Take Matters Into Our Own Hands

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by MainManJoeD, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

shhhhh. Cut the Unko Dabunkalogo chatter you guys. I can see it now:

Joe D.: Mornin' Mr. D.

Mr. D: Good Morning Joe. What have we got today?

Joe D: Well, the spin seems to be working OK, but you have the usual suspects questioning things. PF.com is bad for business.

Mr. D. : Damn those free thinkers. Send in Mccoskey, damnit.

Joe D. Yessir. I'll tell him to get in here as soon as he finishes washing your limo and shining my shoes.

Mr. D : You're a good person Joe

Joe D. : I try Mr. D.

Mr. D.: So what are we going to do with the team, Joe?

Joe D.: Well, sir...I know the last time we did something like I'm planning, it kinda...sorta...well, you know. It backfired.

Mr. D: Dorko?

Joe D : Darko.

Mr. D: Oh yeah. Hey, Joe, hand me my windbreaker. I got a sudden chill.

Joe D. The Green one?

Mr. D.: Yeah, I love green. I can't believe that tall colored guy with the big fro' tried to take some of my money.

Joe D. : Uh, right. Anyhow, about Darko...

Mr. D: Not your fault Joe. You are a good person. Larry Brown is to blame.

Joe D. Sir...there is this new guy I heard of. I can't remember where but the possibilities are intriguing.

Mr. D. Tell me.

Joe D. : His name is Unko Dabunkalogo.

Mr. D.: Uncle who? I'm not big on family. The fro guy's brother...

Joe D. : Sir?

Mr. D: oh yes...McCoskey

Joe D: No Mr D. Unko.

Mr. D: Ohhhhh...yes. Go on.

Joe D: Well, we have that high Orlando pick

Mr. D: How much does the guy want?

Joe D: I dunno. I think we can get him for cheap. He's from some country I never heard of. I dunno if he can play, but I hear he has potential.

Mr. D.: We gotta keep those seats filled Joe.

Joe D.: I'll make the Kool aid.

Mr. D: You're a good person Joe. There is going to be a nice windbreaker in your Christmas bonus.

Joe D. Thank you sir. I'd better be off. Flip is in the hospital having surgery

Mr. D. : Is it bad? How far is that finger embedded in his nose?

Joe D. : Not as bad as the one that was embedded in his a...

Mr. D: OK, see you later Joe. I'm going to go to the vault to count my money. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Joe D. Enjoy, sir.

Mr. D.: Lemme know what happens with your Uncle, Joe. If the price is right, we'll give him a tryout. What's a draft pick, anyhow? It's free after all. He can't be any worse than the bald guy's brother.

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

3. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Did you see what Chad Ford wrote about this guy? Something about the most unbelievably spectacular closed-door workout session in the history of the known galaxy. Just Unko, a ball, and a bunch of bball experts watching in stunned silence as he did his dazzling closed-door workout session thing. Skills like that are absolutely guaranteed to translate into superstardom in the NBA. If you pass him up you will live to regret it.

4. linwood

linwood All-Star

Please stop. I'm serious. You guys need to knock off the Unko talk. Shine's gonna come in here and read it... then he'll tip Larry Bird off and we'll lose Dabunkalogo. And I for one can't stand to lose anymore franchise players.
    :mad:

5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i'm sorry but it wasn't even near being "everyone" that wanted to see the young guys get time.

the win now club went way overboard saying the bench guys couldn't play at all. now that those guys are on other teams providing impact off the bench we are scrambling for some other teams unwanted center and anybody else's journeyman point guard. oh yeah and we didn't win the championship by only playing the people that "earned it".

cloudwalker is right. we traded the wrong guy this year.

6. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Point to bballjay.

Game, set, and match to DarthTater.:pound:

7. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

The "Win Now" club stands behind those assertions. Our bench wasn't sheet...that's why Joe got the broom out first thing. When you say "those guys" you really mean just Darko and Delfino, don't ya? Arroyo is just to keep the Muppets on the Darko bandwagon.

In hindsight, Joe's biggest mistake BY FAR was wasting yet another lottery pick on Darko. Delfino couldn't out shoot Ben at the FT line. And he's a guard! Neither could Carlos beat out the guy who was given away for Check Sam or whoever the hell he is. As somebody already pointed out they ought to name a stretch of I-75 in Orlando after Arroyo cause he get's driven on so much.

In any event; you, Lee and 16 outta be the happiest fans around cause the "Win Later" club may be in session next season. You got your wish. A bunch of fresh blood youngsters you can drool over right up untill our second round exit. Are you guys gonna form a fan club for Check Sam, a 7-1 slender athletic center who comes from a "war torn" (or something like that) country? Or was that honor reserved strictley for YKW?

8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Senegal isn't war-torn by any reasonable stretch of the imagination.

The point was awarded, and the decision cannot be changed, even if the "win-now" club (with occasional contributions from merc's America-first club) weren't digging yourself an even bigger hole. Of course, the point was awarded in large part because bbj was so vague; had he mentioned that lazy POS Milicic, it's unlikely the matter would have been resolved (the just-because-you're-wrong-doesn't-mean-he's-right corollary). The "win-now" club definitively lost on the matters of Evans, Delfino, Maxiell, and Davis. I still maintain that Arroyo wasn't any worse defensively than Billups, just stupider with regards to reaching in after the blow-by, and possessed of an ego almost the match of Mr. Big Head's.

Enjoy continuing your arguments, but the point has been awarded.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Bball Jay I'll say you were right if we see Rasheed post up a lot this season, but until then:tape2:. I remember you said the reason Sheed dosn't post was because Ben's man would come to double. We don't have Ben now so if I don't see Sheed start posting you were not right, but wrong.

10. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We will be okay as long as Joe doesn't trade any of our future picks. 2 coming next year, hopefully this won't change by next June.

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah Bball it was pretty much everyone. You just kept neurotically harping on it like you just discovered the cure for cancer or something. I guess that made you feel special..