The Finals

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, May 31, 2010.

1. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I thought it was hilarious. He sounds like Kevin Hart. Then again I'm not a big fan of language censorship. The moment did outshine Nate also going up to Rondo saying "I just want to say that I love you."

As a Kevin Garnett fan, it's really hard to watch him this series. They may be better off letting Sheed get extended minutes. He's playing like "Unicorn Sheed", the guy announcers always talk about but we never see.
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I also thought it was hilarious. :)
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Unicorn Sheed. Pure genius.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Nice one Jayborne...:pound:
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Story of the game Derek Fisher trumped Ray Allen.

With Rondo in foul trouble, Fish was able to score 11 points in the 4th qtr as he ran by all of the Celtics almost the way Rondo did it in game 2.

Allen almost set another finals record missing 13 shots ???

Why they didn't continue to go to KG who was hitting everything is beyond me???

Meanwhile big baby has 3 turnovers in the 4th qtr to stop momentum each time the Celtics were poised to take the lead...

In the 2-3-2 format, the winner of game 3 has won the title all 10 times when the teams split the first two games.... if this holds up, then both this trend/fact and Phils winning game one deal will hold up and remain true.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Doc's big man rotations have left something to be desired in this series. KG only ended up with 32 minutes even though he was having his best offensive game in weeks. (Though we haven't seen a good defensive game from him for longer.)

Sheed got his usual 18 despite shooting 1-5, though he is the only Celtic who can make things really hard on Gasol. I'm thinking Sheed is the best defensive big man of his generation (despite not taking the time to look up his draft class), and maybe cracks the top ten list all time.

Perkins finally jumped onto the rebounding train with 11, barely less than KG, Sheed, and Davis combined. They continue not to get him any shots on the move, and he can't make a decent post move to save his life from a standstill. The Celtics were plus seven with Perkins on the floor but he only got 21 minutes, even with only two fouls.

The Lakers won this one in the first quarter and in the last eight minutes.
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

It was kind of nice to see Ray Allen go ice cold. I was getting tired of Mike Breen yammering about his work ethic and how he gets to the gym early and takes 10 million more shots than any of the other players. Seems like his first year with the Celts he has a horrible shooting per centage in the playoffs.
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Ray Allen really laid an egg. Celts were off to an explosive start. Things were looking good when Jackson had to call his first timeout with the Celts up by 7 and Artest on the bench with 2 early fouls. He must've said the trigger word because after that timeout the Lakers got it going and never looked back.

Lakers' interior defense was very good. Nobody got anything going in the paint other than KG, who seemed to be the only Celtic that showed up to play.

Fisher probably played his best quarter of the year in the 4th.

Stick a fork in this one. Lakers are going back to LA up 3-2 and close this out in game 6.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think the C's may be limiting Sheed's minutes because of his back. That's what they're implying after the games anyways. They need to play him more.

Aside from allowing Bynum to shoot 93%, getting pinned to the floor repeatedly on the defensive glass, having his shot blocked by every 6 footer on the court and making Ben Wallace look like Wilt Chamberlain on offense Perkins is having a great series.
  10. LA Dre

I am just tired on Mike Breen....where is Al Michaels when we need him...

His favorite words are "very impressive"

Even worse is the pre-game, half time and post game comments by Stuart "Booya" Scott"..which are so annoying....

....and why is Magic on ABC there giving his supposedly unbiased opinion??? I saw him at the Maxwell concert Saturday night at Staples Center and as he walked by the guy in front of me yelled "we going after # 16 this time"...and part Laker owner Magic stopped and said "you better believe it"... why don't we have homer Heinson in the booth to see if he can restrain himself like Magic does and provide some Celtic vibe instead of Jon Barry??
  11. LA Dre

Yeah despite the 3 turnovers in the 4th qtr, Big Baby was more aggressive than Perkins, but I still would have brought him back in crunch time to grab those boards that the baby couldn't jump high enough for:sssh:
  12. dba

Had to to to bed at halftime for an early flight and missed the second half heroics.

