the official 2006 NBA draft thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Hotsauce, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

It is never too early to talk nba draft.

anyways, here is the most recent mock from nbadraft.net

http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2006

I like the pistons pick in their first second rounder, but sean dockery after that is a horrible selection.
  2. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Hell yeah, Dee Brown!!!

But I find it hard to believe he'll fall that low. I think he's a late first round pick, if not someone will scoop him up very early in the 2nd round...
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

My vote goes for Taquan Dean. Slated to go to Cleveland at #47.

This guy could develop (heh heh) into the backup for Chauncey we have been looking for.

He is a very good player, although his team has really tanked it this year. (not good for a senior)
  4. Hotsauce

yeah dee would be one hell of a spark off the bench. We need that after lindsey leaves. Except Dee is a good on the ball defender and an above average scorer.
  5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I can't think Brown will be around, but he's absolutely a winner. Otherwise I'd devote the second-rounder to a less heralded type who might be our designated "Wade Stopper." Maybe a guy like Corey Belser or another aggressive, physical swing defender.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

"This is going to be a draft that is pretty weak compared to previous drafts," said Dave Telep, director of basketball recruiting for Scouts.com.
    Were it not for the new restriction on high school players, it might have been a very strong draft -- one that likely would have been anchored by center Greg Oden of Lawrence North High School in Indianapolis.
    "I think six to eight high school players would have been chosen in the lottery," Telep said. "This draft would have been much stronger if the new agreement had not been in place."
    With Oden headed to Ohio State instead of the NBA, the draft lacks a consensus top pick. But one scout argues it possesses solid depth.
    "There's not a definitive No. 1," said Ryan Blake, a NBA scout for Marty Blake and Associates. "But there's going to be opportunities to draft impact players all the way through the second round."
  7. Hotsauce

I am looking at a couple guys right now. I personally dont think Dee would be available, although he would be great.

linwood mentioned taquan dean. I would love to get him. Another guy is Craig Smith from BC. I seen this guy play a couple times and he is flat out impressive. A great NBA ready body with a strong defensive presence. He has good post moves for a big guy. Fights hard for offensive rebounds. Relentless on the boards.

"With his power he is almost unstoppable in one-on-one situations."

[​IMG]
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He looks mean.

I like that.
  9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

BC has a solid team, that guy has a man's body already. interesting.
  10. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I've seen a lot of Smith here in New England. Somebody who wants a ready-to-go pro will take him in the late lottery, especially if BC makes a nice tourney run.
  11. simone

simone Second Round Draft Pick

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

#3 is a 7 foot tall center named Andrea. Should be pretty tough. Although, if you could find a 6'11" power forward named Jennifer...
  13. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Ali Traore... I really hope we try to move up and snag this guy in the middle of the 2nd round. He's gonna be a big time sleeper in this draft. 6-9 to 6-10 240lb PF/C with an array of post moves and a great hook-shot. Leave him overseas for a year or 2 to develop further, and bring him over when he's needed.
  14. Hotsauce

I thought we had two second round picks this year??
    What happened? According to nbadraft.net we only have one.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The second pick was for Ronald Dupree (from the Timberwolves). That pick is slated to come to us sometime between 2006~2008. Why? I dunno.
  16. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Just to stir the pot, here's a Ty Thomas interview from Draftexpress.com that really makes the guy look like a jerk. Too bad the interview wasn't with Draftexpress's #1 guy, Jonathan Givony, because he would have told Thomas off royally instead of wimping out.
  17. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Check out this article about Fesenko, the Ukrainian center Detroit was allegedly trying to hide so they could get him with the 60th pick. He worked out with the Bucks and showed a lot of Memo and Darko style goofiness, though I liked how he won the 2-on-2 game.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Joe must draft this guy. MUST.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Agreed. If we get this guy off the bench that would be great. As we can see he's VERY coachable.
  20. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

On a serious note, if I'm Milwaukee I downgrade the other three guys in the workout because they weren't quick enough mentally or competitively to chase after Fesenko when he inbounded to himself. It's not like that play has never been used before.