1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

The 2007 Eastern Conference Champion is

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

THE DETROIT PISTONS!!! You heard it here first!

Here is how the top eight will end up.

1. Detroit
    2. Miami
    3. Cleveland
    4. Chicago
    5. Milwaukee
    6. Orlando
    7. New Jersey
    8. Boston

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

You and Max are some optomistic folks. I like it, I`m just not there yet. I would insert the Pistons at #3 in your eight, behind Miami and Cleveland.

For the simple fact that Lebron and Wade will break all kind of records for FTA next year.......................:redface: resulting in at least 3-5 wins alone!!!!

3. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, I don't really see much of a dropoff without Ben. I'm a defense first kind of guy but his offense was absolutely atrocious. I'm not saying we will be a better team next year. I'm just saying I still think we are the team to beat. I don't think our Pistons are going to kill themselves next year to get home court. We were burnt out come playoffs. I think our starters are still the tops in the league. I don't see much of a dropoff from Ben to Antonio. In fact, I'd call it a wash for those two. And I think our bench will be deeper next year. So yeah. I'm still a kool-aid drinker here. Pistons are still the team to beat.

4. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

PISTONS. I sure don't see the Heat repeating. Shaq is slowing down and Wade didn't necessarily beat us this year, We beat ourselves. I don't see Cleveland being any better than this year. Lebron and Wade would not be nearly as effective if they didn't get so many calls. Or non calls regarding traveling with the ball.Check out the number of times Wade and James get to the line. It is a travesty!!!!

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

NJ will be higher than 7th. Plus I don't see the Pistons winning the East HCA next year. I think we have a shot at the ship still.

Miami is very old and made no changes in their roster at all. That spells DOOM.

Cleveland didn't get much better except for getting Larry Hughes.

I'll say it right here and right now. Chicago will only improve 4-5 wins next year. They'll definantly get out of the first round, and if things go their way we might see them in the ECF. Ben Wallace just won't be able to get this team from first round exits to Champions in 1 year.

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

BY SEEDS:
    1. HEAT
    2. WIZARDS
    3.NETS
    4. PISTONS
    5. BULLS
    6. CAVS
    7. CELTICS
    8. PACERS

ROUND 1:
    HEAT
    WIZARDS
    CAVS
    BULLS

ROUND 2:
    BULLS
    CAVS

ECF: CAVS OVER BULLS

FINALS: CAVS OVER SUNS

DAVID STERN reveals himself as Lord Sideous and that his soul impregnated Lebron's mama!! Prononces "The Witness" to be Darth James!!!!!.mooohahahahhamoohahahhahhaha.........

...............meanwhile, 2 moons away, a star shines ever so bright.........

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You seriously think that the Wizards will get 2nd seed?

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

my bad ...forgot they were in Heats division ...oops...my bad

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I wasn't even thiking about that too. You think that the Wizards will get all the way to the second best record in the East?

10. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

It is to early to say, the Pistons Feel Narz can give them another option where it will be five on five all the time. The depth is truly their with the editions but I like the editions only if Ben was part of the mix, but thats in a perfect world.

The Pistons are still one of the top teams in the league, but the margin has closed, but not the drop off everyone seems to think. I still think the Pistons can win the east I will say for sure after training camp.

11. legend71

legend71 Second Round Draft Pick

Tough to call this early. I think Miami will still be there barring injury. I don't know that Riley can coax another playoff run like that from his vets but we will see. You also have to wonder if Detroit is still hungry at this point....

Chicago will be there. Tough coach and good personel.

12. Dlev59

HQ....THe Wiz #2 seed, you can`t be serious????

13. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

Right now I'd go with the Cavs or Heat. Wade and LeBron are Wade and LeBron.

Cavs roster is still pretty awful though, so I guess whatever the refs feel like that week :confused:

Considering the new seeding rules, I imagine the pistons will be the 3rd seed.

14. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Who can knock off the Heat?

Chicago? If they get a scorer, but it's hard to imagine them going from 1st-round losses to the finals in one year.

Us? As long as it's Flip vs. Riley and 5-on-8 Wadeball, I don't see a compelling reason at the moment to think we can beat them. Yes we'll be more motivated and them less, but they have Riley to compensate for that.

Cavs? LeBron's star treatment is offset by Wade's.

Indy? Harrington is a big addition, but that won't stop O'Neal from disappearing in the second half of playoff games, and Rick needs defense too.

In the end, I don't see anyone knocking off the current champs.

15. Dlev59

After close evaluation of the EC, The Cav`s may be dangerous. If Larry Hughes can remain injury free and Varejo continues to hustle and rebound and Lebron is allowed to take 5 steps to the hoop, they could be EC Champs!

Seriously, They are well coached and have the league`s star player on their team. After coming back against an imploding Piston team last year the confidence of this squad is probably soaring.

Injury free, and a liitle help for Lebron they could be the EC Champs..........

16. tpaPistonFan

tpaPistonFan First Round Draft Pick

Without explanation this is what I predict:
    1 Miami
    2 Chicago
    3 NJ
    4 Cleveland
    5 Washington
    6 Detroit
    7 Indiana
    8 Orlando

I think this is the best case scenario for the Pistons. I think I am being a homer by slotting the Pistons at number 6. I would not be suprised if they don't make the playoffs. I pick Chicago to come out of the East because of the defense.

I am sure most will disagree, but this is what I think.. I also expect to see more injuries this year. Since we are not a championship team anymore I expect the players not to play through injuries they did in the past couple of seasons(except for Prince and Rip).. I also except to see Sheed become one of the most hated players on this forum by season end. I really think we all underestimate the importance Ben had on this team.

We might get a really good draft pick, too bad it won't be from Orlando.

17. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Wow.

But, you could be right. Worst case scenario to us may very well end up being best case scenario for us after we see how these boys play. Let's hope that you're wrong. If so, this is going to be a long...long season.

18. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

We have had a really good team for quite a while and to think that we are going down the tubes because Ben is gone is asinine. We are going to have a good season.and if having a tough coach was the answer i guess the Knicks would have won it all this year.L B. certainly yelled at them enough. Ben was a distraction at the end of the season and did very little in the playoffs. We will beat them all.!!!!! 2007 CHAMPS

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:laugh:You are crazy. Ben is not Iverson, he is not Kobe, he is not KG, he is not Wade, he is not Shaq, he is not T-Mac, and he is not Duncan. Ben going to Chicago will not make us not go to the playoffs, and make Chiago champions.

20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I don't think teams fear the Pistons anymore (especially interior D)... but we could be very tough to outscore.
    I think this year we'll see a major injury to Bron or Wade.. they take too much contact playing their style.
    The Wizards are still the least disciplined team in the East.
    The Bulls will discover that Ben's game is not much better than Chandler's... the local negativity could put them in a tailspin.
    The Heat will have "Fat cat" syndrome
    The Nets could be the team to beat
    Cleveland still has too many defensive liabilities (which makes it sad how poorly we played on offense against them)
    Point being that every team has some warts which keeps the Pistons in the mix for the top seed.
    Best record prediction
    1. Nets
    2. Pistons
    3. Miami
    4. Cleveland
    5. Indiana
    6. Orlando
    7. Milwaukee
    8. Bulls