Tank the rest of the season. It is the only way to a bright future.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Winless Wonders, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

It is clear we are not a contender. What is the point of limping into the 7th or 8th seed to get demolished by Boston or Cleveland in 4 games?

I say we waive McDyess let him go and compete with a contender. It is not fair to ask him to go out there and give his all on the floor while his team mates could careless and we have an incompetent coach in Curry that can't coach his way out of a brown paper bag.

We need to get in the lottery and try to get us a big man like Blake Griffin to build around. Let's be real. Next season what will this team have to look forward to with no Sheed and no AI? We will have holes upfront with no Center and no Power Foward. Who are we going to get to fill that gap? Are we goingto over pay for David Lee? Are we going to over pay for a injury prone Boozer?

We are screwed unless we get a top 10 lottery pick. No superstar will come here if we are losing and in disarray. So I say tank the rest of the season and then in the lottery we do whatever we have trade up in the draft, buy draft picks, or ship a guy out of here to to secure a big man in the draft that we can build around for the next 10 years.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Why do you say that?
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

without looking at your other points, i think people seriously overestimate the correlation between how good a team is and having a free agent choose to sign here. money talks...especially in this economy where it's going to be difficult for players to get the kind of $ they got before.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

What makes you think Joe D. is going to be offering big bucks in a bad economy with tight wad Bill Davidson holding the purse strings tight?
    No telling what will happen in 2 years when 2010 gets here. To be honest would you take less to come here or go to Chicago or New York where you can make the money up in endorsements? Cheap young talent is our only answer. i.e.. See Portland
  5. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Cause we aren't. We are not contending to go far in the playoffs. We have nothing to contend for other than losing in the ECF (and we won't make it that far). We don't even know what the word contend means this season. As contenders (in the past), we looked good during the season with some occasions to look bad or horrible. This year we look like we are just rocks that have been dropped off a cliff. That's why we are not contenders.
  6. max

max All-Star

When has he ever said no purely on the basis of money? Just because the guy does not want to lose money on the team does not mean he is cheap. I think this is one of the largest misconceptions of Davison. They have paid lux tax before.
  7. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

Never, never ever... tank; especially when you still have a quality organization that's a little wobbly right now.

Might do some good to get some of that stubbornness out of JD.
  8. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

1st, Dyess had his chance to play with a conteder. We traded Chauncey AND Dyess for AI, remember? Great deal by the way!

2nd, replace AI's 18 per and Sheeds 13 per with better clubhouse influence (not to mention a real coach) and I can see how we'd be better. Sheed just hasn't been the same these past few years. His #s have been on steady decline and he seems to jack up more and more 3s by the game.

:shout: