Tayshaun backs Chauncey

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lpgrl26, Jul 16, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Tayshaun Prince: "I think we should stand pat" - Detroit Pistons Full-Court Press - MLive.com

----------------------
    He joins me and about 2 other people LOL

Looks like he also thinks Flipper was the weak link . . .
  2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Stand pat because we've been there, done that, and now we have a been there, done that coach. They have experience. That will get them over the hump.

No big deal.

You know what I'm saying?

Reading that makes me want to trade him before the sun sets.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

This guy needs to be traded, if he thinks this..........
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think what he's really saying is Flip sucks, he's inconsistent, and we had no idea what to expect, now that we have somebody who won't BS us, and can actually coach, we're good to go. Sheed won't be pissed off all the time, Chauncey won't chuck, the bench will play and we'll actually play defense aka Go team!

He just can't come out and say all that.

That's my very interpretative interpretation :)

edited to add; Chauncey's hosting the golf tournament and available for interviews after. It will be interesting to see what comes from that.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

I've felt that way ever since Lebron sent him scurrying for cover last year.

Hopefully, his locker stuff will be boxed up and waiting for him on the curb outside the Palace when he returns from Beijing.
  6. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I can agree with Tay, but on some points can't.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

ROTFLMBO.....I read that and thought the exact same thing!!!!:pound::pound:
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

ROTFLMAO :pound::pound: I thought the exact same thing as I read it. If Joe read that I pray he made 100 calls today!!!!!
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's exactly what I thought. I hope that Dumars is staying as level-headed as we are!! :)
  10. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I don't know what Tay is really saying, but I bet what he's thinking is that he doesn't want to be shipped off to some crap team where's he's watching the playoffs on TV.
  11. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

lurker - I agree. I think he just doesn't wanna get traded, and he doesn't want his little starters' club broken up. I can understand why, but I don't like his mentality. We need a fresh approach, and I don't believe simply replacing the Flipper with Curry is enough. That mentality of 'been there, done that, can do it a again if we stand pat' has been entrenched for way too long. The team is very stale, and has become way too predictable.
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tay repeats twice about Curry (the guy with by far the least amount of NBA coaching experience of all NBA head coaches): "He's a very experienced guy".

What this tells me: Tay was drunk.
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You and me both. In fact, i think it might only be you and me . . . LOL
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What was Tay supposed to say?
    Yeah, we should break up this team, and trade me first/last!
    ??

Probably. I don't think these guys are exactly rocket scientists, if you know what I mean. :rofl:
  15. max

max All-Star

Exactly. Especially with the rumored destinations so far of Denver, Houston and Golden State minus the key players that it would take to get them.
  16. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Reading that article just wanted me to ram my finger all the way down in my throat and throw the hell up.

If you are a grown ass man making millions of dollars a year looking for another grown ass man to motivate you, then guess what? you are a waste of sp**m.

If you can't pick up the rock and roll with it, especially since you have basically the same team you have won a championship with, now you have the gall to tell me, or I should say, whine, %%%%% and complain about not making it or doing your freaking job because of the coach, I am totally appalled and outraged at those comments.

I hope my fellow forumites are able to smell this bullcrap and not be fooled thinking that the smell is coming from the bottom of shoe, you actually did not step in dog sh** that's the crap being fed from players who are looking for a reason to blame someone for the lacksadaisical attitude.

Sure Flip is a big time culprit because he too was a very, very, poor leader, but as a championship caliber team, you don't fall into the cesspool of complacency just because the coach is crap.

Anyone who maintain these types of thoughts should be shipped out on the first thing smoking, I am really surprised by Tay's attitude because I really like this guy as a person.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

AG, Tay doesn't say that he wasn't motivated by Flip. He just says that all of the guys on the team have worked really hard ever since he got there and he thinks Curry will be a good coach. He doesn't even go as far to say that Curry will be better than Flip, just that Curry has more experience than one might think.

Pretty standard comments from a guy who likes his teammates and still has confidence in the team as a whole.

Are you referring to his comment that having Curry "will help out tremendously"? That could mean that he thinks Curry will have better game plans, will rotate players better, etc.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow. Is it considered politically correct these days to ask if it's that time of the month? I love reading your posts, AG, but I think you are out in left field on this.
  19. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That's a negative Coyne. Army Women don't get those times of the month, if the army wanted us to have one, they would have issued us one. LOL

Now in reference to my last post; Over the past three years, why have the pistons (starters) looked tired, disinterested and just palin ugly during the semi-finals?

How many excuses have you heard (from the starters) as to why most, if not all of them have played horribly???? I have heard a few excuses, and one of them was not because the other team was more talented.

How many off-seasons have the starters either justified and rationalized their ineffectiveness? Sure, I will blame Flip for refusing to play the bench during critical times, but where is the accountability from the bread and butter guys.

I was told by an old scholar that if you don't hold yourself accountable for your lack of effort and or behavior, then where is the incentive to change? It is always easier to blame it on someone or something else.

I love Curry, I think he will bring a different mindset and the expectations will be great, however, I feel that some of the starters have been lulled into a false sense of security. You heard the motto's over the past few years, "if it ain't rough, it ain't right", "no team can beat us, if we play our game", yada, yada, yada. Truth be told, no-one is afraid of detroit anymore, or their vaulted defense, and now the pistons are perceived by others as weak and chokers, yes even with the 2nd best record in the league, which in the end don't mean squat if every year you let the bully take your cookies and milk money.

I was born and bred in Detroit and been following them since the days at the "Joe". I am hardcore and a diehard pistons fan, so don't take it personal please.