The next coach of the Detroit Pistons is...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

"Of the five known candidates for job, sources say that former Pistons assistant Mike Woodson is still the closest thing to a favorite, thanks largely to Woodson’s good working relationship with Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars.."

We've been down this road before. This is exactly why I do not want Woodson. I don't trust Dumard's judgment on this. His "good working relationship" with players and coaches has blanked the Pistons in the blank every single time.

Keep Dumard's around for a year or two to pick his brain on league operations and offer a smooth transition. Then kick his sorry butt to the curb and hire a real G.M. Meanwhile, minimize any further damage he can cause to the organization. Prevent him from picking the coach.

Frank sounds like a good choice (since Laimbeer will never get a shot).

[SIGN]Off the Dumard's bandwagon[/SIGN]
  2. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

But, the holes are for what?
  3. pass99

Wow! You can be rather mean.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Grip. . .
  5. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

-If you were to take apart an outlet and look at the contact wipers that the prongs slide into, you would find that they have have bumps on them. These bumps fit into the holes so that the outlet can grip the plug's prongs more firmly. This detenting prevents the plug from slipping out of the socket due to the weight of the plug and cord. It also improves the contact between the plug and the outlet.

-They also save in raw materials cost.

-They also allow a manufacturer of a small appliance to run a plastic chord tie through the holes preventing the device from being used until the new owner reads the "how-to" manual....
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think this thread has gone slightly off-topic....
  7. pass99

Go ahead, we will let you be mean too.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

what about the Cheshire Cat being a thug ?
  9. Nemo

A noble being whose most famous quality is the smile, which can sometimes be interpreted as sinister. The cat's most famous act is it's gradual disappearance except for the trademark smile. The Cheshire cat has been portrayed in song by Ted Nugent...been offered as reference in several Star Trek Episodes...featured in DC comics...Had a county named after it, which awards a prize for a cheese carved like the famous cat. Walt Disney even includes it in his stable of characters, borrowing it from the original story...offering his remake version. My wife has a Cheshire Cat cookie Jar...

One can only assume that the Cheshire Cat has been viewed in many different ways...including a thug...
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Bro and P99 started that stuff.
    I never thought he was a thug, but then, 54 years ago I was lapsing in and out of consciousness while watching the movie. All I remember is a cat in a tree with a big grin.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

He DOES look rather intimidating.

[​IMG]
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

that's his evil twin, the thug.
  14. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Woodson interviewing with the Wolves now. A little bit of gamesmanship from the Woodson camp?
  15. pass99

I would call it typical self-survival. It might be best to be the revolving lazy-susan and the presentation outlook of each team's current void as a searching grab-bag. The container is the first easy and successful reach. It's finding the right lid which leads to frustration.

Ownership has to put it's own view or stamp in quick fashion. It has done so. Most might think that the ownership will rule. The delay can have two pronounced directions: the most obvious being cost effectiveness (let's hope that Gores is not losing sleep over this) and PR rules. The other direction is to draw a longer conclusion from the Ownership's side. I say they acquiesce to JD and let the myth choose a shorter tipping-point. The division between ownership and JD is now out there. Most concerns are about the length of rope. The gallows are being built far in advance of the sturdy architectural style of the knot.
  16. max

max All-Star

Don't the Wolves have Ricky Rubio finally joining the team? Plus a top 3 pick.

Should have signed the guy if they wanted to hire him instead of trying to save a few bucks by not having to pay for a coach - allegedly.
  17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think the original headline got lost in the void, so I will repost:

Lawrence Frank tabbed as new head coach of Detroit Pistons, sources say - ESPN

19. Nemo

Joe needs to get out in front with this new coach hire. Things cannot be status quo. This is definitely Gores guy and Checketts probably had some influence. Joe has gotta make this work by making sure the players fall in line behind this new coach. He'll be the buffer between the players and coach. He may not like that but to me he's brought this upon himself with the last two coaching fiascos.
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star

While always wishing the best for the Pistons, I find this news terribly disappointing. IMO Frank is not the right guy for this job