Team Titanic

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 19, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Hard to believe Zeke still has a job. What a mess in NY. :doh:
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Why doesn`t Isiah and MJ learn from Magic. Buy a team, stand back and get paid without making major decisions.

Neither of the three had/has a clue in management or leadership skills needed for an NBA franchise.
  4. max

max All-Star

Not trying to gravedance - just found the term Team Titanic amusing.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I just hope Larry Brown doesn't decide he wants to go into broadcasting.
  6. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Bills, he might be good on a Medical Call-In Show.
  7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I may have been wrong about Darko being the next KG, but I was absolutely right about LB being a pathologically lying, team destroying cancer.
  8. max

max All-Star

Your team payroll is 125mil, will not be able to make any FA signings beyind the MLE until 2009 since you have 2 nearly untradable players who will be sucking cap until then that the coach does not even like. Finish 2nd from last in the league and do not even get a pick because you traded it for a player the coach does not seem to like either.

Its a very desperate situation unique in its own way. The only clear move is to fire both Thomas and Brown since things cannot possibly get any worse under different management.

Kinks will be better off hiring anyone for GM and giving them one simple instruction - stop trading for players with long-term expensive contracts. The teams they are comming from were trying to dump them for a reason. If Isiah stays he will only make things worse.
  9. max

max All-Star

On LB. He should have taken the year off. Comming off major surgery is tough and NY was not getting the real LB. With that said LB should have realized what he was getting into. With the financial commitment they have to Marbury its not something that will just go away. Trash talking him in the press only descreased his trade value and was not productive to the Knicks success. Then Isiah adds Marbury #2 in Steve Francise. It would have killed him to actually have a huge contract ( Hardaway ) come off the books.

Isiah? Love what he did for us as a player but what he has done in NY is verging on ranking him as one of the worst GM's of all time. Gathering all these huge contracts that nobody else wants and at the same time trying to rebuild with youth at their positions.

125mil payroll, 2nd to last in the league and not even getting a draft pick. It cannot get much worse than that. Suppose thats what Knick fans have to tell themselfs - it cannot get any worse or can it?