Tay - All grown up

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, May 18, 2007.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

You will never be cute Roscoe. Not even if you have a sex change.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i was in favor of it if only to promote bench productivity. tay could be that bench leader and be dominant and not the fourth option like he is in the starting unit. ginobli and barbosa come off the bench it doesn't mean they aren't good players.

it's comical that some people think delfino is a scrub. fino is a world championship level player. you don't have to say one guy isn't good to prove that tay is a great.
  4. Mr.Shady

Mr.Shady First Round Draft Pick

Sorry guys for goin off topic, but can somebody please give me the pic addres of the Bull face upside down, with its eyes crossed out?!
    The one that was on the opening page for weeks. Thx a lot
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mr. Shady, you got a private message coming in one minute with the link.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Fact is, I saw something from Tay in the form of swagger and competitive edge last night that I have never seen (from Him) before. It was scary yet beautiful. If you wondered if the Pistons were going to win last night all you had to do was look into the eyes of Tayshaun Prince in the 3rd quarter. I have never seen a more determined look of determination from Tay than in the 2nd half of last nights game. If Tay can maintain that type of intestinal fortitude and focus then he will be able to deliver that type of production for the rest of the playoofs and this team will win another championship, much the same can be said about Sheed; but Tay was in an unprecedented mental zone last night.
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Nothing else really needs to be added to the comments made in this thread about Tay. Witnessing Tay stepping up in a leadership role is very impressive.

When you think about it, he and perhaps Rip are the only veterans on this current squad that will be back next year, for sure. With that in my mind Tay may be thinking, look this may be our last chance together to win this thing, so let`s get it done!!!

Tay`s versatilty in game 6 was awesome. He played some PG, provided excellent D on Deng, and his vocal leadership was crucial in crunch time.

Some may say Prince has traveled this road before - taking over games with his all around play, but never with his leadership skills and in the playoffs.

So let`s just hope he continues with this agressive, play and serious mindset. I say he will........
  8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Amen to that, man.
  9. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I am not stating at all that Delf is not a good player, the contrary is true. However, in my humble opinion is not of starter calibur yet in his young NBA career, especially with this starting line-up. Delf has all of the athletic tools to be a good NBA player but he doesnt possess yet the savoir faire if you will to be a productive, consistent starter.
    I think now we all know that Tay has proven numerous times that he is in his rightful place which is the starting line-up and MAY be our key player when we do eventually go to a youth movement.
  10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, he really got on Dice (I think it was the 3rd Q), when Tay passed to Dice and then he hesitated to shoot a wide open mid range jumper which resulted in a 3 second violation on Sheed. Tay really let him have it.

You can really see Tay maturing and taking a leadership roll on this team.
  11. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Per Chris McCosky:Pistons fill Game 6 with drama

"Five years in the league, five trips to the Eastern Conference finals. How about that? You don't hear as much groaning about the Pistons passing up on Carmelo Anthony these days.
    There is something a little frightening about Tayshaun Prince. He seems to be able to slow things down when the game is at its most frantic and pressurized. Those eight fourth-quarter points, that put-back dunk when he blew by Luol Deng for a rebound, that Kareem sky hook, his flawless decision-making out of the pick-and-roll with Billups -- it was masterful.
    But his best play of the night might have been immediately after Wallace got his technical.
    Quiet, mild-mannered Prince got into Wallace's face and told him, "Not now. This is not the time. We can't let this crowd get back into the game. Not now."
    Wallace listened".

I'm not a fan of Chris but this article was good.
  12. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

My recollection of the exchange between Tay and Sheed became much more powerful with McCoskys words.
  13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

14. jetscreamer

jetscreamer First Round Draft Pick

Well Larry Brown who if not liked is respected would not let this guy off the the court so I believe he felt he was his best player. Not the most talented, not the most athletic, not the most prolific scorer just something intangible. The guy is a winner .....right now the whole Carmelo vs Tay debate is looking less debatable.
  15. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Yep, Regular Season I take marshmellow 9 out of 10 times

Playoffs Tay 10 out of 10.

Salary Cap wise Tay 11 out of 10.
  16. jetscreamer

jetscreamer First Round Draft Pick

To think his agent had to beg GM's to consider drafting him because he was a four year player. Thanks Joe.
  17. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I bet many of those managers are kind of looking back at that draft thinking why they didn't draft Tay. Looking at who went ahead of him? #2 - Jay Williams, #3 Mike Dunleavy, #5 - Nickoloz Tskitishvili, #6 - Dajuan Wagner, #11 - Jared Jeffries, #12 - Melvin Ely, #13 - Marcus Haislip, #14 Frederick Jones, #16 - Jiri Welsch, #17 - Juan Dixon, #18 - Curtis Borchardt, #19 - Ryan Humphrey, #20 - Kareem Rush, #21 - Qyntel Woods, #22 - Casey Jacobsen. How many of these guys are still in the NBA, let alone being an adequate starter? But a lot of times the draft is a crap-shoot and then the managers getting blamed. I think Joe has more hits than misses in his draft career, and Prince was one of his better picks, maybe the best.
  18. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Jay Williams is the only one I could justify, and maybe Jefferies on upside.

Wasn't Tay like #5 or #6 when Espn.com did a 'draft redo'?