stuckey or bynum....?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by monrams99, Nov 18, 2009.

1. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

is that raxrets or raxrat from estonia?..its already a free world man ..I thought people in Estonia are already free from the Russians as well as the Nazis?

OLD SKOOL HQ----> Is right
    This aint the KKK forum , RR...people here are free to their opinions. The world has enough problems, Ok?
    Not fussing, just enlightening.
    This aint the detroit News Pistons forum....

2. monrams99

Sorry Walter For irritating you but I guess You cant compare a Kwame to a Howard..
  3. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

i'm not saying that rip needs to be moved for cap reasons. what i'm saying is i don't think you can justify spending good money on 4 guards. eventually Stuckey will get his payday, and then you'll have $35+ mil per year tied up in your backcourt. can't happen. not to mention there aren't enough minutes for everyone.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Good point... 2/3 of our cap on just two positions makes little sense.

All in favor of status quo say aye
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

On record saying under no circumstances do we trade Stuckey... he's gonna be that good... leave him alone... we may have to find more players that can distribute.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I think he's good too, just not as a starting PG. Joe talked about how Chauncey reminded him (Joe) of himself, but I think Stuckey is JoeD-2.0, they're practically the same size and build, can you imagine what it would have been like if we would have tried to make Joe our PG of the future.

We need a legit PG, doesn't need to be an all star, but a pure PG that can shoot and distribute, you know kinda like the guy Denver has running the point..... :doh: I can't lie, I was indeed part of the mass of folks who felt Billups was expendable because of Rodney Stuckey's "emergence"
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Can someone please explain to me what they are seeing in this guy?

I see a guy who is relentless driving to the hole. I see a guy with size. I see a guy with a serviceable jumper.

I also see a guy who gets blocked a lot, doesn't see the court well, and doesn't have a post up game.

If I am missing something, fill me in.
  8. monrams99

You got it all right...
    :hoops:
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I thought last night was a pretty nice game for Stuck. He hit some jump shots, got to the rim a few times, and got to the line a bunch. He even spent some time guarding Lebron and did very well at it.

How many PG's in the league would be given the assignment of guarding Lebron ever?

Here's how I see his game at the moment:
    He dribbles almost like a PG. He drives like 2 PG's velcroed together. He shoots like a 2nd rate European center. He passes like an athletic swingman. He rebounds like a weak PF.

He's just a strange duck.
  10. max

max All-Star

One of the best summaries of Stuck I have read.
  11. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Your impressions seem fairly accurate today

If this was the peek of his abilities then we might call this a failed project.
    On the upside I can see a PG that can shoot over any PG not named Wade.
    He has the handles and strength to get to the rack when he wants...
    Will he eventually recognize the help defenders to find the open man?... Not ready to give up on this possibility yet.

Stuckey hasn't had consistency in his mentors... a new coach each year... a different view of how he should be running the point... with stabilty comes natural reactions instead of overthinking the position... similar to a young QB reading what the defense gives him.

The last thing the coach should be doing is putting him at another position (SF)... he's also trying to pickup the SG position... this is a full plate for even a 10 year vet.

I like his calm demeanor... this should bode well in playoff games.
    Also like his shooting form... the percentages should improve before they get worse (which isn't that bad for a PG).
    The double clutch on his drives leads to fouls (the highest shooting % available).

Why would we assume that Stuckey can not still improve his game?

Since we are not going to be a force in the playoffs I don't see the downside in waiting this out for a couple more years... worse case is he'll be a solid combo.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Given significant and steady playing time since the moment he was drafted, has any part of Stuckey's game improved at all?

It is starting to look like a pretty good race between he and Amir Johnson for who will figure it out 1st.

I do agree though that they got the luxury of time with him this season.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ernie encapsulates my point. This is looking like another Dumars 7 year project. (Cue cheap re-signing conspiracy theories)

Dumars has a real aversion to drafting anyone ready to play now, the exceptions being Chase Budinger :P, Jonas Jerebko and Arron Afflalo.

Doesn't bode well for Jonas being here in 2 years...
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Poor Stuckey... getting compared to the likes of Amir Johnson.

Ouch!
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If they add a 3rd round to the draft JJ will be gone to the 1st team that offers a pick.

Jerebko's offensive game might be enough to keep him around for awhile. I can totally picture myself 2-3 preseasons from now reading about how the Pistons are hopeful that his offensive game has developed enough to be a reliable 3rd option.
  17. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Dumars not risk with selections of players but I prefer to be positive with it, if it serves to obtain the rights of the choice of Ricky Rubio in 2011 when the NBA at 21 yaers old, playing the Euroleague holder 3 years and ACB league in the current best team in Spain and Euroleague runner, must be positive, maybe the policy of joe does something really effective for years.:MusicBigGrin:
    Stuckey is more valuable than Bynum, but with this performance as a base and its height this year we can renew a contract of $ 6 million per season, a player must play as SG and sixth man off the bench. After watching Joe play Isiah and I canĀ“t believe that Stuckey is our starting point guard for a serious project.

The transfer of Affalo is the worst action looking to the future, but no one could expect the injury to Hamilton, Gordon and Tay. At least the team is struggling despite the limited variety pistons offense without Rip and Tay. Villanueva and the pick and roll to our outside players are saving games now.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Maybe we should start a poll on who thinks Stuckey won't be a good PG in the next couple years.
    Might be an interesting excersize in player evals.
  19. pass99

20. pass99

Let us hope that JD (some doubts concerning the favorites) does not enter that contest: my skirt is shorter than yours and I have great hall-of-fame legs.