1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

The Celtics: Fantasy Outlook

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

In the past you had three guys who you could count on to carry their teams while racking up some nice fantasy production. What happens now when those three guys share a ball? What happens to their value. If anything the shake up makes for an interesting draft day.

Expect their fantasy numbers to dip...but not by much. The interesting part is how it will affect Kendrick Perkins and Rajon Rondo. Rondo came on at the end of the season. There's a lot of people to pass to who can help him rack assists and the big 3 will demand attention which Rondo can hopefully exploit.

Come draft day, that trade will make for some interesting selections.

2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think they will take too much of a hit. Remember, the Celts dealt away their whole bench pretty much, so those 3 are going to have to take on a lot of the load.

Garnett - I think he is the one whose points numbers might take a hit slightly. I think around 20ppg. His rebounding should increase if anything, staying around 13rpg. He should keep up the assists as well having Allen and Pierce to pass to from the double team. He is still a top 5 pick I reckon. He is rock solid and never gets injured.

Pierce - I expect him to average around 23ppg, 7rpg and his assist totals should go up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them close to 7apg as well. Still a top 15-20 pick.

Allen - He should still get his points. 25-26 ppg looks about right. Boston traded away all of their 3pt shooters so he should still hover around the 8 3PA per game. Rondo and Perkins are both non-scorers so he is going to be getting a lot of shots. Expect Doc Rivers to give him the green light to fire away at will. Top 15 pick again.

Guys who should have value.
    Rondo - Has shown he can definitely pass and steal the ball but his shooting % sucks. But if he can improve in that area and get 30-35 mpg he should reach near 9 apg and 2 stls. Throw in 8ppg and a few rebounds, he could be a nice 8th round pick. Boston has no other PG.

Perkins - As starter averaging 25mpg, he should get 8ppg, 8rpg and close to 2blk. Has been dealing with injuries though. He should be a late round pick.

Tony Allen - Was having a really nice season til he blew out his knee. He should be first guy off the bench assuming his knee is right. He should get 25mpg with double digit points and 1.5 stls. He has good % too. Worth a look late in the draft.

Nobody else is worth drafting at this stage, but keep an eye on Leon Powe and whoever else they pick up.

3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Also need to take into account that Garnett's numbers were primarily against West Coast big competition. Facing a smaller East may help his numbers as well.

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

droppingdimes.com has already started its mock draft. interesting read during these slow days.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think KG will be that much better against an East that likes to play tough and physical. There won't be many candy matchups like Dirk Nowitzki or Lamar Odom.

I mean, as great as Carlos Boozer and Elton Brand are on offense, neither is a tough defender.

I think Pierce will have fantastic #s at the expense of Allen.

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Brand not a good defender? I disagree with that one, bro. I think KG can handle the physical nature of the East. I expect him to be even more dominant. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.