The New Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

How about Shaq? He isn't near what he used to be obv but he is still big and can stop some big guys for a while. He might want to add one or two rings to his collection for the vet minimum. I doubt the "too big for the dressing room" will be much of a factor when it comes to Bosh, Wade and James.

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Only if Gary Payton comes out of retirement to run the point.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just saw Jerry Stackhouse on NBA TV (a tape from last night) and he said that he would take one of those minimum contracts if Miami were to offer it to him....

He basically said it is all about the ring and he would go the Heat for less money then go back to the Bucks

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh come on, Linwood. They are not going to be panicking after the third game of the season! :)

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

OK, you guys all know a lot more about basketball than I do (or even want to). I'm conceding that. But I just cannot see this team failing to win at least 60 games. Probably more like 65+. Then in the playoffs I would be very surprised to see anyone stop them. Lebron wants to win really bad and Wade and Bosh will take the pressure off of him, I think.

As far as an early season losing streak...forget it! Now...everything may implode after this season. I don't know. But I think they will have the best regular season record in the entire league for sure and I also think they will probably hoist the hardware (unfortunately).

Disclaimer: Now...if Wade (fakes) gets hurt and lebron goes down too...all bets are off.

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

:darthvader:

6. Walter

If LeBron really wanted to win bad, he would've attempted to do so a few months ago.

I do agree that this is a 60-win team at least. However, a well-balanced team can handle these guys. I'd still put my money on the Lakers in a LA-Heat final.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think it all depends on who is willing to play with them for the minimum. They could be very good or fairly mediocre. The other issue of course is the coach. Will they listen to Baby Face? I don't think LBJ listens to anyone.

There is more potential here than you can imagine, either to be really good or to have the whole thing blow up. If I were betting I might place a few bucks on the former, but I really want to see the latter.

8. Walter

Apparently Haslem is willing to play with them.
    NBA.com: Suns to Acquire Hedo Turkoglu, Josh Childress

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I see high odds for a major injury to one of the big three this season. :stirthepot:

They better hope it's not Wade.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Lebron seems ultra durable.

But pretty good chance that one of the other two will have something occur.

That is a flaw in the superstar model of course.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt Wade will suffer some type of injury just crashing on the floor 5 times a game, expescially if he has to play 45 mins a game.

Also read on the ESPN ticker that Big Z (Zydrunas Illglaskas) is talking to the Heat about teaming up with Lebron again..

12. Darth Tater

We are speculating here, but can we agree that he is a poor loser? (Refusing to shake hands after his playoff exit courtesy of Orlando last year).

OK. So he is a spoiled brat who quits when he "knows" he is going to lose.

I think he wants to win really bad but he sulked and gave up when he couldn't get what he wanted (a rare occurrence for this guy). Now that he has the supporting cast, I think that he will win and try his darndest to win. Poor sports are like that.

Sheesh. Wade AND James on one team. Then add Bosh who aint chopped liver. You better believe Dumars would trade anyone on the Pistons team for Lebron OR Wade. Anyone!!
    No way they aren't awesome guys. :puke:

Prepare for the NBA dark ages.:horn:

No. I am not Darth (chicken) Little. I would be if a gave a damn, but I honestly do NOT give a shizzle.

13. Walter

In the fantasy world, it's LeBron and his supporting cast. In reality, LeBron and Bosh are Wade's supporting cast. Of those three Wade is the only one with the killer instinct. An injury to Wade is still the worst thing that can happen to Heat. Now that he's not alone, Wade is less likely to be injured since he no longer will be the sole focus of the opposing defenses.

LeBron had a valid chance with the Cavs this summer. He quit the first time he had to break a sweat. If the Heat win the trophy, it'll be because of Wade; not LeBron. Too bad Bron will get the MVP regardless.

On another note, this will be a two-man race between Durant and Melo for the scoring title.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Turkey.

15. Darth Tater

Totally agree!!

16. Darth Tater

Better a turkey than a penguin...well...maybe not...:confused:

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:smiley_hug:

18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is going to hurt these guys' fantasy draft positions. I'm not sure I would pick Lebron or Wade in the top 3 this year.

19. max

max All-Star

They are going to be pretty good. Probably get crushed by the Lakers next year but give Riley a year or two to build a team around them and they will be the team to beat. Question is - will they have the patience to wait for the rest of the roster to catch up.

20. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

If the Heat win a championship it'll be because they're a great team with great talent. Dwyane Wade doesn't have a history of overachieving in the playoffs. No basketball fan in their right mind has referred to Wade as the superior player since the 07 demolition of the Pistons. And none of it matters as they're on the same team. A lot of the criticisms I see seem to boil down to simple dislike.

Don't get the injury argument some are making. Injuries to starters hurt teams. Injuries to better players hurt teams more. Nothing's different here.