The Finals

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, May 31, 2010.

1. Brap

Brap Starter

This might be one of the closest matchups in the finals in years. I'm not sure either team is 100% healthy - and that might make a huge difference.

For the Lakers, Bynum is crippled, and I think that really hurts them against the more physical (ridiculously physical) and intense (ridiculously intense) Celtics.

For the Celtics, Rondo might not be at full speed, and Davis' concussion might really effect him. (I'm not sure about the status of those two injuries). And the C's will really miss Marquis Daniels.

Still, these are two driven franchises, and the Celtics vs. Lakers AGAIN is pretty intruiging.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

the blame will go on Artest for being Artest....he will take an unnecessary three ball or will get thrown out of a game when Sheed or Garnett bait him into funky foul..

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not sure if it was the Lakers looking really, really good or the Celtics more or less not showing up. Probably both, probably more of the former.

- Sheed was the best big man on the court for Boston, especially during the first half. Doc should have given him a little more run before he self destructed. Right now he's the only one who can handle either Gasol or Bynum on the block.

- Completely in hindsight, Doc should also have sent Perkins onto the floor in the last Orlando game, once it was decided, to pick up a tech. Yeah, would have lost him last night, but he's playing like a man waiting to get suspended now and that isn't going to be enough. If he doesn't get his aggression back, Boston can't win.

- Something is still wrong with Garnett. If he doesn't play a lot better the Celtics don't win the series, may not win a game. He shot the ball o.k. last night (7-16), but didn't provide much else. 16, 4, and the binary remainder of his line isn't going to get it done.

Pierce and Allen have to negate Kobe and Artest - tough for sure, but doable. Then it all comes down to the bigs, and right now LA is way ahead of the game. Basketball decided by the big guys - cool.

4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Allen had one sick first half. He has already tied the record for most 3-pointers in a final game and was 7/7 until he had an in and out at the end.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pierce is such a lazy defender.

6. LA Dre

If Garnett does not wake up soon..he will be the goat of this series....

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The NBA will make sure this series is even 1-1 after tonight.

8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Help! I don't get who's joking and who's not any longer about the conspiracy theories anymore. :pound:I'm reading everything here from the James theories to Sterns masterplan to get the Grizzlies to the finals.

Also, creds for the avatar!

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was never big on the conspiracies, but the last couple of years have convinced me otherwise. The officials definitely helped out the Celtics tonight.

10. roscoe36

I dunno. I thought it was fairly even, but I only caught the last 18 minutes.

Celts earned this one. What a great game from Allen.

My respect for Doc Rivers continues to grow.

11. LA Dre

The Celtics only went to the line 26 times compared to the Lakers 41 attempts. Some calls down the stretch looked to go in the Celtics way and Kobe probably got a questionable call of 2 against him....finally:)

Stern wants this series to go at least six, so there will always be some conspiracy out there.

Keeping Kobe and KG on the bench for longer than they are used to probably shaped the game somewhat. As bad as KG looked, he only took 5 shots, but Big Baby was 4-13 missing a buncha-bunnies.... Pierce and Artest canceled each other out 2-11 and 1-10 respectfully, so it was the triple double by Rondo that was key to the game in the second half after Ray Allen record setting three pointers were almost wipe out after the Lakers came back to lead in the third qtr.

Credit Nate Robinson who came in when Rondo was sucking air at the end of the third to keeping the team in there until Rondo came back in well rested to lead the charge down the stretch.

Good game...and now there will be some more basketball to watch next Sunday.

12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm pulling for the Celtics but 2 of Kobe's foul's weren't even close to being fouls and a third (Offensive foul) shouldn't have been called. Despite Ray Allen's heroic's if Kobe was allowed to play this game probably would have gone to the Lakers.

13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought it was a pretty funky game. I still can't imagine the Celtics winning with both Pierce and Garnett playing like dogs. Ray had a nice run, but only seven points more than Gasol. No matter how long I stare at the boxscore I can't figure out how the Celtics player by player numbers sum up to 103. Maybe it's all a scoring error.

But then I can't figure out how Davis got up 13 shots in 18 minutes either. Sheed had a nice game though, playing within himself, and with only one fewer board than Pierce and Garnett combined. He's been rebounding really well in this series.

I don't know, maybe if Kobe hadn't gotten the somewhat dubious fouls, maybe it would have been different. But it wasn't as if he was lighting it up. The rest of the team combined shot a little better than he did, and he still played over 34 minutes. He was 3-8 in the 4th (37% vs 41% for the rest of his team in that period) and only sat down a minute or two. I wonder if the Lakers have too many weapons, and that makes them buy into the triangle in ways the Bulls never did. Maybe only Phil can stop Kobe.

14. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

how embarrassing was it for the NBA when dumba*s Nate Robinson dropped the N-Bomb on ABC last night?

In case you missed it:
    Rajon Rondo is my [redacted]

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

If Celts win it, Rondo should get the finals MVP. That block on Fisher was awesome.

Unfortunately this still doesn't look to good for the Celts. The 2-3-2 format is horrible. Celtics aren't good enough to win 4 in a row against the Lakers, which means they'll drop at least one in Boston. I doubt they'll be able to close it on the road in LA.

Anyways, GO SHEED!

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Plays like Rondo's block are why I am critical of Stuckey. He's not making opportunistic/energetic/hustle type plays on a dreadful team. Instead we get 3 rebounds.

Speaking of 3 rebounds, Sheed should use the My butt hurts from sitting on the bench so much line if he doesn't start getting more burn.

17. LA Dre

Folks on FB were raggin last night about this saying that it could only happen in the NBA....as the 7 second delay was not working.,... I also heard a could S-bombs pop up on the court before the the censors could blotch those out

..However. it was not as bad as the MTV Movie Awards last night where the F - Bomb was dropped repeatedly by everyone including Marky Mark Wahlberg who who dropped 5 of them before the censors could catch up with him....

18. LA Dre

It's a no brainer, but Rondo is light years ahead a Stuckey in everything except free throwing....I wonder if Rondo's lady even looks hotter:)

19. roscoe36

Stuckey is a much better jump and free throw shooter than Rondo. They are both decent rebounders.

I think we're past the point of comparing these two guys though. Rondo has the ball on a string, the way he runs the team is really impressive. I bet LB would love to have a guy like him who plays within himself, and plays in the paint.

20. LA Dre

Is it too late to compare Big Baby and Jmax??:sssh::)