The New Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

After watching the preseason game against the Pistons I think the Heat will win the east with a decent margin. Not because they crushed us in the first half in a preseason game but because it is easy to forget what a BEAST James is when all the talk is about his behavour off the field. I think the Celtics will struggle with the speed of the Heat.

I enjoyed Wojs take on the Heat.

Wade cedes Heat throne to King James - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

2. Brap

Brap Starter

Every team in the league will have trouble with the Heat's speed. I read this several months ago, and I think this may be correct: James, Wade and Bosh are the fastest players in the league at their respective positions.

The problem the Heat may have is that Bosh is not a center and he isn't a dominant rebounder or defender, and that team has nobody else on the roster who is a viable option as an interior defender and defensive rebounder. Ilgauskus is way past his best years - he might help a little for a while. So, while the Heat are super fast, they may have a lot of problems initiating their break because they may need their stars to collapse into the lane.

Of course, LeBron rebounding the ball is often an unstoppable force just driving the length of the court like a big fast train. When he does that, there really is no chance anyone can stop him.

I hate the colluders, but let's face facts: just because I hate them doesn't mean they aren't 2 super players plus one pretty great one. They'll be murder to match up with.

3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

The best comment I have heard about the Heat/James since the game has to be from Jay On Espn's First take. He's an Ohio boy thru and thru... so a bit biased, but his comment was that If james showed the kind of emotion and effort in the playoffs that he did in the first PRESEASON game for the heat, that they would have beat the celtics and been in the finals... and you know what, I have to agree. So in my book that is just another reason I don't like James, and don't think he should be considered the best player in the league. That title is Kobe's and soon to be taken by Durant. James you will remain the most talented, but never on those two's or the greats of the games level.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just don't think Wade/James/Bosh are so much better than Rondo/Pierce/Garnett that they can make up for their lack of big men.

The thing that everyone is overlooking is how much better KG is than Bosh when KG is healthy. We're talking DPOY type guy.

I guess the big variable here is how the Heat are coached and how they get around their hole in the middle. Maybe they have a solution.

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The Celtics are a mean nasty defensive team. They won't try to stop LeBron with touchy-feely fouls and end up yielding and-1 after and-1. They'll foul him HARD. And, if past PO performance track record is any indication, LeBron actually stops driving to the basket once he experiences pain. Celtics front line is so big that if they're healthy the only thing that'll push the Heat past the Celts would be Wade's willpower. The Celtics are a much better balanced team than the Heat.

Even if the Heat goes to the Finals, I'd still have my money on the Lakers.

I cannot believe I'm typing this, but I hate LeBron so much that I'm gonna end up rooting for Celtics and then the Lakers; the two teams that I (used to) hate the most in this league.

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm wit' 'cha on that brutha!

I STRONGLY DISLIKE Shaq.
    ...but it would be neat to see him beat both of his old running mates (Wade, Kobe) on the way to a Championship with team green.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I really can't believe I am typing this, but I would root for the Lakes to 3-peat over the Heat. That is saying something.

If the Heat lose it will be one of the greatest days of my life. They could lose on a shot that goes in 15 seconds after the buzzer sounds while the refs are shoving $$ in their pockets and I will react like Tom Lasorda after Kirk Gibson's home run.

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I don't even think I disliked the Jordan-era bulls as much as I dislike Miami.

If Satan himself fielded a team that featured Bernie Madoff, Osama Bin Laden, Celine Dion, Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler as his starting five; I'd STILL root against the Heat.

9. Mogilny

I'd root for a team coached by Satan against anyone.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons must be pretty bad, because the way the heat looked Tuesday, they didn't even need Dwade....Bosh looked comfortable out there with Lebron. In fact I think I think would be better out of the gate without Wade as the three of them in there in the beginning may cause an issue as they try to defer to each other .....if you recall, the Pistons were heading for an almost certain upset win leading 9-6 with the three amigos in there ..as soon as Wade sat, the Heat took over

If they don't win the whole thing this year, then one of them (James or Wade) will need to be traded:sssh:

11. LA Dre

I am rooting for a Bulls-Thunder finals with the Lakers, Heat and Celtics sitting on the sidelines with the Pistons wondering what happen to their season and silencing the media hype..

12. Walter

With Helen Hunt, Barbara Streisand and Richard Simmons off the bench.

13. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Originally Posted by BallDon'tLie [​IMG]
    I don't even think I disliked the Jordan-era bulls as much as I dislike Miami.

If Satan himself fielded a team that featured Bernie Madoff, Osama Bin Laden, Celine Dion, Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler as his starting five; I'd STILL root against the Heat.

:cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :yukpuke:

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

I might actually root for this team against the current Pistons. You know they would be entertaining.

15. Mogilny

Say what you want but it's a team with personality.

16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am with you. And someone needs to ram something down Chris Bosh's mouth. Every damn play he is shouting and screaming....ugh

17. Nemo

18. Walter

I guess he had just as much influence as Lady Gaga.

19. Nemo

I can't possible be right with this prediction...can I. probably too early to tell..:)

20. LA Dre

At 8-6, Pat Riley is already giving Eric Spoelstra the vote of confidence, which means he is already drawing up his own plays in anticipation of taking over, especially after losing by 16 at home last night to the Pacers.

Looking at their schedule, there is a possibility that they could have 8 more losses before supposed pre-finals match up on Christmas day. Their next loss might be tomorrow via the Magic.

With Wade ailing (shot 1-13 last night) and leading rebounder Haslem gone for a few months, they just signed Erick Dampier and waived Jerry Stackhouse