SUPER BOWL call your shot...

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Feb 2, 2006.

?

Big Game...call your shot...

Poll closed Feb 4, 2006.
  1. Steelers

80.0%
  2. Sea Hawks

30.0%
  3. close game

50.0%
  4. blowout...10 point diff.

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

IMO this game should be still playing...The refs took 7 from the Seattle in the first qtr on a ticky tack call and then gave 7 to the Steelers on the Ben R phanthom TD. Only thing that crossed the goal line was his helmet. Was is the same ref thsat called both plays?? If so he should never ref a game again.

Granted the 76 TD run by Parker and the flea flicker by Randay El to Ward were good legitimate scores, but that was the only 14 points they scored.

Meahwhile, another bad holding call negates a pass to the 3 yard line by the Seahawks.

The refs handed this one to the Steelers as they were not impressive in this game. The scores is 14-14 and we should be waiting for the nexy series of downs. The commercials were bad too.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree that the calls were a little bad, but you gotta figure Pittsburg was gonna blast that one in from the 1 inch line on 4th down anyway. You at least have to give them 3 points for the 17 yard field goal they would have had.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

OK I will give them those three points...but now let's go back to the bad holding call on the Seahawks that negated the pass to the 3 yard line and the next play is an interception??? So we are either 17-17-or 21-17 Seahawks...

I know a lot of what ifs, but that is what sports is about: Who gets the breaks and who capitalizes on them. The refs should not be the deciding factor when you got bookies out there betting on what the team does on the field, not how the zebras will affect the outcome of the game.

I wasn't rooting for either team, but when 2-3 obvious bad calls are called against the so called underdog, you gotta think that about who was paying the refs.....

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Let me guess Dre, you had money on the Hawks. BRoth crossed the goal line while in mid air, TD. What about Hawk clock management, I'll tell you, it stank!

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree that the ball looked like it crossed the goal line as he was in the air. And I was strongly rooting for the Hawks. Also, Bettis would have for sure punched it in on 4th down.

The holding calls were tough. But, were they called before the play turned into a big play? If so, then that would strongly negate the fix charge.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Fix the SB, that's a movie plot.
    Hey G/ I got your script!

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

if those weak calls were not called who knows who would have won. the refs might of not helped the seahawks, but if the game was reffed good you couldn't know for sure if the seahawks would win.

8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The refs sure blew several calls that should have gone the Seahawks way, but Seattle STILL had plenty of opportunities to win this game DESPITE all of the bad calls.

I don't think you can say the refs cost the Seahawks this game - although they sure tried, and definately didn't help their cause. But this loss is all on Seattle. Dropped passes, poor clock management, untimely (legit) penalties.

This game was theirs for the taking, but they just couldn't "get er done".