Stuckey out six weeks

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Oct 25, 2007.

1. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

detnews.com has the update

2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I can't recall if he ever crosses over and uses his left hand to dribble or not during his drives to the hoop, but if he does, it may take him awhile to adjust depending on when the cast comes off and if he is tentative in using it. If the break had been to his shooting hand I know Joe, Flip and Arnie would probably bring him back cautiously. Coming back that first week of December and actually contributing would be nice though, but once again remember who the coach is...

4. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Maybe this will keep him from hitting the 'rookie wall' ????

Least it's not his shooting hand and it happened in the preseason...

5. buddahfan

I think Flip is becoming a member of the Hot Rod fan club.

Unbelievable meaning that Flip didn't think Hot Rod could play that good.

or

Unbelievable meaning that Flips was saying how fantastic Hot Rod was playing out there.

or

Maybe both or maybe neither. LOL

Rookie Stuckey breaks his hand

6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    At least there is a timeframe now. Hopefully Arnie can work his magic.
    I'm bummed - going to the game in November, now now Stuckey.
    :yellowprison:

7. doublead

will stuckey get his minutes back when he returns from the injury.i can't stand to see hunter or flip murray backing up billups

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

My thoughts exactly. Going from a college schedule to an NBA schedule is major. Just maybe this ain't really going to hurt much.

One more thought. Stuckey makes us a better team. Without him, the Pistons are going to have to play better to win games. Which means Flip Saunders will have less opportunity to play his pet players. Instead, he will have to put winners out on the court.

9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

He has not been a good shooter or rather not well known for his shooting. After such long break, can this cause him shoot even worse?

10. buddahfan

Shoot man.

You be dissen Hot Rod's shooten.

The man be a baller and a scorer.

:hoops:

11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Thanks, I originally thought nothing of that quote and now I'm wondering if perhaps Flipper had a low opinion of Hot Rod.

:yellowprison:

12. buddahfan

I think his hand being in a splint is a lot more optimistic for a faster recovery than being in a cast, soft or hard.

Inside the Pistons: KRISTA JAHNKE: Stuckey's injury a blow to plans; others will have chance to step up

Surgery Center

13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thank goodness I know where the waiting room is now. I would have gone the wrong way. :)

14. buddahfan

:sherlock::sherlock::sherlock::p_welldone:

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He should get a cast on it and come back and play. Greg Oden like.

16. buddahfan

No way man.

Look what happened to Oden this year. Probably all of those physical maladies resulted from his playing last year with a cast on his hand. LOL

17. buddahfan

I don't know if this is the best Stuckey thread to post this comment on but there are so many Stuckey threads already, (I love it) that this one is as good as the next and my comments to follow actually do relate in a small way to this Thread title.

One of the things about Hot Rod that I have noticed in the media, was before the LVSL he was basically an unknown among the media and probably even a number of NBA teams' executives.

So a lot of the initial comments in the media surrounding him had to do with the fact that he came from a division II (I believe that is the correct identification) level basketball program so that there was a big question about whether his skills could translate successfully to the NBA.

I believe that this was a legitimate concern for people who were not familiar with his background and game, to have about him and his NBA career.

However, during and LVSL people got to actually see him play against other NBA rookies, almost all of whom came from division I programs.

They got see how good and an exciting player that he actually is.

Once the media saw how good and an exciting player that he is then the media hype started. He got voted to the LVSL 1st team, which he deserved, but that fact started to make the media comment on his NBA skills vs other NBA rookies and not his division II background.

Then during the pre-season, for the most part he excelled relative to other rookies in the league. People started to make comments like. "If the draft were held today, Stuckey would go in the top 5".

When Hot Rod broke his hand that accident made the front basketball web page of both Yahoo Sports and ESPN. Here is a guy who has never even played in a regular season NBA game and isn't even going to start this year and his breaking of his hand makes the front web page.

NBA executives and the media like Hot Rods game a lot. They find him skilled and exciting. Even Flip said something very positive about him regarding his play during the last pre-season game. As I recall Flip used the term "unbelievable" and something to the affect that he really had it going regarding Hot Rod's play in that game. That said to the media is media pumping a player.

It will probably take him a few years to reach his peak game and he will have his share of bad games and bad plays along the way, but the more I think about it, the more I think we have not just one star in the making; i.e., AJ, but two stars in the making AJ and Hot Rod.

The media hype around AJ will start after he starts to play regular minutes and people see just how talented a player he is.

It is indeed a very exciting time to be a Pistons fan.

18. doublead

i agree with everything you said buddahfan.

but will this broken hand affect his play when he returns cause i dont know to many players having broken hands besides hot rod and marvin williams of the hawks

19. buddahfan

It seems to me that as a rookie it would be unfair to compare Hot Rod's performance this year to players such as Nash, Davis, Paul, Williams C-Bill etc.

Rather, it seems to me that since Hot Rod will be playing primarily in the #1 that one way to gage his performance this year is to compare him to three other NBA rookies who will also play point guard; i.e., Conley, Law and Crittenton.

I think even with his slight set back he will still be the best rookie point guard in the league this year when the dust settles at the end of the year.

20. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Any way you look at it the future looks bright for the Pistons. Hail to Joe.
    :stirthepot: