Stuckey to the bench?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by detteam, Jan 18, 2009.

1. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

A In playoffs they matched up against strong teams. Spurs who went on to be champions and Lakers who went to the finals. They played in tough western conference, not the freaking east where u had easy road to ECF( Last year Denver would have finished 4th in the east, and even possibly 2nd if they had eastern conference schedule)

B When AI was traded to denver they were 12 - 9 with Andre Miller. :nod:
    You dont like that tho.

C George Karl is an idiot

2. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Iverson sucks.

3. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

Thanks for the valuable contribution :pound:

4. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

Before Allen went to Denver, it was Carmelo's fault as to why the team couldn't succeed. They considered trading him.

When Allen was in Denver, it was J.R. Smith's fault as to why the team couldn't succeed and was specifically the reason why they lost to the Spurs. They considered trading him.

After Allen left Denver, it was his fault as to why the team couldn't succeed. They did trade him.

All of these accusations were leveled by George Karl. The one constant through each phase of Denver's woes.

Through all of these Allen'slostastephestinksnowandwasneverawinner threads, all I have ever wanted (I can't speak for anyone else) is for people to look at the entire picture.

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

You just added a new word to my vocabulary. :winner_first_h4h:

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I've seen a lot of "Stuckey should be coming off the bench" stuff recently in the chats, etc. But, I think it's a bit short-sighted.

In Wins, Stuckey has attempted 12.8 shots per game.
    In Losses, Stuckey has attempted 9.9 shots per game.

In our 7 game win streak, Stuckey attempted 19.2 shots per game.

And since Rip has come back, he has only shot the ball more than 15 times on one occasion (When he had 30/9/6 against Indy).

It may seem odd to say, but I think our PG needs to be more involved in the offense. Lately he has been almost entirely a bail-out option if the "play" has broken down. He's not really in much of a position to create anything for anyone in this offense unless the shot clock is under 7 seconds and someone hands it off to him. During the win-streak, he was attacking the D instead of waiting to set up the usual play to get someone else the ball on the wing in an iso.

I guess this is the problem of having 3 guards who can score. There is almost always going to be 1 guy who isn't going to be as involved as he should/wants to be.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just want to point out how well splitting up AI and Rip has worked out so far.

In the 9 games since Rip started coming off the bench...

Rip is 63 for 128 from the field with 9 threes and 30 made FT's.

FG%= .492
    eFG = .527 (combines 2's and 3's)
    tS% = .645 (combines 2's, 3's, and FT's)

AI is 46 for 117 from the field with 2 threes and 62 made FT's.

FG%= .393
    eFG = .402
    tS% = .650

So, AI has a pretty miserable shooting percentage, but he is getting fouled at a crazy rate since he's increased his dominance of the ball handling.

Since we have split them up, they are both doing what they do best. And when you consider 3-pointers and free throws, they are both very efficient overall... apart.

8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I couldn't agree more with you man. Stuckey is just way too passive most of the time, and I don't know if it's the coaches telling him to get people involved or if it's just him. We need him to be aggressive, especially when he has a mismatch on him. In yesterdays game, Nash, Richardson and Barbosa all spent time covering Stuck... all happen to be weak defenders too.

When he plays aggressively, the Pistons win. When he doesn't, they lose. Those stats back that up pretty well.

9. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

Why is the comparison with 04-05, when AI went there about a third through 06-07 and played one full season in 07-08?

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The way I see it, he is aggressive until he gets stopped on his drives a few times. His jumper is better, but he still doesn't seem confident looking for it as a first option when the defense won't let him inside. When he starts off strong, he is a very aggressive player though.

11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

He needs to trust that shot though... he can stop on a dime and create space for that jumper as well as anyone in the league. It's a thing of beauty to watch when he's in full flight.