1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

The Bench???

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ok, as of right now we have Dyess, Delfino, Flip, JMax, and Davis coming off the pine next year, perhaps seeing significant playing time if we are to believe Flip Sr.

Will this group be enough to push our starters in practice? To be ready and motivated to contribute when and if called upon? I actually think our starters will be fine, as long as only one maybe two make the Alll Star Team!!

I would really like to see our starters MPG drop down to the low 30`s myself. If Flip allows his starters to remain in the game if we are up by 20 points (which he did on several occasions last year) Joe D should fire him on the spot.

I believe this can be a good year for the Pistons, however, as I mentioned in another thread, everyone must step up, especially the bench.

One thing is certain, if the bench doesn`t play, and play well, this upcoming season will be a disaster.........:deadhorse

2. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I think our bench is decent, but aside from the C spot, I don't know if they'll be able to "push" the starters.

I do think the bench will be able to push itself.

Dupree pushing Delfino etc...

But either way, I agree with you.

If the bench doesn't play: 1. Flip should be fired, and 2. The season is over when it begins.

3. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

The way I see it we are going to be blown away by our bench one way or another. If Coach Flip really seeks to play our bench even though it will cost us some wins during the reg season, then I think we can have a very productive unit.

We need the rebirth of the Alternatorz.

Flip the player can hit some big shots sometimes. Delfino is good for some potential. Dice will make a few fade aways.

What we need, however, in my humble opinion- is an impact from an unknown. We need one of our young players to blow up huge. Amir Johnson should get some burn. Jmax another candidate.

This is why I was bummed that we resigned Hunter and the scrub not to be named. We know what they bring to the table. That wine is tired and it doesn't match our cheese.

Flip has to be willing to suffer a few losses and to coach the heck out of some of the young men. IF that doesn't happen we will be competitive.

4. linwood

linwood All-Star

I have zero confidence in our bench.

I hope I am proven completely wrong. :nod:

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Flip murray averages around 20 something points a game as a starter. The guy can score, and he'll help off the bench. The defense is the problem with him, but now that he's with a more defensive minded team he can improve that. Flip will be a force off the bench.

Carlos Delfino will be even better if Flip gives him the playing time. He's going to take it right to the hole and create plays which is something this team is lacking.

Lindsey Hunter will give us the hard nose defense and hustle that he always has.

Dice will get more time to play. This will get Dice more of a rythm and he should be better next season.

Dale Davis even though he's old will help a lot. this team needs rebounding help and that's Dales specialty.

So our bench has one of the top defensive gaurds, a player who can score at will, a slasher who plays good D and can create plays off the dribble, a forward who can shoot lights out, and a rebounding 7 footer.

6. MaxieltheBeast

MaxieltheBeast Second Round Draft Pick

what!I mean it is not in the top ten but we make up for it because we got the best starting 5 in the league:cool: .We got as of now hunter,murray,dupree,mcdyce,and davis as our 1-5.Just guessing that delfino goes over seas.No matter what we WILL be in the finals with phoenix regardless of our bench.We just got to stay healthy:fingerscr

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

"the best starting 5" is the problem. All ya gotta do is look at last years playoffs. We need at least 8. 9 would be butter.

8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Is this still a true statement?

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If we start Dice maybe.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Im watching Win #64 vs the Knicks and I cant believe we're talking bout the same team. Best play of the game was a ben blocked shot-out to Delk-who threw a 15 ft high alley oop to Evans that brought the house down. Now , they are all gone. I cant figre out what happened to us? Still.:frusty:

11. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

We actually need someone who will light a fire under the coaches arse. His job is not in jeopardy, but his reputation will never change unless he sees himself as he is. He let been go and said don't let the door hit ya...