1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

the misery of the teal

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TWOTIMESRALPHI, Nov 26, 2009.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

is it back? I became a Pistons fan in Grant Hill's rookie season; Lindsey Hunter was still young and he played in the back court with Joe Dumars. At the front court, you had Grant Long, Terry Mills and Otis Thorpe. Hill was a one- man show at that time, while the entire team was made out of a bunch of scrubs and aging vets. The teal came in Grant Hill's 2nd season; during that span, I remember players like Bison Dele, Jerry Stackhouse, Theo Ratliff, Loy Vaught, Big Ben, Don Reid or Eric Montross wearing it. What I also remember was that the team was below- average, that's why I enjoyed the last year's so much. As a Pistons- fan, I wasn't used to success and hence, I could honor it properly once it was there.
    But these days, I am afraid we're back to that horrible era; JoeD officially wanted to remain on top without going through that miserable process of rebuilding. I trusted in him to keep the team competitive; but, with all these mistakes he's made since acquiring Darko instead of Carmello, DWade or Bosh, I've lost my faith. This team probably will have to switch into rebuilding mode. I really don't think this losing streak is due to Tayshaun's and RIP's absence; sure, they'd make things easier - but still, what this team lacks is nothing RIP and Tayshaun are capable of. Plus, BG, Stuckey and CV are destined to be our so- called core and they've proven that they can't handle it. I still have to adapt to the situation that this team has become worse every year after #05 and is as far away from a ship as Bill Gates from being homeless. Just wanted to write down these words because I had a bad feeling when I realized that the Pistons are worst in the central division.

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Today is Thanksgiving. A day that even I strive to be thankful for what I have.
    The above piece may have some interesting points, but does not make for a good read for me on Thanksgiving Day.

3. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

Disagree that somehow our guys have proven they can't carry the load after a handful of games.