The 2007 Eastern Conference Champion is

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, Jul 23, 2006.

1. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

IF Flip and Delfino get along, and Delfino gets significant minutes at the 2 and 3, and F. Murray can play the 1 without becoming another Arroyo, and Flip learns to manage PT we have the #1 seed again, if we can't do any of things, and suffer an injury, lottery time.

1. Detroit
    2. Orlando (Jameer, JJ Redick, Turk, Dwight, and Darko-watch out)
    3. Cleveland
    4. Washington
    5. Miami (getting old real fast)
    6. NJ
    7. Knicks (Isaiah, '07 coach of the year)
    8. Toronto or Chicago

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Heat
    Cavs
    Nets
    Pistons
    Bulls
    Magic
    Washington
    Milwaukee

The East hasn't been this good in a long time.

Thanks DT for the heads up.

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Why are the Nets showing up so high on several folks' lists? Did I miss a trade? All I see is a year older Kidd and a Jefferson too convinced he's really the chosen one to work hard enough to improve. That lays a lot of responsibility on Vince, who isn't exactly my first choice for a lead me to the promised land type?

4. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Heat (they win by default--we were the main opposition)

Pistons (we are still good but I am crying as we are not dominant)

Cleveland (they need just a little push to Le Bron the new rules)

Chicago (better but still not genuine)

New Jersey (but not going anywhere)

The team to watch in the west is Phoenix. SA will be tough if they get some speed in the line up. Dallas may have missed their chance. Everyone will have them scouted this year.

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

1 Cleveland (I dunno. All they have is Lebron. But it's just a gut).

2 Detroit (They won 64 last year. They won't crumble)

3 Miami (Complacency & age)

4 Chicago (Ben makes a difference and they were pretty good without him)

5 Washington (I just like this team a whole lot)

6 New Jersey (I never know what they will do whether it is good or bad)

7 Orlando (They did pretty well after they got Darko)

8 Toronto. (well...why not? I think Indy is going down the toilet)

6. max

max All-Star

I was wondering about that myself. They added Miki Moore. 49 wins last season but obvious front court problems.

Cleveland has not added anyone either except a 25th pick shooting guard.

Orlando? Some are picking them.

Are the Iverson to Boston rumors still alive? Pierce and AI could put up a ton of points together. They added Olowakandi. Young team, 4 rookies, 3 2nd year players.

I would pick ( subject to change )

1) Miami - Shaq can still play
    2) Detroit
    3) Washington. - I think Songaila will be a good fit for them
    4) Cleveland
    5) Chicago ( sorry Ben you are losing in the 1st round )
    6) New Jersey
    7) NewYork - yep, find a coach that can just play the talent.
    8) Milw
    - Honorable mention for Indy. We will see what they have to give up to get Harrington.
    So far they are the 2nd biggest losers in the FA period. They should still be right in there.
    - Also for Boston if they swing AI without losing too much.

7. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Pistons will win it. Orlando will make the playoffs. But the Knicks will not. (Isiah is still traveling on the titanic.) Lebron and Wade won't play any better. Shaq will be worse. Ben won't bring enough to the Bulls and will be very unhappy there. Larry Brown will get his 40mill and will coach the right way somewhere else by the end of the season. Lebron and Wade will continue to "showcase their talents", travel, get numerous trips to the ft line. We will all be witnesses to more Lebron whuppings. Chauncy will get his own shoe. The Hornets will not be able to move back to N O and will stay in O K. Kobe will shoot his brains out to try to break his scoring record. Sheed will let his hair grow and chill out and get t'eed up less. Rip will keep his hair short. Tay and Nazr will play great together this year. And the Pistons will get great players in the draft. Kid Rock will now be at the games will Pamela. I will puke at having to listen to Walton announcing. Sir Charles will be elected Governor of Alabama.

8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Pistons
    Nets
    Heat
    Pacers
    Wizards
    Bulls
    Cavs
    Milwaukee

Pistons will win ECF against Miami (subject to change).

Remember the Pistons defense slipped last season and we were already among the worst offensive rebounding teams.

This season our offensive rebounding will improve and expect to see more SPG's. Our offense will also improve considerably.

