Sweep the deck, dump the vets

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by detteam, Apr 24, 2009.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Maybe I shoulda saved this thread for a couple more days...but I'm very PO'd today.

It's pretty obvious Sheed has little interest in Detroit basketball anymore...or maybe basketball, period.

Tayshaun seems pretty content with his NBA title, Olympic gold & $12M per year.

Rip is one dimensional, takes out his frustrations histrionically, and probably couldn't handle being the only guy left from the core.

I wish McDyess the best of luck in finding a team that will appreciate his heart & effort next year...and I hope he gets a ring.

I'm done with this group. Time to move forward.
  2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yes...u could have waited until the end of the game.....lol
  3. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Hopefully...Joe sees it this way.
  4. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

+1 .
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wouldn't judge Tay by his last 3 games. The guy is obviously fighting through some pain. At least he is showing up and trying.

He's still young. But the number of games that his underweight body has endured over the past 6 years is enormous.

The only way I'd be cool with losing Tay would be if we get a brickhouse like Artest, who is better able to body up the Lebrons of the league.

If we do a retool and still have a playoff team next year, Tay's leadership and versatility will be very helpful.

I feel the same way about Rip. He's a Reggie Miller type I believe and will continue bouncing around and doing his thing for years.

But Sheed has no bounce left. He isn't playing the right way. Dyess shouldn't be starting (and was actually content with a bench role).

Kwame is servicable.
  6. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kwame is showing some great fight in this Cavs series. With a little coaching, and a shot at being the number one 5, I'd like to see what he can do. It appears that he wants to continue to learn, and play hard. Lets give em a chance.
  7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I agree. Curry has dogged him. I think he can become a very good reserve.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

For 2 and a half games, he started along side Amir. Dyess was out with rib injuries. Sheed had a foot problem. We beat NJ in the game Sheed got injured in, and then beat Sacramento and the Clips. Not that impressive I guess, but NJ beat us soon after.

What a crazy concept. Start a center at center. A true center, and one that can move well for his size. And then start a power forward along side him. No, that can never work. Not as long as Dumars is in charge. Nothing that makes any sense is allowed anymore.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dett, they're all gone. If JD will trade his best player, and we all know CB was as well as JD, it's just a matter of time. I doubt it's one for one moves. But some slick crafting by JD. Then pop a cap in you know who and back to the ECF we go. Bron aint going anywhere.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

Possibly, enough that he'll get a bit more somewhere else.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Is Kwame auditioning for another team with he intention of not taking his player option for next year? Or does he think that with (possibly) Sheed gone, the starting center spot is his for the taking?
  12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I don't think so actually. Kwame is making 6 million... and a lot of teams will be shedding salary next year. I don't think Kwame would risk opting out of his contract.
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Kwame got $4M this season and has a player option for $4M next season...as far as I know...?
  14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think that's right.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

And all logic would indicate that Kwame will exercise that option.

Maybe next year he will get heavy minutes as our starting C, and he can finally put up some stats. That should mean that he will get a better offer for 2011.
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

kwame + amir to NO for chandler. they save $5 million a year, we get better without taking on a whole lot more salary.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

When I read about moves like this I wonder if the goal is to get back to the ECF or win it all?

A move like this would improve the Pistons rebounding and D some, but they will still be stuck on the strong side of the floor when they go against a good D.

To me, the shots that Joe Smith, Z, Delonte West and Mo Willaims are hitting are the same shots that KG, Perkins, Posey and House or Gibson, Pavlovich, Z and Gooden or Haslem, Posey, Antoine Walker were hitting.

DET needs to bring weak side help against all these teams while they all played the Pistons straight up.
  18. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At this point, I'd think trying to dump Max's contract is a priority over getting rid of Amir, just due to the fact that Amirs minimal contract is up at the end of next year.

Lee is right on with pairing an actual power forward with Kwame (an athletic power forward would be optimal). Maybe Kwame is starting to come into his own at the young age of 27 years old. 7 years in the league, fairly healthy career, yet hasnt logged a Tayshaun Prince amount of minutes. We could only be lucky enough for him to exercise his team option and stick around. 4.1 mil is a fair price for 12 n 7 center with size.