The new look Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by aarwich, Jul 14, 2008.

1. aarwich

aarwich Second Round Draft Pick

If I'm Joe D. It's simple. Use the mid level to sign Center Andris Biedrins from Golden state. As long as you give him more $ in the latter part of his contract. He is only 22 yrs old an already a 10/10 guy. Plus he had the highest field goal % in the league @ .626, not to mention he's a shot blocker. His last game of the season he had 20p/17r/3b.

Next sign and trade T. Prince & draft picks For Josh Smith. Also 22, he will be a 20/10 guy averaging 3 blocks and 2 steals.

2008 Starting Lineup: 1.) Billups- 2.) Rip- 3.) Smith- 4.) Wallace 5.) Biedrins

2008 Reserves: 1.) Stuckey- 2.) Afflalo- 3.) Johnson- 4.) Maxiell 5.) Samb- (McDyess, Acker, Sharp)

This is what I like to call BRILLIANT!!! This team will give every other team in the league machup problems. You can go small with Billups, Stuckey, Rip, Smith and Biedrins or big with Billups, Stuckey, Smith, Maxiell and Sheed. They will have speed to run the open floor & length to protect the paint. Also we keep a strong perimeter game, which is important in this league.

2009 Starting Lineup: 1.) Billups- 2.) Stuckey- 3.) Johnson- 4.) Smith- 5.) Biedrins
    After Sheed and McDyess are gone you resign Johnson, Suckey, Maxiell & Samb. Then you concentrate on a sign and trade with Rip to re pad the bench. You have to keep in mind that 2009 starters will all be all stars and Johnson WILL be a super star. Passably Stuckey and probably Smith as well.

I realize GS might match $ for Biedrins. So you give up Billups if you have to. But remember they have 3 other up and coming bigs. A. Randolph blew it up the other night.

HOME WORK ASSIGNMENT:

Look up A.J.'s 07 stats. Then times them by 3.3, now add maturity and experience. I came up with- 38min/23pts/15rpg/4bpg/2spg- with a .520 fg%
    For this to be happen though, Joe D. needs to have Mahorn or Lambier mentor this kid to get his head right, and maybe learn some post moves...
  2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Welcome to the Pistons Forum.

Interesting break down. I do think that your scenario is hard to pull off and takes a lot of things in consideration for it to work. Trades are hard to pull off. First you have to have a team interested and then you have to match salaries and have to want what the other team wants to offer you. Also you just never know about how the chemistry will be when you add too many new pieces.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Warriors will give Biedrins more than the exception, so I don't think that part works.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Why are you so down on AJ? 23 & 15 with 4 blocks seems like warm-ups for the kid.
  5. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Those were 1st quarter stats only. Multiply those by 4 easy.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I thought one of the first 2 columns might have been his fouls.
  7. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Why only the starters? What's stopping the entire team from making the all-star squad?
  8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

The team could be so good that they will throw 4th quarters so its tied and make the game go 2-3 OT's every game so all 12 players can get enough mins....

:stirthepot:
  9. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

and still pull away in the 2nd or 3rd OT to win by 40!
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound: