Team USA/Olympics

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Jul 25, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Anybody notice the phantom foul that they called on LeBron when the Chinese guard faked contact?

It was interesting to see because Lebron quickly realized that it was pointless to argue the call. Refreshing to see a bad call accepted by a player.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How many fouls would have been called on the US playing China in China if NAB refs had been used? Are FIBA's refs super-human not to be swayed by the crowd like their poor, picked on NBA counterparts?

It was only one game, but there didn't seem to be as much flopping yesterday because they're allowing body contact. That is especially weird because that is known as a foreign ploy. Traveling used to be known as something FIBA allowed also.

It sure seems by allowing a little more contact to both teams (GASP!!!) and not showing a bias based on where the teams play (What???) the players complain a lot less. How is that fun? I'm bummed just from typing this.
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

And palming the ball.
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

So, let me understand here. Are you guys suggesting that these Euro refs are better than the world`s best NBA refs??????:confused:
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Coach K called Melo out; basically said he wasn't in shape.
  6. max

max All-Star

Calls? The fact that the US stars can still adjust and play at high level kind of tells something. Maybe they do not need the calls? Nice if Stern got that message.
  7. ggazoo69

In the two U.S. victories, Kobe is 1 for 15 from behind the three-point arc.

Embarrassing. I think it would be hilarious if Coack K benched him.

I wonder if Bryant is thinking about his international marketing potential out there instead of his game.
  8. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Did any of the Shock players make the womens team? They showed them courtside but I didn't see any Shockers. I thought one of them was Katie Smith but wasn't sure. Would have thought that Nolan would have made the team.
  9. ggazoo69

Katie Smith is on the team.

Sidenote: Swin Cash is calling the action as the analyst for NBC and is terrible. Hopefully, she'll get better as the Games go on. It's probably her first time doing it so I'll cut her some slack.
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I don't know what that's all about. Checking the boxscore from the win over Angola this morning, the US was 5-21 on 3s, but it would have been a respectable 5-13 without Kobe going 0-8! I guess they just need him to stop jacking them up.

I was really surprised to see the boxscore from Spain vs. China: Spain won in overtime, but they had to come back from down 14 at the start of the 4th quarter just to force the OT! They're supposed to be one of the top challengers to the US in this tournament, but they almost lost to the team that the US beat by 30 two days ago. Must have been an ugly game to watch, over 20 turnovers for both teams. And Spain also struggled on 3s, just 5-17.

Next two games for the US are against Greece and Spain, so we'll see how they do against teams that are supposed to be good (Greece beat the US in the semis of the world championships in '06). Spain handled Greece fairly easily two days ago before almost losing to China today.
  11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

You guys are soooo way off the same page as premiere coaches like Coach K and Flip Saunders.

Did he just say they're missing shots? Haven't we heard that before?

This can't be good.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ultimately, the inability to score, through the making of shots, is detrimental to a team's success. Not to mention the success of coaches.

:hmmm:
  13. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Hopefully they will not need to bury some threes to get a win because this team lacks that consistent three point threat, other than Redd.
  14. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

I don´t see Angola-USA,referee has indicated steps to USA players? I´m very worried because china-usa,fouls not be aplicated at the same grade to usa players as China players(local team). Americas are little proteges by referees decissions.
    Today Spain-China the opposite,China team has been favoured a little agains spanish team. We have been sanctioned for to be getting up in the bench(usa team make that all the game against china but there aren´t not sanction).

Lose agains usa team is logical,next game of spain(game without importance,two teams are classified win or lose for next phase),but if there are one usa-spain in finals or semi finals i hope usa team win by anger and quality without referees protection.
  15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, they really need a Will Blalock type player to lock up the gold.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound: I knew there was a reason i didn't like Coach K (besides the fact he always sounds like he's talking through his nose)

edited to add;
    You know the US is also playing alot of zone. Also i think the USA might have a better chance to win than before; not that they suck less, but the other teams specifically ARG and Spain look like they suck more. However, there's still hope for Spain since they've shown even in their to so good to be pretty clutch.
  17. ggazoo69

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    So CB will be missed !
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Glynny may get the start for Greece tomorrow.
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Is there any team sport in which one player can so dominate a game as in softball? I saw the last couple of innings of Osterman's no hitter last night and she was amazing.