The Best Team always wins a 7 game series.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, May 18, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Its not a 5 game series ladies and Gents. We play 7.

All the Pistons have to do is get game 6 and Clev will buckle. Guys like Verajio and Marshall with the 3's will tighten under the Pressure.

Question - How will you feel about the Piston chances if the shots start falling, the TO's turn into assists and the Pistons run up a 10-20 point win? Pretty dang good about getting game 7. All the Clev wins have been squeekers.

You heard it here 1st. Not only will the Pistons win tomorrow but they will do so in a fashion that will leave Clev questioning themselfs and full of doubts.

Its almost more painfull for a team like Clev to think they have a chance and then pull the rug out leaving them dumbfounded. Pistons always seem to give the other team hope but they are inevitably the ones making roster changes over the summer.

2. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Don't know why, but I feel like the Pistons will win this series. They have gotten bloodied by the Cavs and everybody is counting them out on the national level. I still believe !!

PS: Stop double teaming Lebron, he is a very good passer. The supporting cast is killing us with 10-15 points a piece. Let him have his 40pts.

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I agree Max. What concerns me is that game 6 is being played away, against a team that is playing footloose and fancy free with arguably the best player in the league right now. Not to mention this star has the refs either mesmerized or just plain scared to blow the whistle.

I am going to piggy back on what Gilbert Arenas said in the 1st round. To beat the Cav`s especially at the Q, we must truly BEAT them. Not in a close game, but by double digits, not giving the refs a chance to dictate the outcome.

I believe we can demoralize this team with a win tomorrow night. And game 7 would be that Motown Beatdown that we have been waiting for the last few games.

4. max

max All-Star

My point is that Clev will not be footloose anymore. They went into game 5 probably thinking they did not have much of a chance. The line was 12.5 points for crying out load. Now they will be thinking about the pressure of winning game 6. Clev is the favored team now. They don't want to fold now. Before it was fine - hey we won 2 that was good. Now being up 3-2 they must feel as they have to close this one out. Especially in front of their home crowd. Plus they must be thinking about how tough the Pistons are in elimination games.

On the Refs. I agree James gets his calls - but we all knew that. Pistons knew that. He got a lot of calls last game but only shot 7 free throws. And 3 of their players fouled out so its not like we did not get any calls.

Time to shutup and start playing.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If we jump after every loose ball and have more energy than the cavs we should win. sheed is talking much less smack so lets hope he has a good game. If Sheeds good I think he'll stop whoever he's gaurding. The Cavs are not gaurding Ben so we have to get some screen and rolls with Ben and Chauncey so that Chauncey can get him dunks. If we do a good job on offense we win in Game 3 we didn't execute in the 4th quarter. In Game 4 we made 1 out of every 3 shots. In Game 5 we had more TO's than assists yet we barely lost in all 3. If we have a good offensive performance we should win.

6. max

max All-Star

Himat - if the Pistons have less than average of an offensive preformance but still slightly less bad than the past 2 games they will win.

Its not like Clev has been blowing out the Pistons during this slump.

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

To do that Chauncey needs to be aggressive and we need to get the ball to Tayshaun and Dice. Tay needs to make Lebron less effecient by making him work on D, and Dice will play his heart out. Chauncey has such an advantage and he hasn't used it so far.

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I disagree. I believe they will still be footloose and fancyfree. They are not supposed to be in this postion anyway, so if they loose so what, nobody gave them a chance anyway.

Game 6 is at home, and if they lose that, they feel they can win another at the Palace. They may be the only ones that believe that, but that may be their mindset at the moment.

I do agree that a demoarizing defeat, or just pummeling them during the course of the game could zap that footlosse attitude real quick.

9. max

max All-Star

According to Flip. He will use more of the bench next game because he wants every possetion to be played like it was our last. Translation - Expect to see Delk make an appearance into this 7.5 man rotation.

He also thinks that if the Pistons start making some outside shots ( Mainly Billups ) that will stretch out the Cavs D and open things up for everyone else inside.

Yes it is mainly up to Billups. Again - we don't need a career game just an average one from him will do. I am talking about making some outside shots and not chucking the ball down court to a phantom Piston.

10. max

max All-Star

Well I guess we will see who is right. All series the Cavs have been saying "All the pressure is on them". its going to be like that "Avenge game" We had with them during the season. They were under so much pressure to win that they did not play very well.

They have to get this. They know they have to get this. Game 5 was a loose one since everyone expected them to lose.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

This is what we're about. LETS GO PISTONS!

12. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I appreciate the sentiment, but should the Cavs win this series, are they really the better team? And, if so, how could everybody have been so wrong? I think the team that wins a series is the team that played better in the majority of games, and right now, that's been the Cleveland Cavaliers.

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Not for long ahb. We're going to win, I know it.

14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

And therein lies the problem. The Pistons need to start treating these like they are 4-game series and bring it EVERY NIGHT. This team makes in unnecessarily difficult on itself. It's getting really old.

15. anakin

Not only difficult on themselves, they drive their fans to drinking! (Which may not be bad in itself)

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That is why the Palace makes so much money! Brilliant.

17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

There's no doubt Detroit is the better team. Hard to win when so many players go cold at once. I think I have been unnecessarily blaming Flip for a lot of this mess. Basically, this team has gone ice cold in field-goal percentage. It's OK if only a few guys can't shoot but all these guys pretty much can't shoot. All at the same time. Horrible, horrible timing.

18. anakin

Exactly. I can't recall an instance where shooting went cold over a prolonged period and we had more turnovers than assists. Flip's coaching was enough to wipe the floor with the Cavs in the first two games. The "D", while not like 2004, has been more than adequate to win these games. Sheed and Chanucey need to step it up.

19. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

The Pistons aren't the Phoenix Suns. When the point guard's decision-making does not get the team high percentage shots consistently, the coach needs to start calling plays himself.

Sure, the players are missing shots, but most of the shots they're taking are bad ones. There's too much isolation and too little off-the-ball movement, and the Pistons do not have the personnel to make that work. If the coach's trust in his players is misguided, as Flip's trust in Chauncey Billups appears to be, then the coach needs to make some adjustments.

And for god's sake, the Pistons could have swept this series if they just ran 2-chest 30 times a game. Rip. Hamilton. Can't. Dribble.

The Pistons are the better team, but all they have to do is not play like it 4 times out of 7 and they will lose the series irrespective of the talent.

20. anakin

ahb, they didn't need to be the Suns to wins these games, far from it. How is Flip responsible for the turnovers? Ben's 0 for 7 FT shooting? Many good looks were missed. Could Flip have done something different, yes! But the crew is playing like crap. I am absolutely stunned at the choke job the last 3 games. They could have played mediocre and won the last two.