The Future is B-R-I-G-H-T, BRIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I like pistonpowered.com for some insightful write ups. This one is great:

Andre Drummond – great pick and probable bust – makes draft night marvelous for himself and Pistons « PistonPowered

brofmfa likes this.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If the below quote doesn't scream Deeeeetroit Piston then nothing does!

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Don't hate on a momma's boy. I am one too. :)
    BallDon'tLie and coynejeremy like this.
  4. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Maybe Momma is positioning herself to snatch the big check that will be coming soon.
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Can you imagine doing all that at 18? I'd be yelling for my mother too.
    BallDon'tLie and brofmfa like this.
  6. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

I was really hoping to hear more about what you guys thought of our free agent prospects?
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Free Agents should fill holes on a team ready to make noise... I want to see how the kids start to shake out before you spend money to fill a hole that could become a strength depending on how a player matures and leaving us short in another spot.

Plus lets not spend money on a player that will only take time from one of our kids getting needed court time.

And my third item... if our last 3 drafts fall out like I am hoping we'll be needing all our cash to resign them.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The only Free Agent Prize I see next summer is Josh Smith.......but he's older than our core so I don't know if he's the best fit, based on timing. There is another angle........... we should keep an eye on OKC. Will they pay James Harden? I think Harden HAS to be our target, if OKC extends Harden, or is hell-bent on keeping him, then I say keep the money for a later date.

Another player to watch......Demar Derozan in Toronto. These guys can play but there's no guarantee that they'll even hit the market.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My OKC slappy friend (who is PF quality smart about bball) has this to say about Harden.

10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Missing my mom bad then at boot camp some 45 years ago.
  11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm on the Kim bandwagon.
    NBA Draft: Drummond, English shine in different ways at introductory press conference - Detroit Bad Boys

Here is an article about him:

Meet your newest Detroit Pistons: Kim English - Detroit Bad Boys
  12. Mogilny

KE sounds intelligent and confident. Hand him the C from game one, this dude is a leader.

I like his attitude. Chaz won't be tweeting any pics of him tied up in the corner of a shower room. There is a lot of work ethic, team play and toughness in BK, Singler, JJ, English and Monroe. Compare those guys to Daye, Gordo, Chaz, Weezer et al. If work ethic is one of Drummonds weaknesses I see the probability of him succeeding as alot higher in the locker room climate of group 1 than the one of group 2.

Edit: Oh, and add Frank to group 1 and Kuester to group 2.
  13. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

2013/14 they're currently only on the hook (assuming they amnesty Villanueva) for $34.6 million, with a young building-blocks nucleus of Knight, Stuckey, Monroe, and Drummond. I think that, if they don't have have high lottery pick next season (i.e. they make the playoffs), they should look to trade it for a first in the following one. At some point they'll have to start giving their guys big contracts, and if it's worth it to keep them, they're going to have to have the resources available to keep filling in the bench spots with inexpensive role players, and the best way to do that is with draft picks. Magette for a pick, Daye for a pick. Build up those cheap resources and spend them wisely when the time comes. The pieces are in place to potentially (potentially) build a dynasty, now Joe has to put the pieces in place to set himself up to maintain that dynasty.
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wow, this kid looks really big!
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Then that means target NOBODY! Question? Are we taking the OKC approach or the Boston approach? OKC =Build via draft. Bost=Trade young talent for proven talent.
  16. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Been thinking on this the last few days - what would it take to get Laimbeer on as an assistant coach? Would he take an assistant role?

Would love to see him mentoring Monroe and Drummond over the next few years.
  17. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Thank you for that video. The kid is really impressive, and the more locker-room leadership you have, the better it makes your team. He sounds like someone that would be okay with playing the role of off-the-bench shooter, not bugging Frank for playing time, etc. Guys like that make teams above more physically talented guys that don't realize their own limitations. I hope he makes the team.
  18. Mogilny

Maybe Monroe but I'd like another big man coach for Drummond, a guy more of a traditional center type of offense. I'd love to see Laimbeer as a assistant coach though.
  19. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

DeMar DeRozan - (22, 6-7, 216, 16.7ppg) - is an RFA I'd like to see us take a run at.

He's the right age. Putting up enough points. Big enough to play the three. Athletic enough to play the two (i.e. mixes in well with Stuckey, Jerebko, Prince, Daye, etc.).

Super duper athlete. Would really be able to run well with BKnight, Stuckey, Drummond, etc. Excellent mid-range game, something no one on our team really possesses. Takes it to the hole well. Solid defender.

We'd have to overpay him to get him as an RFA, but, whatever.
  20. max

max All-Star

I don't know about English but Middleton could be one of the steals of the draft. They say he would have been a 1st rounder had he came out last season. Injuries in his last season may have hurt his draft order but the potential is still there. Supposed to have a pretty good upside. Actually looks like a better prospect than Daye did.