stuckey vs nick young now

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Sep 3, 2007.

1. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

Based on the 5 summer L games

who would you have picked then and now

on draft day-stuckey
    after summer l-stuckey

in my mind joe d made the right choice
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Not to highjack this thread, however, I would have picked DJ Strawberry over both Stuckey and Affalo..........:stirthepot:

I believe he will have a very good year with the Suns........
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

DraftExpress Profile: Rodney Stuckey

:hoops:
  4. Dlev59

Good research Buddah, however, it doesn`t make me change my mind.

I like Stuckey and he brings a lot, he will help the Pistons and have a successful NBA career.

I guess what I really like about Strawberry is what he brings defensively. We hear about all the comparisons between Stuckey and Dumars, the comparison could aslo be made with Strawberry, on the defensive end.

Well, all of this is nothing but our opinions, bring on the season then we will see for ourselves!
  5. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

In the moments before the pick, I was leaning towards Young, but the first couple of summer league games convinced me we had our guy in Stuckey.

I guess the Strawberry thing comes down to how fast these guys climb that learning curve. I am always leary of a guard who comes into the league without a shot....almost as much as a guard who needs to improve his handle. Either way, it takes a few years for a guard to develop into a complete player and given the choice - I think Stuckeys handles are a lot more NBA ready than Strawberry's J.
  6. Dlev59

Every rookie needs to work on something coming into the league. I wouldn`t worry too much about Srawberry`s J. His NBA forte will not be built around his J. He can do other things well, like play defense. As long as he can do that, there will always be a place for him in the league.

I remember another guard who came into the league without a J, he too did other things well. He went by the name Ason Kidd, because he didn`t have a "J"

Now, I am not comparing DJ Strawberry to Jason Kidd, please don`t accuse me of doing so.
  7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Too many young kids. I like what we got but DJ does look interesting.

From the summerleague reviews across the internet its Stuckey hands down. I'm sure Young will look sexier earlier on but I am very happy with this pick
  8. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Nick Young is a better 3-point shooter, Rodney has a better midrange game. Young is more athletic, Stuckey is more under control. Strawberry is a small, defensive forward who can't dribble well on offense. He can't shoot. Rodney is also not a headcase, and seems more consistent. I'd prefer them in this order . . Stuckey, Strawberry, Young. Nick Young seems more annoying than Tyrus Thomas.