The 2014-15 Season: Starters, Bench, Rotations, oh my

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Jun 27, 2014.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Bowser told Stan to tell Spencer not to say anything.

2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Sounds like they are cutting Jerry the Security Guard out of the loop. I hope this doesn't cause problems.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When Siva suffered that hammy in game three of the SL, the look on his face indicated that he knew his days as a Piston were numbered....now it's heal it and have his agent find him a job over seas...

Thanks for the memories Siva....(except for out playing the Trey Burke in the NCAA 2013 BB Finals).... hopefully our other PG's learned something from you and you get another gig soon. (Moderator: Please insert these comments in Peyton Siva Appreciation Thread when created)

4. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

It wouldn't surprise me if Siva ended up on the D-league team. Jennings will only be here as long as his contract stipulates he has to, and having a guy like Siva is never a bad thing.

5. BillLaimbeer

D-league players make about $25,000 per year plus expenses. If Siva doesn't catch on with another NBA team, I'm sure he will go to Europe and make a little money.

6. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

We need a Pudge Rodriguez type signing for the Pistons. We need a respected veteran player that still has something in the tank to give to give this Piston team an identity.

The Pistons also need to re-establish loyalty. Firing Sheed and getting rid of Chauncey doesnt help. The proper way to handle this would have been to offer those guys front office jobs or less visiable consulting roles with the team. We have had a revolving door with the coaching staff for the last 10 years, we have an absentee owner, and the roster stinks. This is why free agents wont come. It has less to do with the Detroit area and more to do about the culture of the organization and its perception around the league.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This guy can't even read and he's already disobeying the coach (unless SVG wrote the instructions down.)

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

I read on Twitter today from one of the Pistons beat writers that they were going to add another assistant GM.

I'm not sure why they waited until they're done signing people, but it's good to see then building the front office up.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

I agree and in a perfect world SVG might have kept some "Pistons" around.

I've gotten the feeling though that he's gone to great lengths to get that corrosive Pistons culture away from him. He doesn't want anyone stabbing him in the back.

10. LA Dre

That's is what we thought the signing of Big Ben and even Chauncey were supposed to do, but neither panned out...The oodball coaches didn't know how to use Monroe and Billups with his injuries issues was a non factor. If we didn't have a plethora of guards, Rip Hamilton could have been considered, as he is a year younger than Chauncey and a few months older than both Kobe and Pierce who both are considered vets everyone would love to have on their team. But who knows what Rip has in the tank, after sitting out a year > Fear the Mask
    Here is the current list of the 2014 FA that were signed and the guys who have not signed at the bottom of the list. Looks like Gray and Martin have not signed their contracts yet.

2014-2015 NBA Free Agent Tracker

11. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

We have an identity.

It's name is Andre Drummond. I think KCP looks like a high culture guy. Singler plays hard.

coynejeremy, roscoe36 and Laimbrane like this.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't want more retreads. I think the svg era deserves a clean break from the past.

13. BillLaimbeer

Keeping Sheed and/or Chauncey around as token consultants does the organization no good. SVG is hiring people with more knowledge and experience.

The Panda and roscoe36 like this.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Drummond grew fond of both of the coaches assigned to him in his first two seasons, first Roy Rogers and then Rasheed Wallace. As last season unfolded, Drummond increasingly flashed a jump hook with both hands and one- and two-dribble power moves that exploited his quickness.

“I credit that to Rasheed,” he said, “drilling that in my head day in and day out, sitting there for hours, shooting ’em with both hands and just how comfortable I’ve gotten with it has been great. So I really thank Rasheed for making sure I had that stuff in my game. He noticed the other stuff I had – my quickness, my athleticism – and he said, ‘You might as well use that to beat your defender with a jump hook or blowing by your defender with a quick step for the dunk.’ ”
    As Drummond’s role expands, on and off the court, Pistons’ fortunes sure to follow | Detroit Pistons

The Panda likes this.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Where did the quote button go?

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

apparently they hid it, sorry.

[​IMG]

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

If we were keeping those players from 04 with none of the baggage they created in the years after I would be all for keeping them... but you have to take all the bad things that happened with them after 04.... so sorry, I'm for clean slate.

raxrets likes this.
  18. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Drummond is a young cub. We need someone to mold him into a professional beast.

19. BillLaimbeer

I agree. Someone like a Ewing, Hakeem, etc. that was once a professional beast himself.

20. LA Dre

Remember at the summer league games, Shaq said he would take him under his wing for $200K. But not sure if he would teach him rapping or telling unfunny jokes...