Stuckey - PG?/Not PG?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Brap, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It seems like The Franchise and clueless coach Q are still beefing. (This might explain why the Pistons iso Tay so much at the end of games though) From MLive:

Three-pointers: Charlie Villanueva's offensive explosion lifts Detroit Pistons to victory | MLive.com
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm guessing Q either didn't notice the mismatch or he didn't actually agree that it was a mismatch.

Good to know that Stuckey is trying to take the lead though.
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Q realized that there was not enough time on the clock (20 sec or so) for Tay to get a shot off. Tay needs about 30 - 35 sec to get a shot off in the post.

Good coaching here.
  4. Brap

Brap Starter

Loud LOL from me there.
  5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I dont think Stuckey has shown any sort of leadership ability (I dont consider pouting any form of leadership), that would suggest I applaud him for disagreeing with coach Q.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The players never seem to like it when the coach calls time. Tay does the same thing every single time. I mean he doesn't stomp around and cuss, but he drops his shoulders, spreads his arms in frustration, dips his head and sulks back to the bench muttering to himself. Every single time in late game situations.

I think the players don't like Q micro-managing the plays. From the body language it seems to me that they feel like they have a better idea of what to do in crunch time than the coach. The problem is they don't. They had an entire year of knowing better than the coach when you know who was on the sidelines. We all know how that turned out.
  7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I miss you know who's colorful suit collection. I bet the Mens Warehouse does too.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

12 games in and he's had 4 games where he's looked like a PG, 4 games where he's looked like a combo guard and 4 games where he stunk up the joint..........he's right at his avg for last season at about 16ppg, I believe in the law of avg's and I think the verdict is about ready to come in on this dude, Not a PG. Funny it also seems as if most of STuckey's points come from him pushing the ball up coast to coast, that's not a bad thing but it's also evidence that shows he's not very productive in the half court within the confines of the offense.
  9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

And that he's a very poor fit on the team that is consistently the slowest paced team in the league.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

For 2 years he's been trying to get guys to run with him and they look at him like, WHATEVER! Rip, Tay, Monroe, BenW, Gordo, CV, Monroe, Daye, and Maxiel aren't winning ANY track meets anytime soon.
  11. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

trade him to the suns with maxiel for ghill and dragic...
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nah. The Suns are trying to jettison Nash with Dragic as the up-and-coming star-in-waiting. Hmm, doesn't that sound familiar?
  13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Nash to to the Knicks.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

So I'm looking at Stuck's stats this season and so far teh Box Score shows that he hasn't exactly sucked this season. Some things I'd like to see Rodney do as the season progresses:

1. Come out as aggressive in the 3rd quarter as he does in the first. Stuckey usually gets off to strong starts but never seems able to keep it going.

2. Can he get it done in the last 5-6 minutes of the game when defenses tighten up. Rarely does a team allow you to get to the hoop during that time of the game and he has to learn to make the right pass or do like Chauncey used to do and draw a foul.

3. Fight through a screen and get a hand in a shooters face.

4. Better FG and FT %'s, this will boost his average to about 18ppg and help us win more games.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's a ringing endorsement from you, Kgreg.
  16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I can't disagree with any of that. Stuckey gets too passive to a fault, especially to a certain player that carries small luggage is on the floor.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey's eFG% this year on jump shots is .335.

This compares to .418 two seasons ago... and I'm not sure what it was last year... but it had to be above .335.

He reportedly spent the entire off season working on his jump shot. I'm going to just conclude that he is incapable of improving it at this point.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'd just like to say that even though we just lost against Dallas in Dallas, I thought Rodney played a GREAT game. 19 pts on 4/8 shooting. The boxscore says 3 asts but I counted at least 5 good passes that lead to buckets, and he made really good decisions all night long and really competed on the defensive end against Dallas' shooters.
  19. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Who's assisting who? The width of the connections is the amount of assist between the two players during the 09/10-season. In which picture would it be easier to spot the starting PG if the names were removed?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty cool stuff. You can also move the players in the interactive version, for example place Kwame in the center and watch how his interactions looks.

hoopism.com » Blog Archive » Who’s Assisting Who? An Interactive Look at Assists.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Last vs Clev Rodney Stuckey may have played his best PG game ever in a Piston uniform. Now grant it, it was against Clev, but hey you never know what make spark the flame and make the lightbulb go off. Stuckey got his, 24 points on 8/14 fg's and 8/9ft's. He snagged 6 rebs, and dished out 11 asts which could have easily been close to 15 had guys made a few more WIDE OPEN shots, more important than the stats was Stuckey's decision making, he's now throwing the skip pass to the weak side and he's passing the ball on the break, and kicking the ball out to shooters, he's finally making the right plays as a PG. He seems to do well against sub .500 teams, this needs to transfer to better teams and against tougher competition.

Oh and props to the kid, he's at a career high in fg%-44.6% and ft%- 86%, not bad at all he needs to get that FG up to above 45 and ast toatal to above 6.5 and then you'll see this team racking up some W's on the way to the playoffs.