1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

The end of the NBA

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by detteam, Nov 2, 2006.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Is Stern the sole propagator of all things NBA?

The new ball? The defensive crack down?

Does anyone get to vote on this stuff besides the guys getting their pockets filled?

Shave Stern's head and you will find a 666 on his noggin. I'm REALLY pissed off at how he has screwed up this game :yellowprison:

Time for a fan rebellion.

2. max

max All-Star

Pretty soon they are going to start teching for crowd noise and fans yelling about calls.

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm guessing that is precisely who votes on it. Stern provides a nice public face for the owners, but it's hard to imagine him doing anything that they haven't privately endorsed. Stern gets to take all the heat because he is the frontman, and I imagine the owners like that a lot.

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

It's the end of the NBA as we know it. It's the end of the NBA as we know it. But I feel fine. :)

5. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

If everyone notice last night as I toured league pass every team is trying to attack the basket being a perimeter team will hurt, All teams saw what the refs did for Wade and everybody is trying to cash in on it.

THE NBA HAS BECOME A BAD PRODUCT!! But what can you do you adjust and live with it you have the play the game:yellowprison:

6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

There will be records set this year for techs and FT shooting. Put your money on it.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Problem is we don't have any one player who consistently attacks the rim. If we do they are sitting on the bench (Dupree, Amir, Jmax). neither Sheed or Tay do it with consistency and Rip only does it when his J is not falling, (which means he can adjust).

I am sure somebody kept count, but all of Bogut's and Charlie V's points appeared to be in the paint last night and probably 75% of Redds, came from him driving around our defenders for layups.

That 70-28 in the paint stat should be posted on the blackboard and Flip, Porter, Cowens and even Joe need to be in all of the players faces talking about it. Yes this is perimeter team, but if we are going to give up some points in the paint, we need to score some too and layoff the rushed trey attempts. The dribble penetration is something we see from the opposing team, and we need to see it on our end!!!

What I saw last night was a lot of handoffs to the open man for an ez buckets for the bucks but none of that on Pistons offensive end.:(

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I think we will be OK as a team if we cann adapt to change. When Rip first got here , he avgd 8+ FT's a game, then he got tired of getting banged for nothing and went outside. I think he and Chauncey should avg 15 ft's a game, so ther's easy points to be had. We wont get a lot of 2nd chance or fast break points, so Sheed must have a throwback year. But Sheed has been around awhile now, and I think the Cavs kinds dowsed his flame a bit. (koff-koff tradebait koffkoff)..The NBA is no longer mine. Now I get wHAT my uncles felt about the Clyde, Pearl, Pistol and Hawk days. This is the end of my NBA. The only evil more powerful than us Siths has endured...DAVID STERN-THE EMPEROR!!

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, but does anyone outside Detroit know this? I think Stern has turned the NBA into a blockbuster movie -- something that the dumb-azzes called "the masses" can't resist.

10. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Stern has talked about setting rules for fan bahavior and I think he will if he can pull it off. He has tried to stop the music that is played. I think he is going to do away with tights and armsleeves etc. Pretty soon it will be like watching a bunch of effing lawyers out their in little 3 piece suits, And remember when the ref tried to call a tech on John Mason last year? When the refs make a bad call than any techs given to the player should be suspended and the ref should get a fine of $200.00. We can't depend on the league to police their own.. David Stern is going too far and trying to assume too much power. He is not master of the universe and I think the players and fans are getting really frustrated. We need to organize a protest. All the fame has gone to Stern's head!:shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout:

11. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I couldn't agree more. Anybody that saw/heard the remarks made by Charles, Kenny and Reggie at halftime of the Dal-SA game knows that we ain't the only one's who's noticed that.

Roscoe, you got a link to Stern's (or somebody that matters) e-mail? We outta call on b-ball fans everywhere to flood his dam board with protests over this bullsh!t "Sheed rule" and WWF-style NBA.

Let the dam players PLAY! The refs have too much power and we FANS need to take if from em. By any means necessary!

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I do but I cannot hand it out. :(

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not only were the studio hosts ragging on the Sterns-sheed rules, but even color man Steve Kerr voiced his opposition/opinion of the new rule during the game. Then in the late game, Carmelo becomes the second player to be victimized by the rule.

On a side note, the NBA tried their best to create rivalries this first week by trying to match up the first round match ups of last seasons' playoffs and did it for the east and half of the west. The irony is that all final four participants, Pistons, Heat, Mavs and Suns all lost their season openers at home. :confused: I guess either the higher seeds were overconfident or the lower seeds remembered....

14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

15. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Man this technical foul situation is out of hand. I think every team that played got at least two against them :rolleyes: I saw that gamn too, it was pretty rough sometimes, but the damn game is going to have emotion. If you take away emotion you take away the heart of the game!