How big a factor was the lack of Bynum? Or was it just the kids getting hot?
  13. Mogilny

If felt like a pretty big to me. Wonderfu slowmol pictures when Big Baby ROARED so the saliva was splattering all over with Little Nate hanging on this back roaring just as much.

Crappy angle but here is a piece of it YouTube - Big Baby's Primal Scream.
  14. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

And, of course, love the face of Sheed when ref gave him a foul after his tricky play to put Gasol on the floor at 24.5 second time mark of 1st quarter. Classic, I say both his look and the play. What a wonderful great defender the guy is.
  15. dba

That was great. I just cracked up laughing.
  16. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I hope the Celtics go down in flames.

KG is a has-been that gets by on roughing up lesser players. (Rick Rickert anyone?) He's the epitomy of "fake" athlete to me. He's pounding his chest like a fool. He's all show and it's a pretty pathetic show.

Paul Pierce is NOTHING without the refs bailing his weak flailing arse out. He's a "wheelchair" whiner. He flops and flails and doesn't even attempt to shoot as much as just flop and hope for calls.

Perkins is one of the biggest a-holes on the court. He shoves on nearly every rebound. Just watch him get "position". He's got a forearm in everyone's back as they jump for rebounds. He's blatant when he's pushing off. He rarely gets called for 3 seconds despite camping in there all night. Need I mention the scowl? What a fool.

Rondo is a cocky tool. The dude can't shoot a lick. Why is it that defenders are too stupid to realize that if they back off him, he can't shoot well enough to make them pay? Instead they crowd him and let him get to the paint and dish for pt blank layups. He's always trying some fancy stupid pass that would get his arse kicked out of a game by a normal coach, but since Doc has nobody else to go with, he leaves him in.

Nate Robinson, pure punk, plain and simple.

Sheed is a sheethead, not much more to say about a guy who has stolen a paycheck for the last 4 seasons.

Glen Davis, runs over people but never seems to get called for charges. Someone needs to wipe the smirk off his face.

The whole team is full of pricks and I would never root for them.

Don't like the Lakers either, but it's the lesser of 2 evils.
  17. Mogilny

And if they were Pistons they would have been your seven favourite players.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Good call.
  19. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

WRONG, Sheed was a Piston and I had to try to tolerate his half-arsed efforts while some here kissed the ground he walked on. I don't like the Celtics team nor their cockiness or arrogance of their players. Never liked KG, especially after the Rick Rickert incident (yep, let's punch a kid in the face because he made you look bad in practice). KG is a piece of trash. He just screams fake. He's a complete fake. Pierce never has impressed me from all the way back to his time with Fatoine Walker. He's a flopping fool that spends more time looking at the refs after a play than running back on defense. He's one of the most over-rated "superstars" in the league. Without the "bailouts" from the refs he averages less than 14 a game. Rondo is good, but he gets away with a ton of hacks defensively to get his steals. He's just so cocky I can't appreciate his stellar plays.

I don't like LA either. Artest is a tool, but for some reason he seems like he's honest to a fault. He's a hothead that does stupid things but he seems sincere when asked to explain his actions. Not sure how a Piston fan can respect that guy but somehow he's kind of endeared myself to his game and persona. He doesn't slack defensively and I respect that.

Kobe is a tool too, (never forgive his immature actions when he refused to shoot during the playoffs a couple years back). But I like Gasol. Gasol was a soft and weak big that wasn't tough and I loved watching him get punked. But the man realized that, changed his mind, body and game in order to become the best big in the NBA. He's a player I can root for. I like Shannon Brown because of his MSU ties and he's an aggressive defender. I don't like Fisher (flopping POS). I don't like many Lakers but they seem the lesser of 2 evils to me. I just can't stand anyone on the Celtics (except Ray Ray, who has just become more and more annoying the longer he's donned the Celtic green).
  20. max

max All-Star

It's turned out to be a pretty good series. I wish the game was on last night than tonight when all my shows are on. Sat night would have been a pretty good night for a game.