Stucky or Hunter?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Stucky or Hunter?

1. Stucky

68.2%
  2. Hunter

31.8%
  1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Did you mean to say than Joe D? Flip would be back to playing Jr and Lindsey long time ago.
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

No.

:hoops:
  3. mikhail1973

You don't think Joe has a hand in this?
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Right now, Stuckey is bringing the same offensive production that Hunter gave us last season...NONE... I mean it will come...but when? Our offense actually bogs down when he comes in. Flip and Joe are being patient here surprisingly.

One thing you can count on with Stuckey...he will have at least one bad passing turnover, will get stuffed trying a layup and will have at least 2 silly fouls. I say let it play out until the all star break and see if he can get out of this January slump. If not we might have to give # 6 some burn ...if he is still with us then.
  5. buddahfan

We are talking about different things.

Joe D. is being very patient with Stuckey, whereas Flipper was not and a few posters here are not just like Flipper.

6. buddahfan

I say keep playing him and give him 2 more years to see if he can cut it.

7. mikhail1973

Yep. That would be about right.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

From a fundamental standpoint Stuckey just dont get it right now. Usually when it comes to rookies we see the "Flashes", when was the last flash we've seen from Stuckey?? It's not even HIS play that is irking me, it's the play of the team when he's in the game. He (along with Arvis) are singlehandedly destroying the 2nd unit production. Hunter (as old as he is) will at least push the ball when he comes in, Stuckey is so screwed up right know he cant even do that. The poor play of the 2nd unit is leading to more starter minutes and poorer Piston play. To ignore this fact would be naive. I DO NOT WANT TO YANK THE KID, but at some point he has to get a clue. He's not Acie Law with the Hawks- chasing the 8th spot in the playoffs, trying to get the team to .500- this team is trying to win a championship; and right now I have a problem when guys are not playing at a championship level, I'm not excusing or overlooking anyone.
  9. mikhail1973

He needs time to learn. You also have Flip, who is confusing him with his "playbook" and players that played with each other for several years. So anybody new stepping in will stand out like a black sheep. Stuckey still doesn't know the tendencies of the players on the floor. Teams are also packing the middle when he is in the game and his jump shot hasn't been consistently falling. And being a rookie he gets no calls when he's around the basket to boot.
    He will get better, he just needs time.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

True but we are not in "rebuild" mode. Heck it took Billups 4 years to learn the point position, what, we gonna wait that long for Stuckey too??
    True. Yet Flip feels playing him with starters is the best thing to do, ironic isn't it.
    False. He doesn't see the floor well, there are often times driving lanes available but he panics and jacks up that ugly J of his.
    TRUE, but when was it falling.
    Hasn't seemed to bother AA, he gets no respect either, but he manages to finish pretty good most of the time.
    TRUE. But how much Time does he deserve, do you really want to bet the bank ('ship) on a struggling rookie??
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's definitely sucking. But the beautiful thing is that we have 2 other vets who can play the PG spot. Murray and Lindsey don't need much warming up. We can integrate them in the last 25% of the season if need be. In the meantime, Stuckey should be given minutes so that he can figure it out. I hope they are working on his J in practice, because that seems like his biggest problem to me. They just aren't respecting it.
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

cmon now - people said they would sacrifice games to develop the new guys, and now you're going to complain when they're getting burn AND we're winning???? stuckey has played EIGHTEEN nba games in his career, cut him some slack.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think we're on the same page.

But let's be honest, he's looking pretty shaky. 14% on threes and 32% overall is worse than Sheed would average left-handed.

After seeing Stuck in the pre-season, I had my hopes set on him being a lot more dangerous off the bat. I really hope he figures it out, but it is entirely possible that he won't by the time the Playoffs roll around. Even if he does get comfortable, the Playoffs are a different animal. If the other team actually thinks about how to play him, he will probably feel like he is playing against a brick wall when he tries to penetrate.

If I were Joe, I'd probably hang on to Murray just in case Stuck can't get playoff ready and Lindsey turns and ankle.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I have no problem watching the up and down play of AA and Max. Both make mistakes, both are inconsistent, however both make positive contributions with regularity and both have clearly displayed that they can play at this level, leaving those 2 on the floor is development, Stuckey on the other hand........
    If it weren't the PG position I'd feel alot different, he's so shell shocked right now, I almost think he'd do better playing a week in the D-League....ALMOST. Again, the team is ALWAYS in the negative when he's running the point, I mean for crying out loud I feel more comfortable with Rip running the offense than Stuck and we all know Rip @ PG is a train wreck waiting to happen.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The amazing thing to me is that our 4th string point guard had a 15 point, 12 assist, 6 rebound game this year when he played 40 minutes? That's depth.
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i understand what you're saying KGREG, but if he doesn't figure it out by the playoffs, hunter and murray aren't terrible options at the point. chauncey is getting a lot more rest this year and you can tell in his play. even if stuckey contributes nothing in the playoffs, chauncey will at least have gotten more rest in the regular season AND we'll have developed a young player in the process.