The New Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

What's Raja Bell doing lately?
  2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

no no no.... keys to 2 cities and the county...... I really didn't think any team would rate as high on my hate (yes i said hate) as i did growing up as we thought thru the celtics... I don't care who it is, I'll be rooting for anybody playing them... heck I will even root for the magic now (thats saying alot)
  3. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Lebron is a total fool. He said this is a family. What is the world coming to? So stupid. Please tell me they will not win the championship. They just can't. I did not feel this strongly in 2007 when the Celtics got allen and kg. This is beyond shifty. The King of Shifty Pat Riley sitting there like a proud daddy.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

Until the Pistons are back in contention, I am now a huge Lakers fan.
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

james just said they will win more then 7 titles.... talk about.... sigh.... i can't watch anymore of this... I sure wish i could watch some basketball.....
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder how the curse will play out.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A scroller at the bottom of ESPN news indicated that Derek Fisher was meeting with Pat Riley tomorrow....the saga continues... he wanted 5 mil to resign with the Lakers, but they only wanted to only give him 2.5

If he signs with the Heat, then Laker fans will call him sellout....Kobe can't win a ring without Fisher....
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It would have been awesome if someone asked Bosh if he hoped to lead the Heat to a string of sub .500 seasons like he did with Toronto.
  9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I don't think LA will have to worry about Fisher in Miami for 5mil now that they threw that contract to Mike Miller.
  10. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I dont know about Fisher's character. He engineered his way out of Utah because his daughter needed the better doctors in Los Angeles. I could understand that. Some people thought that was suspect. Now he is meeting with Shifty Pat Riley. I think all of the teams should collude to try to stop Miami from getting any more players. I want them to field a team of four players. That press conference and party was so overdone. Lebron looked ridiculous predicting 7 rings. SMH
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

Post of the day!

I've been thinking the same thing. In all the media fawning over the Heat, no one is mentioning the star power of the reigning champions.
  13. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Kobe can guard Wade, Artest can guard Lebron and Pau can guard Bosh, also Bynum and Odom are better than anything they can get with what is left of their cap space.
  14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

It would be fun if Fisher ends his career with more rings than Kobe.
  15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sources: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh sign with Miami Heat for $15M less each - ESPN

LeBron and Bosh will make $14.5mil each next year ($110.1mil total). Wade will make $14mil ($107.5mil total).

I'm trying to figure out how much cap space Miami has now. I found this article that gets close, but it was most recently updated before LeBron's decision and before the contracts were signed. Seems to be a good site though. They had an interesting article on Deron Washington being waived last year (check out the Pistons section).

ShamSports.com: The amount of cap room teams will actually have, updated, again

16. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sources: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh sign with Miami Heat for $15M less each - ESPN

LeBron and Bosh will make $14.5mil each next year ($110.1mil total). Wade will make $14mil ($107.5mil total).

I'm trying to figure out how much cap space Miami has now. I found this article that gets close, but it was most recently updated before LeBron's decision and before the contracts were signed. Seems to be a good site though. They had an interesting article on Deron Washington being waived last year (check out the Pistons section).

ShamSports.com: The amount of cap room teams will actually have, updated, again

I'm confused about the Haslem situation. Can anybody explain better what is going on with his cap hold?
  17. LA Dre

If Fisher goes there and they happen win and he gets a sixth ring, then Kobe will try figure out away to also join the heat in a couple seasons to add to his total.:)

Which will beg the question~~~~What is this NBA world coming to??
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I just don't see this working.
    I can't wait to see this whole thing turn in to an epic failure.
  19. LA Dre

An injury or the 45 mins per game to LBJ and Wade could derail Riley's master plan (hopefully)
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

How does it work with no trade-clauses in the NBA? It is pretty common for the biggest players in the NHL. Or can Miami trade LeBron tomorrow for some ridicolously big offer after fooling him into taking a paycut to increase his value even more? :pound:Maybe it's not the best move longterm for their future free agency success but it sure would be fun! I wonder what he would say after ending up in a depleted Oklahoma squad.