The New Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. max

max All-Star

Plus they signed players who play different positions.

At the bargain rates the 3 are rumored to be signing for - it's not going to be hard not to build a team around them.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I love how Wade is THE MAN compared to LeBron James because he won a championship BY HIMSELF. As if the most dominant center ever wasn't on his team at the same time. And going along with that, I love how Shaq is better than Kobe because he won a championship BY HIMSELF, as if he wasn't on the same team as one of the top 3 guards in the league at the time. And I love how Kobe PROVED he is as good as Shaq because he won a couple championships BY HIMSELF, as if getting one of the top 5 big men in the league didn't have anything to do with it.

Sometimes I get annoyed at how much individual players are glorified relative to the team. But what else is new?
  3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

In Kobe's defense he personally has been quick to correct any reporter who has tried to discount his teammates role in the last two championships.

Wow....I'm defending Kobe Bryant. :twitch:
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

He better be. No other team would have won that game with their best player shooting 6-24.
  5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

He is though.

He really is.

Even before the 6-24 he was deferring to his teammates when the media was clamoring for his jockstrap.

I respect that.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's fine. I was complaining more about the media machine. Although of all those people I mentioned, Shaq really over-promoted himself when it came to his rivalry with Kobe.
  7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I dislike the media more and more with every passing year. All they ever do is stir up garbage and misquote players to generate "news".

A perfect example is when they decided that Gasol was calling KG a crotchety old man and tried to incite some kind of rivalry between the two that was never there.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With all due respect to Shaq....Don't forget without five time champion Derek Fisher as Kobe's set up man, neither would have all five of those rings. The two of them went to the finals 7 times in 10 years.

Fisher will turn 36 next month signed a 3 year deal with the Lakers and will have to assume he will probably be a player coach in that last year??

9. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

Players that might be able to help the heat?

Chucky Atkins can get the ball over the timeline and shoot three...same thing with Damon Jones. If they sign Mike Miller, then you would have to assume that their back up PG will be more like a third PG, seeing as you'll see alot of Wade-Miller-Lebron stuff on the perimeter. Really, ANY PG who can shoot will help. It's not like the guy will get a lot of run. Maybe Javaris Crittenton tries to save his career, or J-Will takes one more shot at a ring.

As for bigs, you have the re-treads. Ratliff, Barron, Brian Skinner, Elson, Kurt Thomas, Battie...There are veteran big bodies with six fouls available for the minimum. Bosh, Haslem, and two of those guys can be a functional big rotation, at least given the fact that you have Wade and LBJ outside. Pittman is a little fat, but don't sleep on him. If there's ever a situation where that kid would be in shape this is it. If Pittman can come into the season on the good side of 280...?

How's this for a scary thought- Jamal Magloire-"NBA All-Star and starting center on multiple championship teams." If you didn't know any better you might think that the guy had a career.
  10. LA Dre

Looks like Miami has enough players to rest the big three if needed

SF James
    PF Bosh
    C Zydrunas
    SG Wade
    PG Chalmers

PF Haslem
    G/F Miller
    SF Da Sean Butler*
    C Dexter Pittman*
    F/C Jarvis Varnado*

* rookies

All they need to do now is sign some ex-pistons looking for a ring in Atkins, AI, Stackhouse, Samb and Walter Hermann to minimum contracts and the some of [STRIKE]us [/STRIKE] you all will start rooting for the Heat to win...:sssh:
  11. max

max All-Star

What - they have Dexter Pittman! It's already over.
  12. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

With Big Z down there it looks like Lebron is recruiting his Cleveland teammates.

Maybe Delonte West off the bench?:puke:
  13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

They also got Kenny Hasbrouck on their roster, a 23 yo PG.
  14. LA Dre

Damon Jones has already gone through his wardrobe pulling out his South Beach attire in anticipation of going back to Miami (he was there in 04-05) and rejoining his former Cavmates in LBJ and Big Z
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They're keeping Arroyo aren't they?
  16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So, was last year's secret plan to send Haslim to the bench, not to develop younger players, but to ease the wear and tear so he'd be able to come back this year more like his old self?
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

First you gotta get 'em outta bed!!!!!!
  18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

19. LA Dre

No doubt attendance will sell out in any arena these three brats show up..to, which means I need to get my Laker and Clipper tickets now....

Here is a new concept
    Why doesn't the NBA identify the top 30 players and reduce the league down to 10 teams and provide each team with three of the top 30, and let them battle it out...better competition here and probably no blow outs.

To assure that the NBA gets its money....and keeps its fans, each of the 10 teams can represent/share three different markets/cities. (the existing cities would be OK) each market will have only 13-14 home games but you are guaranteed a sell out and you would be required to have at least one game in the local dome football stadium..

Sorry to go way off base, but it's still gonna be a long summer and we need some new topics to discuss here other than who the Pistons aren't getting...
  20. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

soo heat/cav road numbers are going to be better then last year? last year you would pay to see wade, you would pay to see james...

this year you save your dollars and only have to see one game. Who wants to see the cavs's play this coming year....

this BS about folks coming out to see the Super teams.... yea but how about all the other teams that are going to lose viewers.... wonder how those cav season tickets are selling.

Instead of having two teams putting up good ratings on tv, you now have one....

If the players want to play together and take less money for it fine, but don't try to pretend its going to lead to better numbers for the league.