Stuckey Rocks!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Jan 28, 2008.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

As I recall you are correct, however just because we didn't read about it doesn't mean that something wasn't going on that was not in the media.

As I recall there were no rumors about the Tigers looking for a new third basemen and subsequently acquiring Miggy and Dontrelle before the deal happened, except right before the deal was done.

:hoops:
  2. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Someone commented about Billups having energy. I am right now reviewing the Toronto game from January 15. This was toward the start of a bad stretch where we were losing 6 of 9 games. Here is what I saw:

Sheed so so as far as energy. Sheed has no "off" mode. Tay had his moving switch set on "stay." Rip was a step slow. Dyess was used up.

CB was full of energy. Even back then, one thing was going right. Stuck was giving CB lots of rest.

In this game, our rotation for the first half consisted of 8 guys. (I ain't reviewed the 2nd half yet, but memory tells me Afflalo played in the 2nd half of that one. Ok, back to watching more film.)
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

*Knocks on wood*

Had to dig this thread out to mention that Stuckey has hit 39 straight FTs going back to the end of the regular season, and is 20-of-20 in the playoffs.

:hoops:
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I noticed he seemed pretty automatic, but I had no idea that his streak was that long. That is really impressive.

It doesn't really matter if he ends the streak, the important thing is that he is proving to be Chauncey-like from the line.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

if he can get to the charity stripe and is darn near perfect, that means that he has to continue to drive if no one else has the balz to attack superhoward and hope that he gets bailed out on a few. Some refs like the aggressor and could give him the benefit of the doubt....and yes we could use a few more fouls on Howard
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I always have liked the strategy of attacking the other team's dominant big man to induce foul trouble.

Have Sheed use his post moves that involve pumpfakes and draw contact. Same with Dyess. Have Stuckey drive right at him and jump through him. Dare him to take a charge. Force as many tough calls as you can and some will go your way. Heck, even have Ratliff do his flop routine on D too.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree to that.. No way NBA first teamers like Howard, Garnett, Lebron or Kobe should go thru the entire playoffs with out fouling out at all or at least getting into foul trouble unless [STRIKE]the refs [/STRIKE]somebody is protecting them or the opposing team is not attacking or forcing them to play defense (block shots asside)
  9. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

What I don't want to see is him Flopping to try and induce a call. Go strong and try to score and if you get the foul; good. Don't be driving the lane like Rip with no intention of scoring. Go strong and plan on dunking!!!
  10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree. There are times when he seems to be trying to be a little too cute with the ball - too much double clutching, etc.
  11. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

Some of that could be due to the shot blockers we've faced in both series. I've noticed it affect how other Pistons are finishing near the basket, as well.
  12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

My only criticism of Stuck is that he looks terrified to shoot the rock when he's open on the perimeter. He's proven that he can knock down the 20-footer. - He needs to stop freaking-out and SHOOT DAT THANG!
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He just doesn't shoot for a very high percentage yet. His free throw stroke is a good sign. He also seems to be pretty comfortable from that range and a little beyond in the flow of the game.

But at college 3-point range he gets pretty shaky and real 3-point range he's about like Lindsey. I'm sure this will improve over time though.

He's best when he is looking to drive and finish or dish with a FT line jumper to punish the defense for packing the paint.
  14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

His sole focus this year should be learning to run the team.... now that he's starting to get that down, he can spend this summer shooting shooting and shooting...

He's far ahead of way Billiups was after his first season.... the future and potental (dangerous word) look bright.
  15. BallDon'tLie

Didn't he hit a three in game six of the Philly series? Stuck is the best 3-point shooter we've had since Will Blalock!
  16. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

What ever happened to Will Blalock?
  17. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Is he going down that Fenis Dembo road?
  18. BallDon'tLie

19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I can relate to this. He gets up and then what? The finishing aspect is the most difficult, because of so many options. The longer the hang time, the more options. Or in a sense, a lack there of. It is knowing the offensive system and the movement.

I like the way that Nash uses the whole offensive pattern of movements. Outside, then out into a realm of internal movement from the weave, internalizing the zone of the paint.

There is know one who challenges the complexity of closeness. In a sense; it is the weave: the Navajo mesh of completeness.
  20. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer