T-Mac at odds with Houston coach

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Winless Wonders, Nov 20, 2009.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

OK I'm listening

You got the wheels-a-turnin' in the head of the of Mad Trader!

Ok, OK, Max and Weezy are hard to move, Kwame's $4M expiring is a little easier.

So here's what I've come up with
    # teams Hou, Det, Minn
    1. Houston sends T-Mac to Det for Rip, Kwame, and Mark Blount. Blount and Kwame represent $12M worth of expiring contracts. So essentially this becomes a T-Mac for Rip trade.
    2. Minn sends Mark Blounts expiring $8M contract to Houston for Jason Maxiel and a pick from Det.- This is the hard sell because Minn is really anticipating using their cap space they have next summer to make a move.
    3. Det sends Rip, Kwame, Maxiel, and a pick to Hou and Minn for T-Macs expiring $23M contract.
    RealGM: Trade Checker

Well Merc is that what you sort of had in mind? This deal shaves $17M off our payroll this summer. If you really want to get bold, try this one too:
    RealGM: Trade Checker

PG:Stuck / Will
    SG:T-Mac / Bengo
    SF: Daye / JJ / Summers
    PF: CV / Wilcox / Summers / JJ
    C: Okafor / BenW
  2. max

max All-Star

Sounds kind of illegal like insurance fraud.
  3. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

It always depresses me when I think about T-Mac's career. He used to be in the next great conversation with Kobe, now he's in the biggest cancer conversation with Allen Iverson. Houston's team is built so well, I can't see it working there unless he changes his style of play. Or at least decides to drive to the rim every once in a while.

Not to sold on the idea of bringing him here either. I think we should avoid the big name expiring contract player for a long time now. Didn't work out so well the last time.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Essentially trading Chauncey for Villan and Gordon is a pretty good deal IMO. I think that the scale will tip in the Pistons' favor in a year or so.
  5. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

In the long run, you're right. But last season was a pain to watch. I still think BG and Villanueva's contracts were risks (however calculated they may be), and that adding more contracts like that wouldn't be a good model. And Detroit has never been a team that grabbed major free agents. It could work out, I'm just hesitant to advocate for it.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Big name expiring contract worked great. We just shouldn't have bothered trying to actually play AI when we could have bought him out immediately.

Also, with the cap space created, it would have been nice if we would have gone after positions that we needed. If there were no avaiable FA's that year in those positions, then maybe we shouldn't have created all the spending power at that point.
  7. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

The team is playing decent without Rip and Tay, I like the idea of trading them for T-Mac, but it seems unlikely that Joe would do it, he already said he has no intention of trading Prince.

I for one would like to see this done, T-Mac seems eager to play, a line-up of Stuck/Bengo/T-Mac/CV/Wallace looks great on paper, Bynum and rookies would get a lot of playing time too. It would be a fun season and the prospect of having 17 mil to spend next summer sounds great.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well in the case of CV, we didn't have a PF, and truthfully we could use another one.
    Going into the season we had 1 aging proven SG. Now we have 3, BG, Rip and Stuck. However that depth allows us to make a trade to get a player that we need at a certain position (PG), and trading is indeed one of the things Joe does pretty well. So I kinda disagree I think you get a really good player when you can and then start moving guys like chess pieces.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Great avatar! I agree with you too. Get TMac and either play him or buy him out. Either would be fine. Instead of having to trade for a good player, we can just buy them.
  10. max

max All-Star

Great points. Grab the talent when you can.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ryder, that is a very cool avatar. I never thought about doing it with using the same background color like that.
  12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

No, he's more like mano.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't get the avatar, when did Rodney Stuckey have a picked out fro? He is ripped though.