skin off my back.

This series should be over in four, in our favor, unless some fluke happens like Saunders choking, forgetting he has a bench full of good solid young energetic players. Lots of us will be watching, hoping Saunders coaches for a win, and not go off on some vendetta against young players.

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I didn't think Warthog was being intentionally rude. It is a bit of a stretch to think these 2 guys would win you a series one way or another.

So a bunch of D-League call-ups who played the last 10 games of the season while tanking can be highly paid professionals, but the head coach of the 2nd best team in the league is capable of LB-type vendettas at the most important point of the season? Hmm...

Bottom line - If the starters do their job the bench will get plenty of minutes. The thing I will be looking for is for Stuckey to make a big impact when Dalembert is on the bench. Apart from him they have no inside defensive presence and Stuck should be able to attack-the-rack with regularity. As has been mentioned, the goal for the bench guys is to maintain a +1. The reason I am not expecting more even though our bench is superior to theirs, is because I am expecting Mo Cheeks to play Iguodala and Miller 44+ minutes each, so it may not be likely to be an 'Our bench' vs 'Their bench' thing.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well, that game speaks for itself.

11. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

...Lindsey. Then Ratliff. Old, old, and older. The old guys looked overmatched out there, especially McDyess.

12. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

...Lindsey "the" Hunter!

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Strangely that makes me want to cry LOL

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Still want to think I am off base about what Flip is capable of? Where were Amir and Afflalo tonight? And why?