Stuckey's dissapointing me at the two...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jan 1, 2012.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Believe it or not, I actually thought that Stuckey might work out at the two next to a true point guard like Brandon Knight. I never - ever - thought he was going to work out as a point guard (lacked the brains/court-sense/vision/etc.). But I must admit that I was still holding on to the hope that he could become some sort of a driving machine as an off-guard.

So far, so bad. I don't remember ever seeing him turn the ball over this much en route to the hole.....his shot appears to have regressed.....he still hasn't taken that FIRST step towards becoming even an average defender (with his size/strength/speed combo, that's sad).....Ben Gordon's starting to look like the old Ben Gordon now that Rip's gone.....and, on top of all that two-guard business, I think we'd be much better off with Willy-B getting Rodney's minutes at point guard.

I've pulled a quick 180 (hope I pull another before the season's over). The guy looks like trade bait to me.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In spite of the four turnovers today, he delivered 7 assists, to go with his 15 pts and 7 boards. If he could do that everynight and drop the turns down to 2 or less, I may be happy with giving him 30 mins a night.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tonight (vs Indiana) was Stuckey's best game, it's 1 game. But he looks slower, he seems to have gained the weight back that he shed last season; he's also lacking hops. Grant it, there was essentially no training camp and he pretty much missed the mini-camp they had due to contract negotiations. With all that said, I think Stuck can duplicate tonight's effort. He hit his avg of 15ppg, his ast avg is 5 and I think he can get about 4.5rpg. So all in all tonight's performance was Super for the Super Collider and as he gets into shape I think he can deliver it on a consistent basis.
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Can't say I've seen him playing a whole lot more 2 than he has in previous seasons.

He's all PG when he's in with Gordon, and when he's in with Knight, they seem to split duties.
  5. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

I should've been more clear about what I was trying to get at...

I basically used to view him as our starting two guard of the future. I thought Gordon was trade bait. Now I've flip-flopped.

Gordon's biggest knock is that he can't play defense. Stuckey's knocks are that he can't shoot from outside with any consistency...he's not really developing into the "attack the rim" stud we all hoped he would...and he still sucks on D to boot, really not much better than Gordon, remarkably.

I now see the guy as a bench player in our future, or as a traded player in our past.

That's all.
  6. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

He played yesterday his best game as a whole team was fantastic to see our team values ​​reflected on the court. Despite the obvious imbalance between perimeter and inside game, the Pistons played with intensity, covered the area to minimize its flaws, did a smart game and ran our speed advantage.
    Monroe, Rodney Jonas and his energy infected the rest of the team and the team gave up as we like Detroit, the best game in a long time, but our offense and defense will fall to start the fourth quarter were higher than Indian, I hope this frank is the attitude that wants to impose on the costumes, so we will win games this year, following the ring win or not, are the pistons of the fans always want to see.
    Happy new year,pistons fans around the globe and michigan.
  7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

for "trade baits" we have to wait for some years. Take it easy , this team isn't going anywhere, only to pick several top 3 players; essentially CV; BG and Super Colliders contract are fillers through the rebuilding process. And these expiring and very expensve contracts will be very juicy trade baits. By this time at best Pistons have some top3 very promising picks and it is time to repeat "Sheed trade" - expiring contracts for veteran star.
    Slippy likes this.
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You make some great points, Rax. There is no one quick-fix that will get the Pistons franchise back to the promised land. It's going to take time. It certainly can happen as long as Dumars has a roadmap and does not make any more major mistakes.
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

As promising as Knight is, he's still acclimating himself to the NBA game and learning to run a team. Stuckey is still better. Going all Super Collider in game one was disappointing but Knight is getting his minutes and experience without all the pressure of having to carry a crap team on his shoulders every night.