Terrico White at #36

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Laimbrane, Jun 24, 2010.

1. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey I was just interested in reading what everyone else said. I couldn't even find any posts from myself so I can't really talk!

Notice how everyone just saw 'Swedish' and went what the?
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think this is a good pick. Remember its the second round and a Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, Jerebko, Dejuan Blair story doesn't happen a lot. The guy is athletic and talented and even though we have a logjam I believe you should take the guy with the most upside in the second round because half those guys don't make it on their respective teams.

Don't mind this pick. I'm glad we got 1 big in the draft.
  3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

4. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

5. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

I don't have a problem with this pick. There was a need for a 3rd PG, because I don't think Chucky will be back. He might actually be the back-up PG if Bynum gets mad money from another team.
    JD can still trade Prince for another big to put next to Monroe. There are some people that don't think Monroe will be any good, and he is the 7th pick, so how can anyone expect a big drafted at 36 could help?
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, the Pistons are very solid at the 2nd and 3rd slots in the PG depth chart. Now they just need a starting PG....
  7. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

I'm getting ahead of myself, but being in the lotto next year could fix that, there are two quality PGs projected to go in the top 5 : Enes Kanter and Brandon Kinght, both from Kentucky.
    Right now, getting another quality big via trade and getting rid of Rip's contract are the main priorities I think.
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Scoe's new username: terrico36
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You know, I almost chose "Ernie the Slow Adult" as my username here, but I figured someday that someone would come along and want it.
  13. Brap

Brap Starter

The Pistons swung for the fences with this second round pick. I've got zero problem with that. White's issue will be, first, making the club. We're pretty loaded with rotation backcourt guys - Stuckey, Gordon, Rip, Bynum and, IMO Daye. But we do have some roster openings at guard - we could use a legitimate swing guard.

If this guy ever did fulfil his vast potential (he's as great an athlete as there is for a backcourt player), combining him with Stuckey would give us a ton of versatile talent for starting guards, and Gordon could be back in his ideal 6th man slot.

If Joe had made a "safe" pick with the 36th pick in the draft, then who would that have been anyway? We're loaded at SF, and we've got PF prospects (Summers, CV, Max, Daye, JJ coming out of our ears already). The safe pick would likely have been a guy with a pretty ordinary ceiling.
  14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I checked out an interview with him on Draft Express and he sees himself as a Dwyane Wade type. Unlike all of the other Pistons' "Dwyane Wade types", this guy can actually dunk like Dwyane Wade.

Joe should package up all of his Dwyane Wade types and trade them for Dwyane Wade (need a sign and trade of course).

or

Field an entire team of Dwayne Wade types. That would confuse the heck out of opposing teams.
  15. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Not a bad pick. He had to be rated as high as 10 for a reason. This will go down as a deep draft (lockout scare), here's to hoping we got one of those steals.
  16. buffaloBRAVE

buffaloBRAVE First Round Draft Pick

the pistons need big's even if their projects. They dont need any more SG's or combo guards. This guy averaged like 1.5 assists per game last year. Joe should have been paying attention and made some kind of move when hassan whiteside dropped to the early second round. Thats a big with a high ceiling, and would make more sense on this team then white.
  17. Brap

Brap Starter

When I saw on the cell phone ticker that we'd drafted a SG, I at first was surprised and a bit ticked. But, when I analyze our roster, we actually needed a 5th guard way more than we needed an also-ran big man. We have the MLE (or whatever) going into %%%ency. THAT's where we can round out our roster and find a big man who has a tinker's chance of being a rotation player for us this season. Seriously, it's hard to imagine any of the big men available to us - or who could have been available to us at a reasonable cost, being good enough to move up for.
  18. max

max All-Star

Yes we may need him or other depth there.

I do not expect anything from 2nd rounders, if they make the team its a bonus for me.
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Can some of the folks who have a problem withthis pick please tell me who Joe should've picked with the 36th pick? Don't tell me who he should have traded up for because we don't KNOW if that was a possibility? Tell me who was on the board that Joe should have picked at 36...PLEASE!!! If you can't do that, please have a Coke, a smile and seat!
  20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Joe gets the benefit of the doubt from me when it comes to picks like this. I don't have a problem with this pick (unless the guy picked at 37 becomes the next Brandon Roy :)).

I think that some peeps are thinking that Joe should have picked a big dude with upside rather than a SG with upside.

...whatever.

The fact that the dude's last name is "White" prolly doesn't help his cause either I guess...