Stuckey says hes OK

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by copper, Mar 9, 2010.

1. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

darn right!
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Look at those 3 fast break dunks by Tay in the 4th the other night. He was the fastest guy out there.
  3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I don't think that all-perimeter all the time offense is going to cut it without the '04 defense (which we all know is not possible anymore).
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Of course not. The previous comment reminded me that before we traded Chauncey, many people wanted to get rid of him so that young Stuckey would "get his chance to flourish". Now we want to get rid of Rip so that the "young talent can flourish". Danger, Will Robinson!!!!
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, if we get rid of everyone, then Stuckey will shine. And if we get rid of everyone, if he doesn't shine, it is because there isn't enough talent on the floor with him.

Tbh, I think the answer is in the middle. We played our best ball with Chucky Atkins in the lineup and Rip and Tay out. People don't like to hear that, but it is true. A simulation of a real PG on the floor makes Stuckey and everyone else much better.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Top-notch post. :winner_first_h4h:
  7. Brap

Brap Starter

The "we played better under Chucky" idea didn't last all that long. After the initial nice boost he gave us, he has totally stunk up the floor.
  8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Glad I re-found this comment. It points to the core problem and yes, it is with JD. If he was GM and coach, then on-the-fly team changes would be somewhat easier. He has been use to regular gas because his job occupation (Owner's financial ideology) says that you must not draw attention to yourself and all focus starts here. High performance engines need better octane and JD might have become too comfortable in that older car driver seat. We won't even think about aviation gas possibilities.

Get the feeling that JD might be stuck wearing Mr. D's green visor?
    Google Answers: Accountant hats
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

To me, it is still unclear whether Joe D is a great GM or a great executive. He has the business experience to be a great executive. Dave Bing is also showing some of this.

But I'm not sure if the good calls with regard to talent and day-to-day management are his, or the benefit of having a good staff (which is also to his credit).
  10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

In my book, the definitions of GM and Executive are separate , but do overlap to some degree. I like to think as the GM (we of course, will not include ownership which makes a clear day hazy) as the President of the organization and the Executive as more a process oriented type which makes the gears move forward.

Given the above description: how would the group rate JD?