1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Suns/Spurs Series

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, May 6, 2007.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Amare & Diaw are out for 1 game...Horry got 2. Hurt the Suns worse than the Spurs??? :bs:

2. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Here's a short AP article on ESPN.

The league is going to have to fix their suspension policies, because they've really painted themselves into a corner. In this case, they have to automatically suspend Stoudemire and Diaw, even though Horry was the instigator. So what do they do? They suspend Horry for two games for a relatively mild cheap shot that would not be deserving of a two-game suspension in any other situation. It's pretty weak as a make-up though: the Spurs could lose Horry for the rest of the playoffs and it still wouldn't be as big a blow as the Suns missing Amare for even one game.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire and teammate Boris Diaw were suspended Tuesday for one game for leaving the bench after Robert Horry's flagrant foul of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the Suns' Western Conference semifinal against San Antonio.

The NBA also announced Horry was suspended for two games for knocking Nash into the scorer's table with 18 seconds remaining in the Suns' 104-98 victory at San Antonio on Monday night. Phoenix's victory evened the series at 2-2.

Stoudemire, Diaw suspended for 1 game; Horry for 2 - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    This is the NBA at its finest. I bet Stern is biting his nails now hoping that Suns can pull off a miracle.

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Speaking of our boy Stern, this is my favourite part of the article on espn.com

:pound::pound::pound: What's the matter Sterny, afraid of the fan reaction?

ESPN.com - NBA/PLAYOFFS2007 - Amare, Diaw suspended one game; Horry gets 2

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, Amare and Boris' stupidity hurts the Suns worse. Could cost 'em the series. It will take Herculean efforts from the real MVP (Nash) and Weird Shot Marion to pull this off. The Spurs can compensate for the loss of Horry.

7. mikhail1973

An interesting look at it all from mysanantonio.com:
    MySA.com: Buck Harvey

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm posting this for AURORA but everyone can enjoy. Except AHB and BSA. :)

whackahorry

9. detteam

detteam All-Star

That's a tough game to play with a touch pad :pound:

10. roscoe36

That coward David Stern cancelled his appearance at tonight's Suns game to go to Cleveland instead.

It's too bad he's so gutless that he won't face his customers after depriving their team of not only 2 of their best players, but perhaps an opportunity to win this series.

Shame on him.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stern showed his true colors on the Dan Patrick show this morning on ESPN. They have aired it couple of times on ESPN news. He and Dan should meet at Madison Square garden with gloves.

Dan tried to tell him that this supensions could affect the outcome of the series, but of course Stern yelled back defending his offices' actions.

Sorry I don't have the audio link.

12. roscoe36

Apparently it is available to ESPN Insiders.

13. mikhail1973

This is very discouraging to us, fans. This is just saying that they don't care about the main customer. And this is coming down to the NBA conspiracy theories that this system is rigged.

14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Anybody out there watching this game? I can't even watch it. I think I'm getting to be far too emotional about basketball after 3 years of being a fan. There are just some games I can't watch because it upsets me too much. This is one of them. Talk about neurotic. I have this Game 5 Suns/Spurs on three tvs in the house where I am dogsitting. I am hiding from the game on Pf.com.

Yeah yeah I know the Suns are ahead by alot. But I ask myself how long can that last without Stoudemire and Diaw. I mean Diaw is the Stoudemire backup for crying out loud. I hear all the loud booring and cheering from where I sit right now, and I go sneak a peak at the score once in a while. I watched the whole Pistons/Spurs Finals series this way two years ago. I recorded all the games and watched them after the game was over. Couldn't handle the real time intensity of it all. LOL.

Anyway I just want to say, and this is HIGHLY partisan, that if the League does impact the refs for these games in the Playoffs, that this is an instance where the very second Stern suspended Stoudemire and Diaw, he should have picked up the phone to that ref guy and let him know which way the officiating should lean in this Game 5. Rules were made to be broken, or at least twisted.

Roscoe! I love the Horry game. But I'm horrible at it. Hand/eye coordination is not my strength. It is very funny though. Thanks for thinking me. It made me laugh very hard. I haven't forgotten how Horry's Big 3 made Sheed an escape goat a while back either. LOL.

My nickname (more because they ruined our back to back 2 years ago) for the Spurs is Those Dastardly Spurs (usually spoken with a grudging respect). My sister called me yesterday. "Hon, I just saw ESPN news. They really ARE the Dastardly Spurs! ) LOL.

Oh my God. It's only 13 points ahead, 4 minutes left in first half. That's hardly a convincing lead when it comes to The Dastardly but Extremely Competent Spurs. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHHHh. I'm a mess.

15. ggazoo69

Oh, you just knew the Spurs were gonna win this thing. Not enough offense from the Suns down the stretch, ultimately. San Antonio is just the toughest team, mentally, in the Association. Much tougher than our Pistons, too. Obviously, no Amare or Diaw was a huge factor. Kudos to Kurt Thomas for a well-played game and valiant effort.

Stern probably never steps foot in PHX again.

16. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

How depressing. 88-85 Spurs. Not surprising I guess with the Stoudemire/Diaw suspensions. All the games have ended pretty closely except the second one. The Suns did great with the short lineup they had to work with and they got my hopes up by being 3-10 points up most of the game. Ran out of gas at about the same time that San Antonio discovered their outside shot again.

I really wanted Steve Nash to make it to the Finals this year. I'm depressed. Close games are so excruciating. Three points! And unless they can win two games in a row, Phoenix once again won't be going to the Finals. Boo.

17. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Just got to hand it to the Spurs for winning a very tough game even with the Suns short handed. The Spurs have a worse back-up guard situation than we do. Jacque Vaughn would have a hard time being a star in the NBDL and Beno is deeper in the doghouse than Scoopy Doo. I'm mystified why Jalen Rose never gets a chance to play much in the playoffs? Surely his leadership and smarts count for something? Was the only reason Phoenix picked him up was to keep him away from other Western conference teams?

This series is not over by a long shot and the Suns are resilent but the Spurs know how to close out a series so I hope the Pistons are paying attention.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Jazz were the only team to win game 5 at home, as Suns, Cavs and Pistons all lose game 5 at home and are forced to play a game six on the road.

Cavs and Pistons can close out on the road, but the Suns have to stay alive to get back home to try to salvage a game 7 victory.

With all the criticizing of Stern, he was probably hoping the Suns would win tonights game, but now they are down 3-2 due to the Suns failure to have a "cut" man to stop Nash 's bloody nose in game 1 and then having two key players sitting out game 5 due to the controversial suspensions.

Spurs are getting breaks winning these close ones..

19. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

watched the 4th quarter on and I think the officiating was very fair.. for once..lol gj nba got one right..

20. ggazoo69

San Antonio is the Notre Dame of the NBA this series. :pound: