Breaking News The Brandon Exchange: Pistons acquire Brandon Jennings

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by jayborne, Jul 30, 2013.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

In the vid his D looked good. He made a team take a longer shot. So he left his man, he ran back and the guy missed.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    At least the best player as of today.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You just used up your one free pass on this forum! All of the good karma of your past posts, extinguished in one small moment!

NO NOT BELIEVING.
    Mogilny likes this.
  4. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

I wonder if Stuckey will give up his #3 jersey :behindsofa:
    linwood likes this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ouch. You didn't......
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That's brutal
    linwood likes this.
  7. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe, Smith, and Jennings... Joe ain't gonna let no egghead stat geeks tell him what to do.
    Mark V, linwood, KGREG and 2 others like this.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I had to make an example. Dissent will not be tolerated!
    raw36, coynejeremy and Slippy like this.
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

Don't have a warm-fuzzy about this deal.

Good luck and best wishes, BK
    linwood likes this.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Jennings and Smith are going to lead the league in step back jumper misses. Coach needs to enforce some discipline.
    House Dressing and The Panda like this.
  11. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Have you seen the the size of their back court? That and they tried to get Teague. This was just picking up assets for a guy who was either going to hate being there, or go somewhere else.

Ill miss Middleton. i think he could have been a great backup player. Drummond is the back up 5, as he was before. BJ/Billups/Singler(or Datome)/Smith/Monroe.

Rip ain't coming back here. He killed his ties and he just isn't good anymore. Siva will get signed.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why was Jennings hell bent on leaving while Knight was OK staying with us? Jennings was a starter on a playoff team and he wasn't happy?

Taking his talents to Detroit! He's going to be so gruntled.
    linwood likes this.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think it is the Stuckey/Villanueva effect.
  14. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Last year, Knight's o-Rating/D-Rating was 98/111 (Jennings' was 106/108). Compared to Knight, he's actually a point guard that can handle the ball. I liked Knight personally, but he's a career backup point guard. Jennings, while not a great shooter, is not as turnover-prone with the basketball, and that is important. This is an upgrade, albeit an expensive one. Honestly, what I'm happy about is that they'll get to keep Silva. That's not sad, is it?
    KGREG and House Dressing like this.
  15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I guarantee that SOMEDAY we will possibly maybe kind of regret this trade!
    BallDon'tLie and KGREG like this.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hard to call somebody a career anything when they are 21 years old. Knight could still be in school leading his team to a National Championship and he'd be a potential top 5 pick.

He has flaws, but he's so young and has been playing for a team that has been an absolute mess.
    del, The Panda and S.J. like this.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Not a bad deal. And we still have the expirings of Stuckey and CV to trade. Our starters are pretty obvious now, Jennings, Pope, Smith, Monroe, and Drummond. Our bench is looking good, if and only if Billups can still play some. A (healthy) Billups led bench can't be too shabby. Plus we got Mitchell as a solid fill in when any of the front guys sit. No, a 4 man rotation is probably not too smart to try to go with all year to cover all of small forward, power forward, and center. So guys like Datome, Singler, JJ, and CV will probably get shots on our front line. But we don't need them.

What are we missing? Potentially, another guard, but really, you could go with a 3 man rotation at guard. Younsters Pope and Jennings should be able to play nearly 40 minutes each, leaving just 16 to 20 minutes for Billups to play.

Ok, so we got a decent 7 man rotation. Consisting of Jennings, Billups (if healthy), Pope, Smith, Mitchell, Monroe, Drummond.

What else do we have left: Bynum, Stuckey (who could be the 4th guard, or the 3rd if Billups really can't play much.), Siva, Datome, Singler, JJ, CV.

One roster spot unfilled. Which means, hey, if we had done this a bit sooner, we could have kept English. It seems we could still resign him. Or pick up Rip. I would, if he would accept a limited role, and by no means hinder Pope from getting all the minutes he needs to rev up into a player.

Ok, time to go play in my sandbox. Otherwise known as the rotation thread.
    kpaav and KGREG like this.
  18. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

I have to admit to having the exact same thought. At least we can be pathetic together.
  19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Wow, this is a good trade, but I will definitely miss Knight. I'd rather have sent Stuckey, but Hammond probably was going to have none of that. The size of the contract, and the length, is really good.

Knight was a great kid, but nobody could say definitely that he was a PG. We've got a PG who has proven he can play that position. All he needs is discipline IMO, and we've got as good of a coaching staff as you can expect to have for a player like this.
  20. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

I like BK as well and wish him the best. However, at the end of the day and in the cold harsh light, Joe had to make a move for a proven commodity, not wait for something that may or may not develop into a PG. His life and job as GM depends on it and besides he doesn't have the luxury of waiting. His mandate is to make the playoffs or else. I know he may be criticized for the move but I like it because Joe and most people do their best moves and fight the hardest when their backs are against the wall and their asses are on the line. No ands ifs or buts about it. If at the end of the day he still doesn't make the playoffs at least he can say he went out swinging, but it always helps when you try to stack the deck in your favor anyway you can instead of taking chances. If I had to bet I would say look at JJ, he may go next.