9. max

max All-Star

I actually like the Pistons over the Heat as well. Figure thats the one team where having Ben Wallace really does not help.

Its what happends once we get in the Finals that concerns me. Can we still match up with the Spurs, Mavs or PHX with a watered down frontcourt?

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I am more worried of the Spurs again. They barely lost to Dallas and Popovich is >>>>than Flip.

Miami has made absolutely no changes. Unless something happens later I can not put them first.

Clevaland has a chance, but they have to hope Shanon Brown grows up fast.

New Jersey got a very good draft, but still play bad defense. J Kidd is older, and it will be tough for them to get first seed.

Chicago will not go from barely making the playoffs to being first just because of Ben Wallace. I see the Bulls coming up to 5th place. I think the best they can do is get the 3rd best record in the East.

It will not be a cakewalk for us either. If Tay and Sheed get more aggressive and get the ball more in the 4th quarter we will be up their fighting. one team has to have some luck on their side though to win the East HCA and more importantly represent the East in the FINALS.

11. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I'm not going to make any predictions.

But I say watch out for Orlando, Chicago, and Cleveland.

And I hope the Pistons stay competing.

And I hope we don't see Ben in the playoffs, because I'd hate to dislike him.

12. tpaPistonFan

tpaPistonFan First Round Draft Pick

You are right, Ben is not Iverson, KG or T-Mac. Ben is a multiple year all star, 4x DPOY and a champion he is also the heart of our team. The heart just left the body and you expect the pieces fall into place? There are going to be repercussions and they will be reflected in our record. The funny thing is, I have never really been a huge supporter of Ben Wallace, but I acknowledge what he meant to this team.

As I stated in my original post, I fully expect to see the players that had played through injuries the last couple of seasons not do the same thing this season. That has nothing to do with Ben, I am sure he didn't force anybody to play/not play, but there is a correlation between a championship level team and playing through injuries.

We will see what the future has in store, but I am not as optimistic as many of you are. A lot of your hopes are resting on the shoulders of Nazr "freaking" Mohammed. Actually I am not as concerned with Nazr and I am with our head coach, Mr. Jump shot.. My guess is that Nazr gets the ball in the post no more than 4 times a game, our offense will instead come from a steady flow of jump shots, YEAH!! Can we bring RC back to coach us for 2 years then recycle LB??

I will be pleasantly surprised if we finish better than the 6th seed. I am kind of expecting 2 pretty good draft picks, since I am not sold on Orlando either they don't have a SF or SG worth speaking about..

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You can believe what you want. Ben did not fit Flips system, he got the DPOY in 06 because of his reputation and not because of what he did this past season, and we still got first seed.

Losing Ben is definantly going to hurt, but it will not get this team from being a 1st seeed and a title contender to a team fighting every game just to be in the playoffs and hoping that at the draft lottery they get a top 10 pick.

14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

himat, your signature really sums up our offseason. :frusty:

15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I hate my signature too, but unfortunatly it is true.:mad:

16. tpaPistonFan

tpaPistonFan First Round Draft Pick

Now that we are 8 or 9 games into the season, I would like to point out that we have become a team that fights for every game and possible not make the playoffs. I would also like to point out that most people in this thread had way too much confidence in our current roster.. I am a bit suprised how poorly Chicago is doing, but I will stick with my prediction.

17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

No we have not. The Pistons have tried hard only half of their games so far and that's the reason they have only won a half. If the Pistons have given these 10 games there 110% that's pathetic. I'm also right in saying that this team would struggle early without Ben, and the Bulls are not too hot either.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The problem is that these Pistons have made a reputation of playing at 50% during the season.

Hopefully that changes, because they are not as young, deep or talented as in years past.

19. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

That can be said for alot of teams. Due to the high talent level of players in today's NBA, typically the difference between a mediorce team and an elite team is sustained effort and coaching. While talent is definitely critical, its easy to see how good talent in a poor environment will most likely create uninspired and underwhelming results.

20. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Wow, I was sure off on the Celtics. At least I got the first one right. :hoops: We ain't gonna lose to Cleveland.