Tayshaun Out Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Nov 7, 2009.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That's kind of what I've been thinking. Tay is what he is, he's not going to get better. But we have guys who can develop.

At the same time, I am not sure CV at 3 is a good idea. A thought of him trying to defend some of the East's SF's makes me cringe.

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I would move him to 3 as a backup.

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Only if Ben's on the court at the same time...he still got it. CV could be our Turkeyglue :sssh:

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I was hoping to move Tay before he was labeled damaged goods... time for plan B

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Plan B: showcase Rip

6. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

If confirms Tay injury, we are a lottery team. We don´t have SF as starter caliber in the roster.
    De JuanSummers,Daye and JR will have minutes. Rip trade puts detroit directly in the race for top five draft...it´s not very positive to see victorys this seasson,in long term we have no substitute for Tay for winning teams good or very good.
    Like you said,we must expect that the injury is not too serious,Tay not be the best player in the nba but without him we lose a lot of capacity.

7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

that would basically be kind of his rookie year

8. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

No kidding! 2004 was his year. The rest was like he was there for the scenery.

9. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

Tayshaun Prince out indefinitely with disk rupture | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

I'm sure it takes them a while, as they must run it past langlois first.

If the rest of the team has to go all season long without Tayshaun holding down the other teams best perimeter player it should make everyone else play better helpside defense.

UNLESS, this is a move to increase Joe D's potential trade offers. It allows a chance to showcase the rookies and keeps tayshaun out of the offers since he appears to be damaged goods at the moment. Now Joe can pick up the phone and say, "everyone is fair game." This aggressive stance may yield a more lucrative deal.

10. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I am not happy about the situation. He has been the iron man on this team...not only dies he need to heal (Godspeed)...he needs the rest. The team runs him down the most. The team needs to be develope its newly aquired small fowards. If you want to find a positive, it would be to develope the young small fowards...oh and shut up.

11. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

You meant Yunas Yahbreko, not Chris, right??

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

To the haters:

Tay has not MISSED a NCAA, regular season, playoff or Olympic game OR practice since 2000!!!?? He has taken a beating (try mashed Potatoes and Pork Chops, TP) by not added the necceasary muscle to his ass. Thats true. HOWEVER, we have all seen a decrease in his strength and stamina, and I believe there just came a point where Tay has said "Look, we aint goin nowhere. Play the rookies, teach them defense and I'll heal BUt still be doing what I love most anyway: COACHING.

Tay, as a bad lower back survivor-I say "Get your rest and get stronger!! See u in 2010!"

13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hate to see Tay go down like that. I would not play him for the rest of the season and post season if we get that far.

I totally Agree with Skool, his years in college, pistons playoffs for six years running, the Olympics, was bound to take a toll on his body.

Hope to see ya in 2010, bigger and better.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think Tay can be an All Star in 2010, this might be a blessing.

15. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

For what team?

16. max

max All-Star

It's going to cost us for sure. You cannot even trade him now if you wanted to. On the bright side the rookies can develop with Austin Day looking like the real deal so far. JJ is getting the start for now and could be a solid player ( we will see once teams start scouting him better ). Both players can be good.

Strange how quit this whole thing has been. When did Tay hurt his back and how? Was it wear and tear of playing hurt trying to keep that Iron man streak alive.

I am glad the streaks gone because now he can rest when he is hurt ( like he should have years past ).

17. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I agree it is weird how it seems so shush shush. But you're right, we will be able to see what Daye and JJ have.

18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tads - you need to respond to people!!!! Fantasy Basketball trade offers need to take priority in your life right now. :)

19. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

Well I hate to see TP go down like that, But on a positive side maybe its time to give daye a shot besides we are not contenders so might as well explore our rooks and see what they are made off. Good like tay see you soon..cheers!

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Bryan Colangelo once said, if you're losing AND you're not playing your young guys, it's like losing twice. I'm excited about watching this team in the absence of Tayshaun (although I didn't wanna see the Skinny Homie injured). This truly saves Q a headache, it's clear that our closing lineup is one that consist of 2-Bigs and 3-Guards. A closing lineup of
    PG: Stuckey -or- Bynum (whoever is playing better, or depending on the matchups)
    SG:BenGo
    SG/SF:Rip
    PF:CV
    C:Big Ben
    That's a legit closing lineup right there, Tay would have thrown that off.