Team is primed for run at Finals?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Sanddunes, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'll give these guys some grace for losing on tough opposing courts, but they are sputtering a little right now.

McCosky saying everything is alright is like a high school drop out confirming the fuel calculations for a NASA shuttle launch.
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Watching the regulars sitting on the bench more, resting for the playoff run is what I'd like to see. They seem to have fun cheering on the subs. A little less pressure, less concern about seeding, more rest for the regulars, and the Pistons will be fine.
  4. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

It's going to be real interesing to see what the bench can do in Showtime. Does Flip bring them in as a group (Dice, Max, Flip and Carlos) or does he piecemeal?
  5. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I remember in 88-89 when Edwards would lead the second group out to give the regulars a rest. I like the idea of forming an identity for the subs by having them come out in a wave. They're ready for that type of roll on this team. :MusicBigGrin:
  6. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I have been complaining about this all year. Flip has basically made two teams out of the Pistons. Against weak competition this is fine; bringing them in as a complete unit but I am not sure that will float in the play offs? Unfortunately I don't know that Flip has left himself an option. The bench plays well as a unit because that is the main way they have played. They have a comfort level with each other. Not sure there would be that same flow if they have to play piecemeal.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The difference with the bench unit (without Hunter) is that they don't have a go to guy and tend to go with whoever is shooting well.

Delfino's confidence is much higher playing away from Tay, CB and Rip. He gets to handle the ball and pick his spots to attack instead of being given the ball in uncomfortable situations.

Likewise with Dice, he really doesn't have a lot of chemistry with Rip.

The only problem becomes when the lineups get juggled due to injury, technicals, suspensions and fouls, Flip basically has to gamble that the guy he puts in will have some chemistry with the unit currently on the floor.

Platooning actually helps Flip out IMO because he doesn't seem to have a lot of feel for his guys.